SSD and SSI Lawyers
Social Security Lawyers in McCracken County, KY
Social Security lawyers in McCracken County, KY. No one should ever worry about how they are going to live comfortably if they are unable to earn a living due to a disability. As some of the most vulnerable people in our community, the disabled and elderly deserve to be treated with the same level of respect and empathy as everyone else. At Drummond Law, we care deeply about these individuals and want to help.
If you or a loved one are disabled, 65+ years old, or blind in addition to having limited resources to sufficiently support yourself, Drummond Law wants to help you get the Social Security assistance you require in order to live comfortably. We are familiar with all the laws, regulations, and rules associated with the two most common federal programs:
Our Social Security attorneys can walk you through every step of the process from beginning to end. For help filing for Social Security, appealing a denial, or any other issues regarding your right to seek benefits, talk to our Social Security lawyers in McCracken County, KY, now. Do not hesitate to contact us or call 800-842-0426 for a free case evaluation.
How to File for Benefits With the Help of Our Social Security Lawyers in McCracken County, KY
Whatever type of assistance you need, having to file for Social Security benefits can be confusing and complicated. Many people don’t get a lawyer involved until it is too late and their claim was denied.
If you are disabled and have to pay for a variety of essential expenses, you must seek help from a Social Security lawyer so that you start receiving assistance without any delay. When we’re involved from the start, you can ensure your claim moves forward without any issues, avoiding a potentially long denial and appeals process.
Advantages to getting a Social Security lawyer involved as soon as possible:
- We handle everything for you – The first thing we do is determine which program you are most qualified for and how we can fill out the paperwork to position you for the best chance of approval the first time around. We’ll take care of every facet of the application process, such as submitting all medical records and other documentation to the correct parties. Meanwhile, you can have peace of mind knowing that an advocate is on your side.
- Years of experience – Our Social Security attorneys have been helping people get the benefits they need since 1976. In this time, we have gained a thorough understanding of the nuances of the Social Security Administration (SSA) and can handle all communication with them. One important aspect is also being able to translate the complex language of the documents and tell you the info pertinent to your claim.
- The fine details – Evidence is key to proving your need for benefits to the SSA. This includes consulting with employers and medical professionals on your behalf in order to gather the most compelling evidence on your situation.
- Protecting your rights at every turn – If your request for benefits is denied, we become staunch defenders of your right to benefits. We’ll move forward with an appeal and represent you before an administrative law judge (ALJ) should your case require a hearing. Finally, if all else fails, we will file a lawsuit on your behalf to secure the benefits to which you are entitled.
Our Social Security lawyers in McCracken County, KY, listen to you. We want to develop an intimate knowledge of your situation and disability. This allows us to explain your circumstances to the SSA better than the competition. We want to make the process as easy as possible so you can move on with your life and onto financial independence.
Eligibility For SSI and SSD Benefits
You may qualify for SSI or SSD benefits if you have a condition that is considered a “disability,” defined by the SSA as the inability to do the work you did before because of mental or physical impairment that’s expected to last longer than a year. Under a case review by the SSA, they will determine whether or not you are able to adjust to other work as a result of the condition. If they deem you unable to continue work in some capacity, then you are entitled to benefits.
There are different eligibility requirements between the two most common federal programs though. For example, Social Security Disability eligibility is dependent upon if you’ve made contributions to the Social Security trust fund, thereby, building up “credits.” If you haven’t earned enough of these credits, then you may still be eligible for Supplemental Security Income, which is based on disability, age, and limited income. Learn more about the eligibility requirements for these two programs below:
Social Security Disability Eligibility:
- Built-up work credits – These credits are based on you or your family’s wages and income over the years. Because of contributions you’ve made through FICA payroll taxes, you’re thus considered “insured.” In most cases, you’ll need 40 credits to be eligible for SSD, but you may be able to qualify with fewer credits if you are younger.
- Disability (any age) OR age (65+) OR blindness (any age)
- Limited/no income – As this program is largely needs-based and funded by general fund taxes (not from the Social Security trust fund), an individual with an income less than $2,000 may qualify. It is $3,000 if it is a couple.
You may be eligible for both programs at the same time, which is why you need the help of our Social Security lawyers in McCracken County, KY, to see which is the best option for you. Once we determine which program will give you the maximum benefit, we can work with you through every step of the appropriate application process. Contact us to get started.
Social Security Claim Denied: How an SSD Lawyer Can Help
The SSA has significant discretion in determining whether or not to award benefits to vulnerable individuals, and they often use that discretion liberally. For instance, thousands of people nationwide are denied every year for a number of reasons. Only 35% of applications are approved the first time around, which means a vast majority of individuals are left scrambling to get the support they so desperately need.
If you are one of the thousands of people denied SSD or SSI, it is not too late to seek the help of a Social Security lawyer to fight for what you need—but you shouldn’t wait. The SSA only allows a short window of time for someone to appeal the denial. The worst mistake you can make is missing this deadline.
Once our attorneys step in, we build a compelling argument to be presented in front of an Appeals Council or at your hearing. At Drummond Law, we have a firm belief that you should not have to face this intimidating meeting alone. We stand right beside you and can help you effectively and clearly convey the the full extent of your disability in a way that will convince a judge. Having Social Security lawyers on your side, such as those at Drummond Law, dramatically increases your chances of approval following an appeal.
Get in Touch With Our Social Security Lawyers in McCracken County, KY | Contact Drummond Law
Our Social Security lawyers can take on any challenge, including filling out the SSI or SSD application for you, finding and submitting medical documentation, appealing a denial, fighting for benefits at a hearing, and even arguing on your behalf in Federal Court if it comes to that.
We believe that hardworking individuals who have fallen victim to a disability are entitled to maximum benefits. In over 10,000 cases won since 1976, Drummond Law has been helping people across Missouri and Illinois receive the benefits they require to support themselves and their families. To speak with our Social Security lawyers in McCracken County, KY, feel free to contact us or call 800-842-0426.