SSD and SSI Lawyers
Social Security Lawyers in Hettick, IL
Social Security lawyers in Hettick, IL. No one should be in a position where they have to worry about how they are going to survive without the ability to earn a living. As some of the most vulnerable people in our community, the elderly and disabled deserve to be treated with as much empathy and respect as everyone else. At Drummond Law, we care deeply about these individuals and have a passion to help.
If you or a loved one are 65+ years old, disabled, or blind in addition to having limited resources to adequately support yourself, Drummond Law wants to help you get the Social Security assistance you require in order to live with peace of mind. We are familiar with all the laws, regulations, and rules associated with the two most common types of benefit programs:
Our Social Security attorneys will walk you through every aspect of the process from beginning to end. For help filing for Social Security, appealing a denial, or any other issues regarding your right to seek benefits, talk to our Social Security lawyers in Hettick, IL, now. Do not hesitate to contact us or call 844-706-7710 for a free case evaluation.
How to File for Benefits With the Help of Our Social Security Lawyers in Hettick, IL
No matter what type of assistance you require, having to file for Social Security benefits can be confusing and complicated. Many people do not get an attorney involved until it is too late and their claim has been denied.
If you are disabled and have to pay for a variety of essential expenses, you simply cannot delay receiving benefits. A Social Security Lawyer can speed up the process. When you get us involved from the beginning, you can make sure the claim develops without any issues, avoiding a potentially long denial and appeals process.
Benefits of having a Social Security lawyer involved from the start:
- We handle everything for you – Our first step is to help you determine which program you qualify for and how to best fill out the paperwork so that you get approved the first time around. We’ll take care of every facet of the application process, such as submitting all documentation and medical records to the appropriate parties. In turn, you can rest easy knowing you have an advocate looking out for your best interests at every turn.
- Extensive experience – Our Social Security attorneys have been helping people get the benefits they need since 1976. In this time, we’ve gained a comprehensive understanding of the nuances of the Social Security Administration (SSA) and can handle all communication with them. One important aspect is also being able to translate the complex language of the documents and tell you the info pertinent to your claim.
- Eye for details – We help pinpoint the pieces of evidence that must be presented to the SSA in order to prove your need for benefits. This includes consultation with medical professionals and employers on your behalf to submit the most compelling evidence on your condition.
- Protection of your rights – If your claim is denied for any reason, we become ardent defenders of your rights. We will file an appeal on your behalf as well as represent you before an administrative law judge (ALJ) should your case require a hearing. Finally, if all else fails, we will file a lawsuit on your behalf to secure the benefits to which you are entitled.
Our Social Security lawyers in Hettick, IL, listen to you. We want to develop an intimate knowledge of your situation and disability. This allows us to explain your circumstances to the SSA better than anyone else. Allow us to help make the process as simple as possible so that you can achieve financial independence.
Eligibility For SSI and SSD Benefits
You may qualify for Social Security benefits if you have a condition that’s considered a “disability,” defined by the Social Security Administration as the inability to perform work because of mental or physical impairment that is expected to last longer than a year. During a case review by the SSA, they can determine whether or not you are able to adjust to other work as a result of the condition. If you are deemed unable to work and gain assets on your own, then you become eligible for Social Security benefits.
There are different eligibility requirements between the two most common federal programs though. For example, Social Security Disability eligibility is based on whether or not you have a history of making contributions to the Social Security trust fund and, therefore, have built up “credits.” On the other hand, Supplemental Security Income can be available to people who have not earned enough credits but do still qualify in terms of their age, disability, and limited amount of resources. Get more details on the eligibility for these federal programs below:
Eligibility for Social Security Disability:
- Built-up work credits – These credits are based on you or your family’s wages and income over the years. Because of contributions you’ve made through FICA payroll taxes, you’re thus considered “insured.” In most cases, you’ll need 40 credits to be eligible for SSD, but you may be able to qualify with fewer credits if you are younger.
Eligibility for Supplemental Security Income:
- Disability (any age) OR age (65+) OR blindness (any age)
- Limited/no income – Because these benefits are generally needs-based as well as taken from general fund taxes—not from the Social Security trust fund—a person with an income of less than $2,000 in assets OR a couple with an income of less than $3,000 may be able to qualify for benefits.
You may be eligible for both programs at the same time, which is why you need the help of our Social Security lawyers in Hettick, IL, to see which is the best option for you. Whichever program gives you the maximum benefits, we will handle all aspects of the application for you. Contact us to get started.
Denied Social Security? How an SSD Lawyer at Drummond Law Can Help
If your claim for benefits has been denied, you are not alone. For example, thousands of people across the United States are denied every year for a number of reasons. Only 35% of applications are approved the first time around, which means a vast majority of people are left scrambling to get the support they so desperately need.
If you are one of the thousands of people denied SSD or SSI, it’s never too late to seek the help of a Social Security lawyer to fight for what you need—but you shouldn’t wait. The SSA only allows a short window of time for someone to appeal the denial. The worst mistake you can make is missing this deadline.
Once we step in, we build a compelling argument to be presented in front of an Appeals Council or at your hearing. At Drummond Law, we have a firm belief that you should never face the SSA alone. We stand right beside you and can help you clearly and effectively convey the the disability difficulties you face in a way that will convince a judge. Having Social Security lawyers on your side, such as those at Drummond Law, will increase your chances of getting what you need in an appeal.
Hire Our Social Security Lawyers in Hettick, IL | Contact Drummond Law
Our Social Security lawyers can take on any challenge, including completing the SSI or SSD application for you, finding and submitting medical records, appealing a denial, fighting for benefits at a hearing, and even appealing your case in front of a Federal Court, if necessary.
We passionately believe that hardworking people deserve maximum benefits after a disability. In over 10,000 cases won since 1976, Drummond Law has been helping people across Illinois and Missouri receive the benefits they require to support themselves and their families. To speak with our Social Security lawyers in Hettick, IL, please contact us or call 844-706-7710.