SSD and SSI Lawyers
Social Security Lawyers in Nilwood, IL
Social Security lawyers in Nilwood, IL. No one should ever worry about how they are going to live comfortably if they are unable to earn a living due to a disability. Being the most vulnerable members of our society, the elderly and disabled deserve to be treated with the same level of respect and empathy as everyone else. At Drummond Law, we care deeply about these individuals and want to help.
If you or a loved one are disabled, 65+ years old, or blind in addition to having limited resources to sufficiently support yourself, Drummond Law wants to help you get the Social Security benefits you need to live comfortably. We are familiar with all the laws, regulations, and rules associated with the two most common types of benefit programs:
- Social Security Disability Insurance | SSD Lawyers
- Supplemental Security Income | SSI Lawyers
Our Social Security attorneys will guide you through every aspect of your claim from beginning to end. To file for Social Security, appeal a denial, or any other issues in seeking the benefits you deserve, speak with our Social Security lawyers in Nilwood, IL, now. Feel free to contact us or call 844-706-7710 for a free case evaluation.
Filing for Benefits With the Help of Social Security Lawyers in Nilwood, IL
No matter what type of assistance you require, having to file for the Social Security program can be confusing and complicated. Many people don’t get a lawyer involved until it’s too late and the claim was denied.
If you’re disabled and have to pay for a variety of essential expenses, you must seek help from a Social Security lawyer so that you start receiving assistance without any delay. When you get us involved from the beginning, you can make sure the claim moves forward without any issues, avoiding a denial and subsequently long appeals process.
Advantages to getting a Social Security lawyer involved as soon as possible:
- Everything is handled for you – The first thing we do is determine which program you are most qualified for and how we can fill out the paperwork to position you for the best chance of approval the first time around. We’ll take care of every facet of the application process, such as submitting all documentation and medical records to the correct parties. Meanwhile, you can have peace of mind knowing that an advocate is on your side.
- Extensive experience – The Social Security attorneys at Drummond Law have helped disabled individuals since the year 1976. In this time, we’ve cultivated a comprehensive grasp on the nuances of the Social Security Administration (SSA) and can communicate with them on your behalf. We can also interpret the complex language of the paperwork and relay it back to you so that you understand everything you need to know about your claim.
- The fine details – Evidence is key to proving your need for benefits to the SSA. This includes consulting with employers and medical professionals on your behalf to submit the most compelling evidence on your situation.
- Protecting your rights at every turn – If your claim is denied for any reason, we become ardent defenders of your rights. We’ll move forward with an appeal and represent you before an administrative law judge (ALJ) if a hearing is required. In some cases, a lawsuit may be called for in order to get the benefits you need. We’ll take care of filing one on your behalf.
Our Social Security lawyers in Nilwood, IL, take the time to listen to you so that we have an intimate understanding of your disability and situation. In turn, we will be able to accurately illustrate your situation to the SSA better than the competition. We want to make the process as easy as possible so you can move on with your life and onto financial independence.
Eligibility For SSI and SSD Benefits
You may qualify for SSI or SSD benefits if you have a condition that is considered a “disability,” defined by the SSA as the inability to perform work because of mental or physical impairment that is expected to last longer than a year. Under a case review by the SSA, they will determine if you can adjust to other work or not. If they deem you unable to continue work in some capacity, then you are entitled to benefits.
There are different eligibility requirements between the two most common federal programs though. For example, Social Security Disability eligibility is dependent upon if you’ve made contributions to the Social Security trust fund, thereby, building up “credits.” On the other hand, Supplemental Security Income can be available to people who have not earned enough credits but do still qualify in terms of their age, disability, and limited amount of resources. Get more details on the eligibility for these federal programs below:
Eligibility for Social Security Disability:
- Work credits – These credits are based on you or your family’s wages and income over the years. Because of contributions you’ve made through FICA payroll taxes, you’re thus considered “insured.” In most cases, you’ll need 40 credits to be eligible for SSD, but you may be able to qualify with fewer credits if you are younger.
- Disability (any age) OR blindness (any age) OR age (65+)
- Limited/no income – Because these benefits are generally needs-based as well as taken from general fund taxes—not from the Social Security trust fund—an individual with an income less than $2,000 may qualify. It is $3,000 if it is a couple.
Based on your situation, you may qualify for both federal programs. Seek guidance from our Social Security lawyers in Nilwood, IL, to see which is the best option for you. Once we determine which program will give you the maximum benefit, we will handle all aspects of the application for you. Contact us to get started.
Denied Social Security? How an SSD Lawyer at Drummond Law Can Help
The SSA has significant discretion in determining whether or not to award benefits to vulnerable individuals, and they often use that discretion liberally. For instance, thousands of people across the U.S. are denied every year for a number of reasons. Only 35% of applications are approved for first-time applicants, which means a vast majority of individuals are left scrambling to get the support they so desperately need.
If you are one of the thousands of people denied SSD or SSI, it is never too late to get an experienced Social Security lawyer to fight on your behalf—but you shouldn’t wait. The SSA only allows a short window of time for someone to appeal the denial. The worst mistake you can make is missing this deadline.
Once we step in, we build a compelling argument to be presented in front of an Appeals Council or at your hearing. Our firm believes that you should never face the SSA alone. We stand right beside you and can help you effectively and clearly convey the the disability difficulties you face in a way that will convince a judge. Having Social Security lawyers on your side, such as those at Drummond Law, will increase your chances of getting what you need in an appeal.
Get in Touch With Our Social Security Lawyers in Nilwood, IL | Contact Drummond Law
Our Social Security lawyers can take on any challenge, including completing the SSD or SSI application for you, finding and submitting medical records, appealing a denial, fighting for benefits at a hearing, and even arguing on your behalf in Federal Court if it comes to that.
We passionately believe that hardworking people deserve maximum benefits after a disability. In over 10,000 cases won since 1976, Drummond Law has been helping people across Illinois and Missouri receive the benefits they need to support themselves and their families. To speak with our Social Security lawyers in Nilwood, IL, please contact us or call 844-706-7710.