SSD and SSI Lawyers
Social Security Lawyers in Divernon, IL
Social Security lawyers in Divernon, IL. No one should be in a position where they have to worry about how they are going to survive without the ability to earn a living. Being the most vulnerable members of our society, the elderly and disabled deserve to be treated with the same level of empathy and respect as everyone else. At Drummond Law, we care deeply about these individuals and have a passion to help.
If you or a loved one are disabled, 65+ years old, or blind in addition to having limited assets to adequately support yourself, Drummond Law can help you get the Social Security assistance you need to live comfortably. We are familiar with all the laws, regulations, and rules associated with the two most common federal programs:
Our Social Security attorneys can walk you through every step of the process from beginning to end. To file for Social Security, appeal a denial, or any other issues in seeking the benefits you deserve, talk to our Social Security lawyers in Divernon, IL, now. Do not hesitate to contact us or call 800-842-0426 for a free case review.
Filing for Benefits With the Help of Social Security Lawyers in Divernon, IL
Whatever type of assistance you need, having to file for the Social Security program can be confusing and complicated. Many people don’t get an attorney involved until it’s too late and the claim has been denied.
If you are disabled and need to pay your bills, you must seek help from a Social Security lawyer so that you start receiving assistance without any delay. When we’re involved from the start, you can ensure the claim moves forward without any complications, avoiding a potentially long denial and appeals process.
Benefits of having a Social Security lawyer involved from the start:
- We handle everything for you – Our first step is to help you determine which program you qualify for and how to best fill out the paperwork so that you get approved the first time around. We’ll take care of every facet of the application process, such as submitting all documentation and medical records to the appropriate parties. In turn, you can rest easy knowing you have an advocate looking out for your best interests at every turn.
- Years of experience – Our Social Security attorneys have been helping people get the benefits they need since 1976. Within this time, we have cultivated a detailed understanding of the nuances of the Social Security Administration (SSA) and can communicate with them on your behalf. One important aspect is also being able to translate the complex language of the documents and tell you the info pertinent to your claim.
- Eye for details – Evidence is key to proving your need for benefits to the SSA. This includes consulting with medical professionals and employers on your behalf to submit the most compelling evidence on your condition.
- Protection of your rights – If your request for benefits is denied, we become staunch defenders of your right to benefits. We’ll move forward with an appeal as well as represent you before an administrative law judge (ALJ) if a hearing is required. Finally, if all else fails, we will file a lawsuit on your behalf to secure the benefits to which you are entitled.
Our Social Security lawyers in Divernon, IL, take the time to listen to you so that we have an intimate understanding of your disability and situation. In turn, we will be able to accurately illustrate your situation to the Social Security Administration better than the competition. We want to make the process as easy as possible so you can move on with your life and onto financial independence.
Am I Eligible for Social Security Benefits?
You may qualify for Social Security benefits if you have a condition that is considered a “disability,” defined by the SSA as the inability to do the work you did before because of mental or physical impairment that is expected to last longer than a year. During a case review by the SSA, they can determine whether or not you are able to adjust to other work as a result of the condition. If you are deemed unable to work and gain assets on your own, then you become eligible for Social Security benefits.
There are different eligibility requirements between the two most common federal programs though. For example, Social Security Disability eligibility is dependent upon if you’ve made contributions to the Social Security trust fund, thereby, building up “credits.” On the other hand, Supplemental Security Income can be available to people who have not earned enough credits but do still qualify in terms of their age, disability, and limited amount of resources. Get more details on the eligibility for these federal programs below:
Eligibility for Social Security Disability:
- Work credits – These credits are earned through you or your family’s wages and income over a number of years. Because of contributions you’ve made through FICA payroll taxes, you’re thus considered “insured.” In many cases, you need 40 credits in order to qualify for SSDI benefits, but some disabled younger people may still be able to qualify with fewer credits.
- Disability (any age) OR age (65+) OR blindness (any age)
- Limited/no income – As this program is largely needs-based and funded by general fund taxes (not from the Social Security trust fund), an individual with an income less than $2,000 may qualify. It is $3,000 if it is a couple.
Based on your situation, you may qualify for both federal programs. Seek guidance from our Social Security lawyers in Divernon, IL, to see which option best meets your needs. Once we determine which program will give you the maximum benefit, we can work with you through every step of the appropriate application process. Contact us to get started.
Denied Social Security? How an SSD Lawyer at Drummond Law Can Help
If your claim for benefits has been denied, you are not alone. For instance, thousands of people nationwide are denied every year for any number of reasons. Only 35% of applications are approved the first time around, which means a vast majority of people are left scrambling to get the support they so desperately need.
If you are one of the thousands of people denied SSI or SSD, it’s not too late to seek the help of a Social Security lawyer to fight for what you need—but you shouldn’t wait. There is only a short period of time in which the Social Security Administration allows for appeals, and the worst mistake people make is filing too late or failing to file at all.
Once we step in, we build a compelling argument to be presented in front of an Appeals Council or at your hearing. Our firm believes that you should never face the SSA alone. We stand right beside you and can help you clearly and effectively convey the the full extent of your disability in a way that will convince a judge. Having Social Security lawyers on your side, such as those at Drummond Law, dramatically increases your chances of approval following an appeal.
Hire Our Social Security Lawyers in Divernon, IL | Contact Drummond Law
Our Social Security lawyers can take on any challenge, including completing the SSI or SSD application for you, finding and submitting medical documentation, appealing a denial, fighting for benefits at a hearing, and even appealing your case in front of a Federal Court, if necessary.
We believe that hardworking individuals who have fallen victim to a disability are entitled to maximum benefits. In over 10,000 cases won since 1976, Drummond Law has been helping people across Illinois and Missouri receive the benefits they need to support themselves and their families. To speak with our Social Security lawyers in Divernon, IL, feel free to contact us or call 800-842-0426.