SSD and SSI Lawyers
Social Security Lawyers in Witt, IL
Social Security lawyers in Witt, IL. No one should ever worry about how they are going to live comfortably if they are unable to earn a living due to a disability. Being the most vulnerable members of our society, the disabled and elderly deserve to be treated with the same level of respect and empathy as anyone else. At Drummond Law, we recognize these individuals and want to help.
If you or a loved one are blind, 65+ years old, or disabled in addition to having limited resources to sufficiently support yourself, Drummond Law can help you get the Social Security benefits you need to live with peace of mind. We are familiar with all the rules, laws, and regulations associated with the two most common federal programs:
- Social Security Disability Insurance | SSD Lawyers
- Supplemental Security Income | SSI Lawyers
Our Social Security attorneys will walk you through every step of the process from beginning to end. For help filing for Social Security, appealing a denial, or any other issues regarding your right to seek benefits, speak with our Social Security lawyers in Witt, IL, now. Do not hesitate to contact us or call 844-706-7710 for a free case evaluation.
How to File for Benefits With the Help of Our Social Security Lawyers in Witt, IL
No matter what type of assistance you require, filing for the Social Security program is a confusing and complicated process. Many people don’t get an attorney involved until it is too late and the claim has been denied.
If you’re disabled and need to pay your bills, you simply cannot delay receiving benefits. A Social Security Lawyer can speed up the process. When you get us involved from the beginning, you guarantee your claim develops without any issues, avoiding a denial and subsequently long appeals process.
Advantages to getting a Social Security lawyer involved as soon as possible:
- Everything is handled for you – The first thing we do is determine which program you are most qualified for and how to best fill out the paperwork so that you get approved the first time around. We will handle every step in the process for you, such as submitting all medical records and other documentation to the appropriate parties. Meanwhile, you can have peace of mind knowing that an advocate is on your side.
- Extensive experience – The Social Security attorneys at Drummond Law have helped disabled individuals since the year 1976. Within this time, we have gained a thorough grasp on the nuances of the Social Security Administration (SSA) and can handle all communication with them. One important aspect is also being able to translate the complex language of the documents and tell you the info pertinent to your claim.
- Eye for details – Evidence is key to proving your need for benefits to the SSA. This includes consultation with employers and medical professionals on your behalf in order to gather the most compelling evidence on your condition.
- Protection of your rights – If your claim is denied for any reason, we become ardent defenders of your rights. We’ll move forward with an appeal and represent you before an administrative law judge (ALJ) if a hearing is required. Finally, if all else fails, we will file a lawsuit on your behalf to secure the benefits to which you are entitled.
Our Social Security lawyers in Witt, IL, take the time to listen to you so that we have an intimate understanding of your disability and situation. In turn, we will be able to accurately illustrate your situation to the SSA better than anyone else. Allow us to help make the process as simple as possible so that you can achieve financial independence.
Am I Eligible for Social Security Benefits?
You may qualify for SSI or SSD benefits if you have a condition that is considered a “disability,” defined by the SSA as the inability to do the work you did before because of mental or physical impairment that’s expected to last longer than 12 months. Under a case review by the SSA, they will determine whether or not you are able to adjust to other work as a result of the condition. If you are deemed unable to work and gain assets on your own, then you become eligible for Social Security benefits.
There are different eligibility requirements between the two most common federal programs though. For example, Social Security Disability eligibility is dependent upon if you’ve made contributions to the Social Security trust fund, thereby, building up “credits.” On the other hand, Supplemental Security Income can be available to people who have not earned enough credits but do still qualify in terms of their age, disability, and limited amount of resources. Learn more about the eligibility requirements for these two programs below:
Social Security Disability Eligibility:
- Built-up work credits – These credits are based on you or your family’s wages and income over a number of years. Because of contributions you’ve made through FICA payroll taxes, you’re thus considered “insured.” In most cases, you’ll need 40 credits to be eligible for SSD, but you may be able to qualify with fewer credits if you are younger.
- Disability (any age) OR age (65+) OR blindness (any age)
- Limited/no income – As this program is largely needs-based and funded by general fund taxes (not from the Social Security trust fund), an individual with an income less than $2,000 may qualify. It is $3,000 if it is a couple.
You may be eligible for both programs at the same time, which is why you need the help of our Social Security lawyers in Witt, IL, to see which is the best option for you. Once we determine which program will give you the maximum benefit, we can work with you through every step of the appropriate application process. Contact us to get started.
Social Security Claim Denied: How an SSD Lawyer Can Help
The SSA has significant discretion in determining whether or not to award benefits to vulnerable individuals, and they often use that discretion liberally. For example, thousands of people nationwide are denied every year for a number of reasons. Only 35% of applications are approved for first-time applicants, which means a vast majority of people are left scrambling to get the support they so desperately need.
If you are one of the thousands of people denied SSD or SSI, it’s not too late to seek the help of a Social Security lawyer to fight for what you need—but you cannot delay any longer. There is only a short period of time in which the Social Security Administration allows for appeals, and the worst mistake people make is filing too late or failing to file at all.
Once we step in, we will work with you to craft a compelling case that will be presented at a hearing or in front of an Appeals Council. Our firm believes that you should never face the SSA alone. We are there right next to you and can help you clearly and effectively convey the the disability difficulties you face in a way that will convince a judge. Having Social Security lawyers on your side, such as those at Drummond Law, dramatically increases your chances of approval following an appeal.
Hire Our Social Security Lawyers in Witt, IL | Contact Drummond Law
Our Social Security lawyers can take on any challenge, including filling out the SSI or SSD application for you, finding and submitting medical documentation, appealing a denial, fighting for your rights at a hearing, and even appealing your case in front of a Federal Court, if necessary.
We believe that hardworking individuals who have fallen victim to a disability are entitled to maximum benefits. In over 10,000 cases won since 1976, Drummond Law has been helping people across Missouri and Illinois receive the benefits they require to support themselves and their families. To speak with our Social Security lawyers in Witt, IL, feel free to contact us or call 844-706-7710.