SSD and SSI Lawyers
Social Security Lawyers in Knox County, IL
Social Security lawyers in Knox County, IL. No one should ever worry about how they are going to live comfortably if they are unable to earn a living due to a disability. As some of the most vulnerable people in our community, the elderly and disabled have a right to be treated with as much respect and empathy as anyone else. At Drummond Law, we care deeply about these individuals and want to help.
If you or a loved one are 65+ years old, disabled, or blind in addition to having limited assets to adequately support yourself, Drummond Law wants to help you get the Social Security assistance you require in order to live comfortably. We know all the laws, regulations, and rules within the two most common types of benefit programs:
- Social Security Disability Insurance | SSD Lawyers
- Supplemental Security Income | SSI Lawyers
Our Social Security attorneys can guide you through every step of your claim from beginning to end. For help filing for Social Security, appealing a denial, or any other issues regarding your right to seek benefits, speak with our Social Security lawyers in Knox County, IL, now. Please contact us or call 844-706-7710 for a free case review.
How to File for Benefits With the Help of Our Social Security Lawyers in Knox County, IL
No matter what type of assistance you require, filing for the Social Security program can be complicated and confusing. In too many cases, people do not get an attorney involved until it is too late and the claim is denied.
If you’re disabled and need to pay your bills, you must seek help from a Social Security lawyer so that you start receiving assistance without any delay. When you get us involved from the beginning, you can make sure the claim develops without any complications, avoiding a denial and subsequently long appeals process.
Advantages to getting a Social Security lawyer involved as soon as possible:
- We handle everything for you – The first thing we do is determine which program you are most qualified for and how we can fill out the paperwork to position you for the best chance of approval the first time around. We will handle every step in the process for you, such as submitting all documentation and medical records to the appropriate parties. In turn, you can rest easy knowing you have an advocate looking out for your best interests at every turn.
- Years of experience – The Social Security attorneys at Drummond Law have helped disabled individuals since the year 1976. In this time, we have cultivated a complete understanding of the nuances of the Social Security Administration (SSA) and can communicate with them on your behalf. One important aspect is also being able to translate the complex language of the documents and tell you the info pertinent to your claim.
- The fine details – We help pinpoint the pieces of evidence that must be presented to the SSA in order to prove your need for benefits. This includes consulting with employers and medical professionals on your behalf to submit pertinent information on your condition.
- Protection of your rights – If your request for benefits is denied, we become staunch defenders of your right to benefits. We will move forward with an appeal as well as represent you in front of an administrative law judge (ALJ) if a hearing is required. Finally, if all else fails, we will file a lawsuit on your behalf to secure the benefits to which you are entitled.
Our Social Security lawyers in Knox County, IL, take the time to listen to you so that we have an intimate understanding of your disability and situation. This allows us to explain your circumstances to the Social Security Administration better than anyone else. Allow us to help make the process as simple as possible so that you can achieve financial independence.
Am I Eligible for Social Security Benefits?
You are eligible for Social Security benefits if you have a condition that is considered a “disability,” defined by the Social Security Administration as the inability to do the work you did before because of physical or mental impairment that is expected to last longer than 12 months. Under a case review by the SSA, they will determine if you can adjust to other work or not. If you are deemed unable to work and gain assets on your own, then you become eligible for Social Security benefits.
However, there is a difference between which program you might be eligible for, and it all has to do with your background. For example, Social Security Disability eligibility is based on whether or not you have a history of making contributions to the Social Security trust fund and, therefore, have built up “credits.” On the other hand, Supplemental Security Income can be available to people who have not earned enough credits but do still qualify in terms of their age, disability, and limited amount of resources. Learn more about the eligibility requirements for these two programs below:
Social Security Disability Eligibility:
- Work credits – These credits are earned through you or your family’s wages and income over the years. Because of contributions you’ve made through FICA payroll taxes, you’re thus considered “insured.” In most cases, you’ll need 40 credits to be eligible for SSD, but you may be able to qualify with fewer credits if you are younger.
Eligibility for Supplemental Security Income:
- Disability (any age) OR blindness (any age) OR age (65+)
- Limited/no income – As this program is largely needs-based and funded by general fund taxes (not from the Social Security trust fund), a person with an income of less than $2,000 in assets OR a couple with an income of less than $3,000 may be able to qualify for benefits.
Based on your situation, you may qualify for both federal programs. Seek guidance from our Social Security lawyers in Knox County, IL, to see which option best meets your needs. Once we determine which program will give you the maximum benefit, we will handle all aspects of the application for you. Contact us to get started.
Denied Social Security? How an SSD Lawyer at Drummond Law Can Help
If your claim for benefits has been denied, you are not alone. For instance, thousands of people across the United States are denied every year for any number of reasons. Only 35% of applications are approved the first time around, which means a vast majority of individuals must find a way to get the benefits they need.
If you’re one of the thousands of people denied SSD or SSI, it is not too late to get an experienced Social Security lawyer to fight on your behalf—but you cannot delay any longer. The SSA only allows a short window of time for someone to appeal the denial. The worst mistake you can make is missing this deadline.
Once our attorneys step in, we will work with you to craft a compelling case that will be presented at a hearing or in front of an Appeals Council. At Drummond Law, we have a firm belief that you should not have to face this intimidating meeting alone. We are there right next to you and can help you clearly and effectively convey the the disability difficulties you face in a way that will convince a judge. Having Social Security lawyers on your side, such as those at Drummond Law, will increase your chances of getting what you need in an appeal.
Get in Touch With Our Social Security Lawyers in Knox County, IL | Contact Drummond Law
Our Social Security lawyers can take on any challenge, including completing the SSI or SSD application for you, requesting and analyzing medical documentation, appealing a denial, fighting for your rights at a hearing, and even appealing your case in front of a Federal Court, if necessary.
We passionately believe that hardworking people deserve maximum benefits after a disability. Since 1976, Drummond Law has been helping people across Missouri and Illinois receive the benefits they need to support themselves and their families. To speak with our Social Security lawyers in Knox County, IL, please contact us or call 844-706-7710.