SSD and SSI Lawyers
Social Security Lawyers in Pulaski County, IL
Social Security lawyers in Pulaski County, IL. No one should ever worry about how they are going to live comfortably if they are unable to earn a living due to a disability. Being the most vulnerable members of our society, the elderly and disabled have a right to be treated with the same level of empathy and respect as anyone else. At Drummond Law, we recognize these individuals and have a passion to help.
If you or a loved one are 65+ years old, disabled, or blind in addition to having limited or no income to adequately support yourself, Drummond Law can help you get the Social Security assistance you require in order to live with peace of mind. We are familiar with all the rules, laws, and regulations associated with the two most common federal programs:
Our Social Security attorneys can guide you through every aspect of your claim from beginning to end. For help filing for Social Security, appealing a denial, or any other issues regarding your right to seek benefits, talk to our Social Security lawyers in Pulaski County, IL, now. Do not hesitate to contact us or call 844-706-7710 for a free case evaluation.
Filing for Benefits With the Help of Social Security Lawyers in Pulaski County, IL
No matter what type of assistance you require, having to file for the Social Security program is a confusing and complicated process. In too many cases, people do not get an attorney involved until it is too late and the claim has been denied.
If you are disabled and need to pay your bills, you simply cannot delay receiving benefits. A Social Security Lawyer can speed up the process. When you get us involved from the beginning, you can make sure the claim moves forward without any complications, avoiding a potentially long denial and appeals process.
Advantages to getting a Social Security lawyer involved as soon as possible:
- We handle everything for you – The first thing we do is determine which program you are most qualified for and how to best fill out the paperwork so that you get approved the first time around. We’ll take care of every facet of the application process, such as submitting all medical records and other documentation to the appropriate parties. In turn, you can rest easy knowing you have an advocate looking out for your best interests at every turn.
- Years of experience – Our Social Security attorneys have been helping people get the benefits they need since 1976. In this time, we’ve cultivated a complete grasp on the nuances of the Social Security Administration (SSA) and can handle all communication with them. We can also interpret the complex language of the paperwork and relay it back to you so that you understand everything you need to know about your claim.
- The fine details – We help pinpoint the pieces of evidence that must be presented to the SSA in order to prove your need for benefits. This includes consultation with medical professionals and employers on your behalf to submit pertinent information on your situation.
- Protecting your rights at every turn – If your claim is denied for any reason, we become ardent defenders of your rights. We will file an appeal on your behalf and represent you in front of an administrative law judge (ALJ) if a hearing is required. In some cases, a lawsuit may be called for in order to get the benefits you need. We’ll take care of filing one on your behalf.
Our Social Security lawyers in Pulaski County, IL, take the time to listen to you so that we have an intimate understanding of your disability and situation. In turn, we will be able to accurately illustrate your situation to the SSA better than the competition. We want to make the process as easy as possible so you can move on with your life and onto financial independence.
Eligibility For SSI and SSD Benefits
You are eligible for Social Security benefits if you suffer from a medical condition that’s considered a “disability,” defined by the SSA as the inability to perform work because of mental or physical impairment that’s expected to last longer than 12 months. During a case review by the SSA, they will determine whether or not you are able to adjust to other work as a result of the condition. If you are deemed unable to work and gain assets on your own, then you become eligible for Social Security benefits.
However, there is a difference between which program you might be eligible for, and it all has to do with your background. For example, Social Security Disability eligibility is dependent upon if you’ve made contributions to the Social Security trust fund, thereby, building up “credits.” On the other hand, Supplemental Security Income can be available to people who have not earned enough credits but do still qualify in terms of their age, disability, and limited amount of resources. Get more details on the eligibility for these federal programs below:
Social Security Disability Eligibility:
- Built-up work credits – These credits are based on you or your family’s wages and income over the years. Because of contributions you’ve made through FICA payroll taxes, you’re thus considered “insured.” In most cases, you’ll need 40 credits to be eligible for SSD, but you may be able to qualify with fewer credits if you are younger.
- Disability (any age) OR blindness (any age) OR age (65+)
- Limited/no income – As this program is largely needs-based and funded by general fund taxes (not from the Social Security trust fund), an individual with an income less than $2,000 may qualify. It is $3,000 if it is a couple.
Based on your situation, you may qualify for both federal programs. Seek guidance from our Social Security lawyers in Pulaski County, IL, to see which option best meets your needs. Whichever program gives you the maximum benefits, we will handle all aspects of the application for you. Contact us to get started.
Denied Social Security? How an SSD Lawyer at Drummond Law Can Help
If you have been denied benefits by the SSA, do not worry because you’re not alone. For example, thousands of people across the U.S. are denied every year for any number of reasons. Only 35% of applications are approved for first-time applicants, which means a vast majority of individuals must find a way to get the benefits they need.
If you’re one of the thousands of people denied SSI or SSD, it is never too late to seek the help of a Social Security lawyer to fight for what you need—but you shouldn’t wait. The SSA only allows a short window of time for someone to appeal the denial. The worst mistake you can make is missing this deadline.
Once our attorneys step in, we build a compelling argument to be presented in front of an Appeals Council or at your hearing. Our firm believes that you should not have to face this intimidating meeting alone. We stand right beside you and can help you clearly and effectively convey the the disability difficulties you face in a way that will convince a judge. Having Social Security lawyers on your side, such as those at Drummond Law, will increase your chances of getting what you need in an appeal.
Hire Our Social Security Lawyers in Pulaski County, IL | Contact Drummond Law
Our Social Security lawyers can take on any challenge, including completing the SSD or SSI application for you, finding and submitting medical records, appealing a denial, fighting for your rights at a hearing, and even appealing your case in front of a Federal Court, if necessary.
We believe that hardworking individuals who have fallen victim to a disability are entitled to maximum benefits. Since 1976, Drummond Law has been helping people across Missouri and Illinois receive the benefits they need to support themselves and their families. To speak with our Social Security lawyers in Pulaski County, IL, feel free to contact us or call 844-706-7710.