SSD and SSI Lawyers
Social Security Lawyers in Ramsey, IL
Social Security lawyers in Ramsey, IL. No one should be in a position where they have to worry about how they are going to survive without the ability to earn a living. As some of the most vulnerable people in our community, the disabled and elderly have a right to be treated with as much empathy and respect as everyone else. At Drummond Law, we care deeply about these individuals and have a passion to help.
If you or a loved one are disabled, 65+ years old, or blind in addition to having limited resources to sufficiently support yourself, Drummond Law can help you get the Social Security assistance you need to live with peace of mind. We know all the rules, laws, and regulations within the two most common federal programs:
Our Social Security attorneys will walk you through every step of your claim from beginning to end. To file for Social Security, appeal a denial, or any other issues in seeking the benefits you deserve, speak with our Social Security lawyers in Ramsey, IL, now. Feel free to contact us or call 800-842-0426 for a free case evaluation.
How to File for Benefits With the Help of Our Social Security Lawyers in Ramsey, IL
Whatever type of assistance you need, filing for Social Security benefits can be confusing and complicated. In too many cases, people do not get an attorney involved until it’s too late and their claim is denied.
If you’re disabled and need to pay your bills, you must seek help from a Social Security lawyer so that you start receiving assistance without any delay. When we’re involved from the start, you can ensure your claim develops without any issues, avoiding a potentially long denial and appeals process.
Benefits of having a Social Security lawyer involved from the start:
- Everything is handled for you – Our first step is to help you determine which program you qualify for and how to best fill out the paperwork so that you get approved the first time around. We’ll take care of every facet of the application process, such as submitting all medical records and other documentation to the correct parties. In turn, you can rest easy knowing you have an advocate looking out for your best interests at every turn.
- Years of experience – Our Social Security attorneys have been helping people get the benefits they need since 1976. In this time, we have gained a comprehensive understanding of the nuances of the Social Security Administration (SSA) and can communicate with them on your behalf. One important aspect is also being able to translate the complex language of the documents and tell you the info pertinent to your claim.
- The fine details – We help pinpoint the pieces of evidence that must be presented to the SSA in order to prove your need for benefits. This includes consulting with medical professionals and employers on your behalf to submit the most compelling evidence on your situation.
- Protecting your rights at every turn – If your request for benefits is denied, we become staunch defenders of your right to benefits. We’ll move forward with an appeal as well as represent you before an administrative law judge (ALJ) if a hearing is required. Finally, if all else fails, we will file a lawsuit on your behalf to secure the benefits to which you are entitled.
Our Social Security lawyers in Ramsey, IL, listen to you. We want to develop an intimate knowledge of your situation and disability. This allows us to explain your circumstances to the Social Security Administration better than the competition. Allow us to help make the process as simple as possible so that you can achieve financial independence.
Eligibility For SSI and SSD Benefits
You are eligible for SSI or SSD benefits if you suffer from a medical condition that’s considered a “disability,” defined by the Social Security Administration as the inability to perform work because of physical or mental impairment that is expected to last longer than a year. Under a case review by the SSA, they can determine whether or not you are able to adjust to other work as a result of the condition. If they deem you unable to continue work in some capacity, then you are entitled to benefits.
However, there is a difference between which program you might be eligible for, and it all has to do with your background. For example, Social Security Disability eligibility is dependent upon if you’ve made contributions to the Social Security trust fund, thereby, building up “credits.” On the other hand, Supplemental Security Income can be available to people who have not earned enough credits but do still qualify in terms of their age, disability, and limited amount of resources. Learn more about the eligibility requirements for these two programs below:
Eligibility for Social Security Disability:
- Work credits – These credits are based on you or your family’s wages and income over a number of years. You are considered “insured” because of contributions made to the Social Security trust fund in the form of FICA payroll taxes. In most cases, you’ll need 40 credits to be eligible for SSD, but you may be able to qualify with fewer credits if you are younger.
- Disability (any age) OR blindness (any age) OR age (65+)
- Limited/no income – Because these benefits are generally needs-based as well as taken from general fund taxes—not from the Social Security trust fund—an individual with an income less than $2,000 may qualify. It is $3,000 if it is a couple.
Based on your situation, you may qualify for both federal programs. Seek guidance from our Social Security lawyers in Ramsey, IL, to see which is the best option for you. Once we determine which program will give you the maximum benefit, we will handle all aspects of the application for you. Contact us to get started.
Denied Social Security? How an SSD Lawyer at Drummond Law Can Help
If you have been denied benefits by the SSA, do not worry because you’re not alone. For example, thousands of people across the United States are denied every year for a number of reasons. Only 35% of applications are approved the first time around, which means a vast majority of individuals must find a way to get the benefits they need.
If you’re one of the thousands of people denied SSD or SSI, it is never too late to seek the help of a Social Security lawyer to fight for what you need—but you cannot delay any longer. There is only a short period of time in which the Social Security Administration allows for appeals, and the worst mistake people make is filing too late or failing to file at all.
Once we step in, we will work with you to craft a compelling case that will be presented at a hearing or in front of an Appeals Council. Our firm believes that you should never face the SSA alone. We stand right beside you and can help you clearly and effectively convey the the disability difficulties you face in a way that will convince a judge. Having Social Security lawyers on your side, such as those at Drummond Law, will increase your chances of getting what you need in an appeal.
Hire Our Social Security Lawyers in Ramsey, IL | Contact Drummond Law
Our Social Security lawyers can take on any challenge, including filling out the SSI or SSD application for you, requesting and analyzing medical documentation, appealing a denial, fighting for benefits at a hearing, and even appealing your case in front of a Federal Court, if necessary.
We passionately believe that hardworking people deserve maximum benefits after a disability. In over 10,000 cases won since 1976, Drummond Law has been helping people across Missouri and Illinois receive the benefits they need to support themselves and their families. To speak with our Social Security lawyers in Ramsey, IL, feel free to contact us or call 800-842-0426.