SSD and SSI Lawyers
Social Security Lawyers in Graves County, KY
Social Security lawyers in Graves County, KY. No one should be in a position where they have to worry about how they are going to survive without the ability to earn a living. As some of the most vulnerable people in our community, the disabled and elderly have a right to be treated with the same level of empathy and respect as anyone else. At Drummond Law, we recognize these individuals and want to help.
If you or a loved one are 65+ years old, disabled, or blind in addition to having limited assets to adequately support yourself, Drummond Law can help you get the Social Security assistance you need to live with peace of mind. We know all the laws, regulations, and rules within the two most common federal programs:
Our Social Security attorneys can guide you through every aspect of your claim from beginning to end. To file for Social Security, appeal a denial, or any other issues in seeking the benefits you deserve, talk to our Social Security lawyers in Graves County, KY, now. Feel free to contact us or call 800-842-0426 for a free case review.
Filing for Benefits With the Help of Social Security Lawyers in Graves County, KY
Whatever type of assistance you need, having to file for the Social Security program is a confusing and complicated process. Many people don’t get a lawyer involved until it’s too late and their claim was denied.
If you are disabled and need to pay your bills, you must seek help from a Social Security lawyer so that you start receiving assistance without any delay. When you get us involved from the beginning, you guarantee your claim moves forward without any issues, avoiding a potentially long denial and appeals process.
Benefits of having a Social Security lawyer involved from the start:
- We handle everything for you – Our first step is to help you determine which program you qualify for and how we can fill out the paperwork to position you for the best chance of approval the first time around. We’ll take care of every facet of the application process, such as submitting all documentation and medical records to the correct parties. In turn, you can rest easy knowing you have an advocate looking out for your best interests at every turn.
- Years of experience – Our Social Security attorneys have been helping people get the benefits they need since 1976. Within this time, we have cultivated a detailed grasp on the nuances of the Social Security Administration (SSA) and can communicate with them on your behalf. We can also interpret the complex language of the paperwork and relay it back to you so that you understand everything you need to know about your claim.
- Eye for details – Evidence is key to proving your need for benefits to the SSA. This includes consultation with employers and medical professionals on your behalf to submit the most compelling evidence on your situation.
- Protecting your rights at every turn – If your request for benefits is denied, we become staunch defenders of your right to benefits. We’ll file an appeal on your behalf and represent you before an administrative law judge (ALJ) if a hearing is required. Finally, if all else fails, we will file a lawsuit on your behalf to secure the benefits to which you are entitled.
Our Social Security lawyers in Graves County, KY, listen to you. We want to develop an intimate knowledge of your situation and disability. This allows us to explain your circumstances to the Social Security Administration better than the competition. Allow us to help make the process as simple as possible so that you can achieve financial independence.
Am I Eligible for Social Security Benefits?
You are eligible for Social Security benefits if you suffer from a medical condition that is considered a “disability,” defined by the SSA as the inability to perform work because of mental or physical impairment that is expected to last longer than a year. During a case review by the SSA, they can determine if you can adjust to other work or not. If they deem you unable to continue work in some capacity, then you are entitled to benefits.
There are different eligibility requirements between the two most common federal programs though. For example, Social Security Disability eligibility is based on whether or not you have a history of making contributions to the Social Security trust fund and, therefore, have built up “credits.” On the other hand, Supplemental Security Income can be available to people who have not earned enough credits but do still qualify in terms of their age, disability, and limited amount of resources. Learn more about the eligibility requirements for these two programs below:
Eligibility for Social Security Disability:
- Built-up work credits – These credits are based on you or your family’s wages and income over the years. You are considered “insured” because of contributions made to the Social Security trust fund in the form of FICA payroll taxes. In most cases, you’ll need 40 credits to be eligible for SSD, but you may be able to qualify with fewer credits if you are younger.
Eligibility for Supplemental Security Income:
- Disability (any age) OR age (65+) OR blindness (any age)
- Limited/no income – As this program is largely needs-based and funded by general fund taxes (not from the Social Security trust fund), an individual with an income less than $2,000 may qualify. It is $3,000 if it is a couple.
You may be eligible for both programs at the same time, which is why you need the help of our Social Security lawyers in Graves County, KY, to see which option best meets your needs. Whichever program gives you the maximum benefits, we will handle all aspects of the application for you. Contact us to get started.
Social Security Claim Denied: How an SSD Lawyer Can Help
If you have been denied benefits by the SSA, do not worry because you’re not alone. For example, thousands of people across the United States are denied every year for a number of reasons. Only 35% of applications are approved for first-time applicants, which means a vast majority of individuals must find a way to get the benefits they need.
If you’re one of the thousands of people denied SSD or SSI, it is not too late to seek the help of a Social Security lawyer to fight for what you need—but you cannot delay any longer. There is only a short period of time in which the Social Security Administration allows for appeals, and the worst mistake people make is filing too late or failing to file at all.
Once our attorneys step in, we will work with you to craft a compelling case that will be presented at a hearing or in front of an Appeals Council. Our firm believes that you should never face the SSA alone. We stand right beside you and can help you effectively and clearly convey the the disability difficulties you face in a way that will convince a judge. Having Social Security lawyers on your side, such as those at Drummond Law, will increase your chances of getting what you need in an appeal.
Get in Touch With Our Social Security Lawyers in Graves County, KY | Contact Drummond Law
Our Social Security lawyers can take on any challenge, including filling out the SSI or SSD application for you, finding and submitting medical records, appealing a denial, fighting for your rights at a hearing, and even arguing on your behalf in Federal Court if it comes to that.
We believe that hardworking individuals who have fallen victim to a disability are entitled to maximum benefits. Since 1976, Drummond Law has been helping people across Missouri and Illinois receive the benefits they need to support themselves and their families. To speak with our Social Security lawyers in Graves County, KY, feel free to contact us or call 800-842-0426.