SSD and SSI Lawyers
Social Security Lawyers in Pike County, MO
Social Security lawyers in Pike County, MO. No one should ever worry about how they are going to live comfortably if they are unable to earn a living due to a disability. Being the most vulnerable members of our society, the disabled and elderly have a right to be treated with as much respect and empathy as anyone else. At Drummond Law, we recognize these individuals and want to help.
If you or a loved one are 65+ years old, disabled, or blind in addition to having limited or no income to sufficiently support yourself, Drummond Law can help you get the Social Security assistance you need to live with peace of mind. We know all the rules, laws, and regulations within the two most common types of benefit programs:
- Social Security Disability Insurance | SSD Lawyers
- Supplemental Security Income | SSI Lawyers
Our Social Security attorneys can walk you through every step of the process from beginning to end. To file for Social Security, appeal a denial, or any other issues in seeking the benefits you deserve, speak with our Social Security lawyers in Pike County, MO, now. Do not hesitate to contact us or call 844-706-7710 for a free case evaluation.
Filing for Benefits With the Help of Social Security Lawyers in Pike County, MO
Whatever type of assistance you need, filing for the Social Security program can be confusing and complicated. Many people do not get a lawyer involved until it is too late and the claim is denied.
If you are disabled and have to pay for a variety of essential expenses, you must seek help from a Social Security lawyer so that you start receiving assistance without any delay. When we’re involved from the start, you guarantee the claim moves forward without any complications, avoiding a potentially long denial and appeals process.
Benefits of having a Social Security lawyer involved from the start:
- We handle everything for you – The first thing we do is determine which program you are most qualified for and how to best fill out the paperwork so that you get approved the first time around. We’ll take care of every facet of the application process, such as submitting all documentation and medical records to the correct parties. In turn, you can rest easy knowing you have an advocate looking out for your best interests at every turn.
- Extensive experience – Our Social Security attorneys have been helping people get the benefits they need since 1976. Within this time, we have gained a complete grasp on the nuances of the Social Security Administration (SSA) and can handle all communication with them. We can also interpret the complex language of the paperwork and relay it back to you so that you understand everything you need to know about your claim.
- Eye for details – Evidence is key to proving your need for benefits to the SSA. This includes consulting with employers and medical professionals on your behalf to submit the most compelling evidence on your condition.
- Protection of your rights – If your claim is denied for any reason, we become ardent defenders of your rights. We will move forward with an appeal as well as represent you before an administrative law judge (ALJ) if a hearing is required. Finally, if all else fails, we will file a lawsuit on your behalf to secure the benefits to which you are entitled.
Our Social Security lawyers in Pike County, MO, take the time to listen to you so that we have an intimate understanding of your disability and situation. This allows us to explain your circumstances to the Social Security Administration better than anyone else. We want to make the process as easy as possible so you can move on with your life and onto financial independence.
Eligibility For SSI and SSD Benefits
You may qualify for SSI or SSD benefits if you suffer from a medical condition that is considered a “disability,” defined by the Social Security Administration as the inability to perform work because of physical or mental impairment that is expected to last longer than a year. During a case review by the SSA, they will determine whether or not you are able to adjust to other work as a result of the condition. If they deem you unable to continue work in some capacity, then you are entitled to benefits.
However, there is a difference between which program you might be eligible for, and it all has to do with your background. For example, Social Security Disability eligibility is based on whether or not you have a history of making contributions to the Social Security trust fund and, therefore, have built up “credits.” On the other hand, Supplemental Security Income can be available to people who have not earned enough credits but do still qualify in terms of their age, disability, and limited amount of resources. Get more details on the eligibility for these federal programs below:
Eligibility for Social Security Disability:
- Work credits – These credits are based on you or your family’s wages and income over a number of years. You are considered “insured” because of contributions made to the Social Security trust fund in the form of FICA payroll taxes. In most cases, you’ll need 40 credits to be eligible for SSD, but you may be able to qualify with fewer credits if you are younger.
- Disability (any age) OR blindness (any age) OR age (65+)
- Limited/no income – Because these benefits are generally needs-based as well as taken from general fund taxes—not from the Social Security trust fund—a person with an income of less than $2,000 in assets OR a couple with an income of less than $3,000 may be able to qualify for benefits.
You may be eligible for both programs at the same time, which is why you need the help of our Social Security lawyers in Pike County, MO, to see which option best meets your needs. Once we determine which program will give you the maximum benefit, we will handle all aspects of the application for you. Contact us to get started.
Social Security Claim Denied: How an SSD Lawyer Can Help
The SSA has significant discretion in determining whether or not to award benefits to vulnerable individuals, and they often use that discretion liberally. For instance, thousands of people nationwide are denied every year for a number of reasons. Only 35% of applications are approved the first time around, which means a vast majority of people are left scrambling to get the support they so desperately need.
If you are one of the thousands of people denied SSD or SSI, it is not too late to seek the help of a Social Security lawyer to fight for what you need—but you cannot delay any longer. The SSA only allows a short window of time for someone to appeal the denial. The worst mistake you can make is missing this deadline.
Once we step in, we will work with you to craft a compelling case that will be presented at a hearing or in front of an Appeals Council. At Drummond Law, we have a firm belief that you should never face the SSA alone. We stand right beside you and can help you effectively and clearly convey the the disability difficulties you face in a way that will convince a judge. Having Social Security lawyers on your side, such as those at Drummond Law, will increase your chances of getting what you need in an appeal.
Hire Our Social Security Lawyers in Pike County, MO | Contact Drummond Law
Our Social Security lawyers can take on any challenge, including filling out the SSD or SSI application for you, finding and submitting medical records, appealing a denial, fighting for your rights at a hearing, and even arguing on your behalf in Federal Court if it comes to that.
We believe that hardworking individuals who have fallen victim to a disability are entitled to maximum benefits. Since 1976, Drummond Law has been helping people across Missouri and Illinois receive the benefits they need to support themselves and their families. To speak with our Social Security lawyers in Pike County, MO, feel free to contact us or call 844-706-7710.