SSD and SSI Lawyers
Social Security Lawyers in Decatur, IL
Social Security lawyers in Decatur, IL. No one should be in a position where they have to worry about how they are going to survive without the ability to earn a living. Being the most vulnerable members of our society, the disabled and elderly have a right to be treated with the same level of respect and empathy as anyone else. At Drummond Law, we care deeply about these individuals and have a passion to help.
If you or a loved one are disabled, 65+ years old, or blind in addition to having limited resources to adequately support yourself, Drummond Law wants to help you get the Social Security assistance you need to live comfortably. We know all the laws, regulations, and rules within the two most common federal programs:
Our Social Security attorneys will walk you through every step of the process from beginning to end. To file for Social Security, appeal a denial, or any other issues in seeking the benefits you deserve, talk to our Social Security lawyers in Decatur, IL, now. Feel free to contact us or call 800-842-0426 for a free case evaluation.
Filing for Benefits With the Help of Social Security Lawyers in Decatur, IL
Whatever type of assistance you need, having to file for Social Security benefits can be complicated and confusing. In too many cases, people don’t get a lawyer involved until it is too late and their claim is denied.
If you are disabled and have to pay for a variety of essential expenses, you must seek help from a Social Security lawyer so that you start receiving assistance without any delay. When we’re involved from the start, you can ensure the claim moves forward without any complications, avoiding a potentially long denial and appeals process.
Benefits of having a Social Security lawyer involved from the start:
- Everything is handled for you – The first thing we do is determine which program you are most qualified for and how we can fill out the paperwork to position you for the best chance of approval the first time around. We will handle every step in the process for you, such as submitting all medical records and other documentation to the correct parties. In turn, you can rest easy knowing you have an advocate looking out for your best interests at every turn.
- Extensive experience – Our Social Security attorneys have been helping people get the benefits they need since 1976. In this time, we have gained a comprehensive grasp on the nuances of the Social Security Administration (SSA) and can communicate with them on your behalf. We can also interpret the complex language of the paperwork and relay it back to you so that you understand everything you need to know about your claim.
- Eye for details – Evidence is key to proving your need for benefits to the SSA. This includes consultation with employers and medical professionals on your behalf to submit the most compelling evidence on your situation.
- Protecting your rights at every turn – If your request for benefits is denied, we become staunch defenders of your right to benefits. We’ll move forward with an appeal as well as represent you before an administrative law judge (ALJ) if a hearing is required. Finally, if all else fails, we will file a lawsuit on your behalf to secure the benefits to which you are entitled.
Our Social Security lawyers in Decatur, IL, take the time to listen to you so that we have an intimate understanding of your disability and situation. This allows us to explain your circumstances to the SSA better than anyone else. Allow us to help make the process as simple as possible so that you can achieve financial independence.
Eligibility For SSI and SSD Benefits
You may qualify for Social Security benefits if you have a condition that’s considered a “disability,” defined by the SSA as the inability to perform work because of mental or physical impairment that is expected to last longer than 12 months. During a case review by the SSA, they will determine whether or not you are able to adjust to other work as a result of the condition. If you are deemed unable to work and gain assets on your own, then you become eligible for Social Security benefits.
There are different eligibility requirements between the two most common federal programs though. For example, Social Security Disability eligibility is based on whether or not you have a history of making contributions to the Social Security trust fund and, therefore, have built up “credits.” On the other hand, Supplemental Security Income can be available to people who have not earned enough credits but do still qualify in terms of their age, disability, and limited amount of resources. Learn more about the eligibility requirements for these two programs below:
Eligibility for Social Security Disability:
- Work credits – These credits are earned through you or your family’s wages and income over the years. Because of contributions you’ve made through FICA payroll taxes, you’re thus considered “insured.” In most cases, you’ll need 40 credits to be eligible for SSD, but you may be able to qualify with fewer credits if you are younger.
Eligibility for Supplemental Security Income:
- Disability (any age) OR blindness (any age) OR age (65+)
- Limited/no income – Because these benefits are generally needs-based as well as taken from general fund taxes—not from the Social Security trust fund—a person with an income of less than $2,000 in assets OR a couple with an income of less than $3,000 may be able to qualify for benefits.
You may be eligible for both programs at the same time, which is why you need the help of our Social Security lawyers in Decatur, IL, to see which option best meets your needs. Once we determine which program will give you the maximum benefit, we will handle all aspects of the application for you. Contact us to get started.
Denied Social Security? How an SSD Lawyer at Drummond Law Can Help
If your claim for benefits has been denied, you are not alone. For instance, thousands of people nationwide are denied every year for a number of reasons. Only 35% of applications are approved for first-time applicants, which means a vast majority of individuals must find a way to get the benefits they need.
If you’re one of the thousands of people denied SSI or SSD, it’s never too late to get an experienced Social Security lawyer to fight on your behalf—but you shouldn’t wait. The SSA only allows a short window of time for someone to appeal the denial. The worst mistake you can make is missing this deadline.
Once our attorneys step in, we build a compelling argument to be presented in front of an Appeals Council or at your hearing. At Drummond Law, we have a firm belief that you should never face the SSA alone. We stand right beside you and can help you clearly and effectively convey the the disability difficulties you face in a way that will convince a judge. Having Social Security lawyers on your side, such as those at Drummond Law, will increase your chances of getting what you need in an appeal.
Hire Our Social Security Lawyers in Decatur, IL | Contact Drummond Law
Our Social Security lawyers can take on any challenge, including completing the SSI or SSD application for you, requesting and analyzing medical records, appealing a denial, fighting for benefits at a hearing, and even arguing on your behalf in Federal Court if it comes to that.
We believe that hardworking individuals who have fallen victim to a disability are entitled to maximum benefits. In over 10,000 cases won since 1976, Drummond Law has been helping people across Missouri and Illinois receive the benefits they need to support themselves and their families. To speak with our Social Security lawyers in Decatur, IL, please contact us or call 800-842-0426.