SSD and SSI Lawyers
Social Security Lawyers in Morrisville, IL
Social Security lawyers in Morrisville, IL. No one should be in a position where they have to worry about how they are going to survive without the ability to earn a living. As some of the most vulnerable people in our community, the elderly and disabled have a right to be treated with the same level of empathy and respect as everyone else. At Drummond Law, we recognize these individuals and have a passion to help.
If you or a loved one are disabled, 65+ years old, or blind in addition to having limited resources to adequately support yourself, Drummond Law can help you get the Social Security benefits you need to live with peace of mind. We are familiar with all the laws, regulations, and rules within the two most common types of benefit programs:
Our Social Security attorneys can walk you through every aspect of your claim from beginning to end. For help filing for Social Security, appealing a denial, or any other issues regarding your right to seek benefits, speak with our Social Security lawyers in Morrisville, IL, now. Do not hesitate to contact us or call 844-706-7710 for a free case review.
Filing for Benefits With the Help of Social Security Lawyers in Morrisville, IL
Whatever type of assistance you need, filing for Social Security benefits can be confusing and complicated. Many people do not get a lawyer involved until it is too late and the claim has been denied.
If you’re disabled and need to pay your bills, you simply cannot delay receiving benefits. A Social Security Lawyer can speed up the process. When you get us involved from the beginning, you guarantee your claim develops without any complications, avoiding a denial and subsequently long appeals process.
Benefits of having a Social Security lawyer involved from the start:
- Everything is handled for you – Our first step is to help you determine which program you qualify for and how we can fill out the paperwork to position you for the best chance of approval the first time around. We’ll take care of every facet of the application process, such as submitting all documentation and medical records to the correct parties. Meanwhile, you can have peace of mind knowing that an advocate is on your side.
- Extensive experience – The Social Security attorneys at Drummond Law have helped disabled individuals since the year 1976. In this time, we have cultivated a detailed grasp on the nuances of the Social Security Administration (SSA) and can handle all communication with them. One important aspect is also being able to translate the complex language of the documents and tell you the info pertinent to your claim.
- Eye for details – Evidence is key to proving your need for benefits to the SSA. This includes consultation with employers and medical professionals on your behalf in order to gather pertinent information on your condition.
- Protecting your rights at every turn – If your claim is denied for any reason, we become ardent defenders of your rights. We will file an appeal on your behalf and represent you in front of an administrative law judge (ALJ) should your case require a hearing. In some cases, a lawsuit may be called for in order to get the benefits you need. We’ll take care of filing one on your behalf.
Our Social Security lawyers in Morrisville, IL, take the time to listen to you so that we have an intimate understanding of your disability and situation. In turn, we will be able to accurately illustrate your situation to the SSA better than anyone else. Allow us to help make the process as simple as possible so that you can achieve financial independence.
Eligibility For SSI and SSD Benefits
You are eligible for Social Security benefits if you have a condition that is considered a “disability,” defined by the SSA as the inability to perform work because of mental or physical impairment that’s expected to last longer than 12 months. During a case review by the SSA, they will determine if you can adjust to other work or not. If they deem you unable to continue work in some capacity, then you are entitled to benefits.
There are different eligibility requirements between the two most common federal programs though. For example, Social Security Disability eligibility is based on whether or not you have a history of making contributions to the Social Security trust fund and, therefore, have built up “credits.” If you haven’t earned enough of these credits, then you may still be eligible for Supplemental Security Income, which is based on disability, age, and limited income. Learn more about the eligibility requirements for these two programs below:
Social Security Disability Eligibility:
- Work credits – These credits are based on you or your family’s wages and income over a number of years. Because of contributions you’ve made through FICA payroll taxes, you’re thus considered “insured.” In many cases, you need 40 credits in order to qualify for SSDI benefits, but some disabled younger people may still be able to qualify with fewer credits.
Eligibility for Supplemental Security Income:
- Disability (any age) OR blindness (any age) OR age (65+)
- Limited/no income – As this program is largely needs-based and funded by general fund taxes (not from the Social Security trust fund), a person with an income of less than $2,000 in assets OR a couple with an income of less than $3,000 may be able to qualify for benefits.
You may be eligible for both programs at the same time, which is why you need the help of our Social Security lawyers in Morrisville, IL, to see which is the best option for you. Once we determine which program will give you the maximum benefit, we can work with you through every step of the appropriate application process. Contact us to get started.
Social Security Claim Denied: How an SSD Lawyer Can Help
If you have been denied benefits by the SSA, do not worry because you’re not alone. For instance, thousands of people across the U.S. are denied every year for any number of reasons. Only 35% of applications are approved the first time around, which means a vast majority of people are left scrambling to get the support they so desperately need.
If you are one of the thousands of people denied SSI or SSD, it is never too late to get an experienced Social Security lawyer to fight on your behalf—but you shouldn’t wait. There is only a short period of time in which the Social Security Administration allows for appeals, and the worst mistake people make is filing too late or failing to file at all.
Once we step in, we will work with you to craft a compelling case that will be presented at a hearing or in front of an Appeals Council. Our firm believes that you should never face the SSA alone. We stand right beside you and can help you effectively and clearly convey the the full extent of your disability in a way that will convince a judge. Having Social Security lawyers on your side, such as those at Drummond Law, will increase your chances of getting what you need in an appeal.
Hire Our Social Security Lawyers in Morrisville, IL | Contact Drummond Law
Our Social Security lawyers can take on any challenge, including completing the SSI or SSD application for you, finding and submitting medical records, appealing a denial, fighting for your rights at a hearing, and even appealing your case in front of a Federal Court, if necessary.
We passionately believe that hardworking people deserve maximum benefits after a disability. Since 1976, Drummond Law has been helping people across Missouri and Illinois receive the benefits they need to support themselves and their families. To speak with our Social Security lawyers in Morrisville, IL, feel free to contact us or call 844-706-7710.