SSD and SSI Lawyers
Social Security Lawyers in Bunker Hill, IL
Social Security lawyers in Bunker Hill, IL. No one should be in a position where they have to worry about how they are going to survive without the ability to earn a living. As some of the most vulnerable people in our community, the disabled and elderly deserve to be treated with as much empathy and respect as everyone else. At Drummond Law, we recognize these individuals and have a passion to help.
If you or a loved one are 65+ years old, disabled, or blind in addition to having limited or no income to sufficiently support yourself, Drummond Law wants to help you get the Social Security assistance you require in order to live with peace of mind. We know all the regulations, laws, and rules within the two most common federal programs:
Our Social Security attorneys can walk you through every step of the process from beginning to end. For help filing for Social Security, appealing a denial, or any other issues regarding your right to seek benefits, speak with our Social Security lawyers in Bunker Hill, IL, now. Please contact us or call 800-842-0426 for a free case review.
How to File for Benefits With the Help of Our Social Security Lawyers in Bunker Hill, IL
Whatever type of assistance you need, filing for Social Security benefits can be complicated and confusing. Many people don’t get a lawyer involved until it is too late and their claim is denied.
If you are disabled and have to pay for a variety of essential expenses, you simply cannot delay receiving benefits. A Social Security Lawyer can speed up the process. When you get us involved from the beginning, you can make sure the claim develops without any complications, avoiding a denial and subsequently long appeals process.
Advantages to getting a Social Security lawyer involved as soon as possible:
- Everything is handled for you – The first thing we do is determine which program you are most qualified for and how we can fill out the paperwork to position you for the best chance of approval the first time around. We’ll take care of every facet of the application process, such as submitting all medical records and other documentation to the correct parties. In turn, you can rest easy knowing you have an advocate looking out for your best interests at every turn.
- Years of experience – Our Social Security attorneys have been helping people get the benefits they need since 1976. Within this time, we have cultivated a thorough grasp on the nuances of the Social Security Administration (SSA) and can communicate with them on your behalf. We can also interpret the complex language of the paperwork and relay it back to you so that you understand everything you need to know about your claim.
- Eye for details – Evidence is key to proving your need for benefits to the SSA. This includes consulting with employers and medical professionals on your behalf to submit pertinent information on your condition.
- Protecting your rights at every turn – If your claim is denied for any reason, we become ardent defenders of your rights. We will file an appeal on your behalf and represent you before an administrative law judge (ALJ) should your case require a hearing. Finally, if all else fails, we will file a lawsuit on your behalf to secure the benefits to which you are entitled.
Our Social Security lawyers in Bunker Hill, IL, listen to you. We want to develop an intimate knowledge of your situation and disability. In turn, we will be able to accurately illustrate your situation to the SSA better than anyone else. We want to make the process as easy as possible so you can move on with your life and onto financial independence.
Am I Eligible for Social Security Benefits?
You are eligible for Social Security benefits if you have a condition that’s considered a “disability,” defined by the SSA as the inability to perform work because of mental or physical impairment that’s expected to last longer than a year. Under a case review by the SSA, they will determine whether or not you are able to adjust to other work as a result of the condition. If they deem you unable to continue work in some capacity, then you are entitled to benefits.
However, there is a difference between which program you might be eligible for, and it all has to do with your background. For example, Social Security Disability eligibility is based on whether or not you have a history of making contributions to the Social Security trust fund and, therefore, have built up “credits.” On the other hand, Supplemental Security Income can be available to people who have not earned enough credits but do still qualify in terms of their age, disability, and limited amount of resources. Get more details on the eligibility for these federal programs below:
Eligibility for Social Security Disability:
- Built-up work credits – These credits are based on you or your family’s wages and income over a number of years. You are considered “insured” because of contributions made to the Social Security trust fund in the form of FICA payroll taxes. In many cases, you need 40 credits in order to qualify for SSDI benefits, but some disabled younger people may still be able to qualify with fewer credits.
Eligibility for Supplemental Security Income:
- Disability (any age) OR age (65+) OR blindness (any age)
- Limited/no income – Because these benefits are generally needs-based as well as taken from general fund taxes—not from the Social Security trust fund—an individual with an income less than $2,000 may qualify. It is $3,000 if it is a couple.
You may be eligible for both programs at the same time, which is why you need the help of our Social Security lawyers in Bunker Hill, IL, to see which is the best option for you. Once we determine which program will give you the maximum benefit, we can work with you through every step of the appropriate application process. Contact us to get started.
Denied Social Security? How an SSD Lawyer at Drummond Law Can Help
The SSA has significant discretion in determining whether or not to award benefits to vulnerable individuals, and they often use that discretion liberally. For example, thousands of people nationwide are denied every year for a number of reasons. Only 35% of applications are approved the first time around, which means a vast majority of individuals must find a way to get the benefits they need.
If you are one of the thousands of people denied SSD or SSI, it is not too late to seek the help of a Social Security lawyer to fight for what you need—but you shouldn’t wait. There is only a short period of time in which the Social Security Administration allows for appeals, and the worst mistake people make is filing too late or failing to file at all.
Once our attorneys step in, we build a compelling argument to be presented in front of an Appeals Council or at your hearing. Our firm believes that you should never face the SSA alone. We stand right beside you and can help you effectively and clearly convey the the disability difficulties you face in a way that will convince a judge. Having Social Security lawyers on your side, such as those at Drummond Law, will increase your chances of getting what you need in an appeal.
Hire Our Social Security Lawyers in Bunker Hill, IL | Contact Drummond Law
Our Social Security lawyers can take on any challenge, including completing the SSD or SSI application for you, finding and submitting medical records, appealing a denial, fighting for benefits at a hearing, and even arguing on your behalf in Federal Court if it comes to that.
We passionately believe that hardworking people deserve maximum benefits after a disability. Since 1976, Drummond Law has been helping people across Missouri and Illinois receive the benefits they need to support themselves and their families. To speak with our Social Security lawyers in Bunker Hill, IL, please contact us or call 800-842-0426.