SSD and SSI Lawyers
Social Security Lawyers in Royal Lakes, IL
Social Security lawyers in Royal Lakes, IL. No one should be in a position where they have to worry about how they are going to survive without the ability to earn a living. As some of the most vulnerable people in our community, the elderly and disabled deserve to be treated with the same level of empathy and respect as anyone else. At Drummond Law, we recognize these individuals and want to help.
If you or a loved one are blind, 65+ years old, or disabled in addition to having limited assets to sufficiently support yourself, Drummond Law can help you get the Social Security benefits you require in order to live comfortably. We are familiar with all the rules, laws, and regulations associated with the two most common types of benefit programs:
Our Social Security attorneys will guide you through every aspect of your claim from beginning to end. To file for Social Security, appeal a denial, or any other issues in seeking the benefits you deserve, get in touch with our Social Security lawyers in Royal Lakes, IL, now. Do not hesitate to contact us or call 800-842-0426 for a free case evaluation.
Filing for Benefits With the Help of Social Security Lawyers in Royal Lakes, IL
Whatever type of assistance you need, filing for Social Security benefits can be complicated and confusing. In too many cases, people don’t get a lawyer involved until it is too late and their claim was denied.
If you are disabled and need to pay your bills, you simply cannot delay receiving benefits. A Social Security Lawyer can speed up the process. When we’re involved from the start, you can ensure your claim moves forward without any issues, avoiding a potentially long denial and appeals process.
Advantages to getting a Social Security lawyer involved as soon as possible:
- We handle everything for you – Our first step is to help you determine which program you qualify for and how we can fill out the paperwork to position you for the best chance of approval the first time around. We will handle every step in the process for you, such as submitting all medical records and other documentation to the correct parties. Meanwhile, you can have peace of mind knowing that an advocate is on your side.
- Extensive experience – Our Social Security attorneys have been helping people get the benefits they need since 1976. Within this time, we’ve cultivated a comprehensive understanding of the nuances of the Social Security Administration (SSA) and can communicate with them on your behalf. We can also interpret the complex language of the paperwork and relay it back to you so that you understand everything you need to know about your claim.
- The fine details – Evidence is key to proving your need for benefits to the SSA. This includes consultation with employers and medical professionals on your behalf in order to gather the most compelling evidence on your condition.
- Protection of your rights – If your claim is denied for any reason, we become ardent defenders of your rights. We’ll move forward with an appeal as well as represent you before an administrative law judge (ALJ) should your case require a hearing. Finally, if all else fails, we will file a lawsuit on your behalf to secure the benefits to which you are entitled.
Our Social Security lawyers in Royal Lakes, IL, listen to you. We want to develop an intimate knowledge of your situation and disability. This allows us to explain your circumstances to the SSA better than the competition. We want to make the process as easy as possible so you can move on with your life and onto financial independence.
Eligibility For SSI and SSD Benefits
You are eligible for Social Security benefits if you suffer from a medical condition that’s considered a “disability,” defined by the Social Security Administration as the inability to do the work you did before because of mental or physical impairment that’s expected to last longer than 12 months. During a case review by the SSA, they can determine if you can adjust to other work or not. If they deem you unable to continue work in some capacity, then you are entitled to benefits.
However, there is a difference between which program you might be eligible for, and it all has to do with your background. For example, Social Security Disability eligibility is based on whether or not you have a history of making contributions to the Social Security trust fund and, therefore, have built up “credits.” On the other hand, Supplemental Security Income can be available to people who have not earned enough credits but do still qualify in terms of their age, disability, and limited amount of resources. Get more details on the eligibility for these federal programs below:
Social Security Disability Eligibility:
- Built-up work credits – These credits are earned through you or your family’s wages and income over a number of years. Because of contributions you’ve made through FICA payroll taxes, you’re thus considered “insured.” In most cases, you’ll need 40 credits to be eligible for SSD, but you may be able to qualify with fewer credits if you are younger.
Eligibility for Supplemental Security Income:
- Disability (any age) OR age (65+) OR blindness (any age)
- Limited/no income – As this program is largely needs-based and funded by general fund taxes (not from the Social Security trust fund), an individual with an income less than $2,000 may qualify. It is $3,000 if it is a couple.
You may be eligible for both programs at the same time, which is why you need the help of our Social Security lawyers in Royal Lakes, IL, to see which option best meets your needs. Whichever program gives you the maximum benefits, we can work with you through every step of the appropriate application process. Contact us to get started.
Social Security Claim Denied: How an SSD Lawyer Can Help
If you have been denied benefits by the SSA, do not worry because you’re not alone. For instance, thousands of people across the U.S. are denied every year for any number of reasons. Only 35% of applications are approved the first time around, which means a vast majority of people must find a way to get the benefits they need.
If you are one of the thousands of people denied SSD or SSI, it is not too late to get an experienced Social Security lawyer to fight on your behalf—but you shouldn’t wait. The SSA only allows a short window of time for someone to appeal the denial. The worst mistake you can make is missing this deadline.
Once our attorneys step in, we will work with you to craft a compelling case that will be presented at a hearing or in front of an Appeals Council. At Drummond Law, we have a firm belief that you should never face the SSA alone. We are there right next to you and can help you clearly and effectively convey the the disability difficulties you face in a way that will convince a judge. Having Social Security lawyers on your side, such as those at Drummond Law, will increase your chances of getting what you need in an appeal.
Hire Our Social Security Lawyers in Royal Lakes, IL | Contact Drummond Law
Our Social Security lawyers can take on any challenge, including completing the SSD or SSI application for you, finding and submitting medical records, appealing a denial, fighting for your rights at a hearing, and even appealing your case in front of a Federal Court, if necessary.
We passionately believe that hardworking people deserve maximum benefits after a disability. In over 10,000 cases won since 1976, Drummond Law has been helping people across Missouri and Illinois receive the benefits they need to support themselves and their families. To speak with our Social Security lawyers in Royal Lakes, IL, please contact us or call 800-842-0426.