SSD and SSI Lawyers
Social Security Lawyers in Washington County, IL
Social Security lawyers in Washington County, IL. No one should ever worry about how they are going to live comfortably if they are unable to earn a living due to a disability. As some of the most vulnerable people in our community, the disabled and elderly have a right to be treated with the same level of empathy and respect as anyone else. At Drummond Law, we care deeply about these individuals and have a passion to help.
If you or a loved one are 65+ years old, disabled, or blind in addition to having limited resources to sufficiently support yourself, Drummond Law can help you get the Social Security assistance you need to live comfortably. We know all the rules, laws, and regulations associated with the two most common types of benefit programs:
Our Social Security attorneys can guide you through every step of the process from beginning to end. For help filing for Social Security, appealing a denial, or any other issues regarding your right to seek benefits, get in touch with our Social Security lawyers in Washington County, IL, now. Feel free to contact us or call 800-842-0426 for a free case review.
How to File for Benefits With the Help of Our Social Security Lawyers in Washington County, IL
No matter what type of assistance you require, having to file for Social Security benefits can be complicated and confusing. Many people don’t get an attorney involved until it’s too late and the claim has been denied.
If you’re disabled and have to pay for a variety of essential expenses, you must seek help from a Social Security lawyer so that you start receiving assistance without any delay. When we’re involved from the start, you can make sure the claim moves forward without any complications, avoiding a potentially long denial and appeals process.
Benefits of having a Social Security lawyer involved from the start:
- Everything is handled for you – The first thing we do is determine which program you are most qualified for and how to best fill out the paperwork so that you get approved the first time around. We will handle every step in the process for you, such as submitting all medical records and other documentation to the correct parties. In turn, you can rest easy knowing you have an advocate looking out for your best interests at every turn.
- Years of experience – Our Social Security attorneys have been helping people get the benefits they need since 1976. Within this time, we’ve gained a comprehensive understanding of the nuances of the Social Security Administration (SSA) and can handle all communication with them. One important aspect is also being able to translate the complex language of the documents and tell you the info pertinent to your claim.
- Eye for details – We help pinpoint the pieces of evidence that must be presented to the SSA in order to prove your need for benefits. This includes consulting with medical professionals and employers on your behalf in order to gather pertinent information on your situation.
- Protecting your rights at every turn – If your claim is denied for any reason, we become ardent defenders of your rights. We will move forward with an appeal as well as represent you in front of an administrative law judge (ALJ) should your case require a hearing. Finally, if all else fails, we will file a lawsuit on your behalf to secure the benefits to which you are entitled.
Our Social Security lawyers in Washington County, IL, listen to you. We want to develop an intimate knowledge of your situation and disability. In turn, we will be able to accurately illustrate your situation to the Social Security Administration better than the competition. We want to make the process as easy as possible so you can move on with your life and onto financial independence.
Am I Eligible for Social Security Benefits?
You are eligible for Social Security benefits if you suffer from a medical condition that is considered a “disability,” defined by the SSA as the inability to do the work you did before because of mental or physical impairment that’s expected to last longer than 12 months. Under a case review by the SSA, they can determine whether or not you are able to adjust to other work as a result of the condition. If they deem you unable to continue work in some capacity, then you are entitled to benefits.
There are different eligibility requirements between the two most common federal programs though. For example, Social Security Disability eligibility is based on whether or not you have a history of making contributions to the Social Security trust fund and, therefore, have built up “credits.” If you haven’t earned enough of these credits, then you may still be eligible for Supplemental Security Income, which is based on disability, age, and limited income. Get more details on the eligibility for these federal programs below:
Social Security Disability Eligibility:
- Built-up work credits – These credits are earned through you or your family’s wages and income over the years. You are considered “insured” because of contributions made to the Social Security trust fund in the form of FICA payroll taxes. In most cases, you’ll need 40 credits to be eligible for SSD, but you may be able to qualify with fewer credits if you are younger.
Eligibility for Supplemental Security Income:
- Disability (any age) OR blindness (any age) OR age (65+)
- Limited/no income – Because these benefits are generally needs-based as well as taken from general fund taxes—not from the Social Security trust fund—a person with an income of less than $2,000 in assets OR a couple with an income of less than $3,000 may be able to qualify for benefits.
You may be eligible for both programs at the same time, which is why you need the help of our Social Security lawyers in Washington County, IL, to see which option best meets your needs. Once we determine which program will give you the maximum benefit, we will handle all aspects of the application for you. Contact us to get started.
Denied Social Security? How an SSD Lawyer at Drummond Law Can Help
If your claim for benefits has been denied, you are not alone. For instance, thousands of people nationwide are denied every year for a number of reasons. Only 35% of applications are approved for first-time applicants, which means a vast majority of individuals must find a way to get the benefits they need.
If you’re one of the thousands of people denied SSD or SSI, it’s not too late to get an experienced Social Security lawyer to fight on your behalf—but you cannot delay any longer. The SSA only allows a short window of time for someone to appeal the denial. The worst mistake you can make is missing this deadline.
Once our attorneys step in, we will work with you to craft a compelling case that will be presented at a hearing or in front of an Appeals Council. At Drummond Law, we have a firm belief that you should never face the SSA alone. We are there right next to you and can help you clearly and effectively convey the the disability difficulties you face in a way that will convince a judge. Having Social Security lawyers on your side, such as those at Drummond Law, dramatically increases your chances of approval following an appeal.
Hire Our Social Security Lawyers in Washington County, IL | Contact Drummond Law
Our Social Security lawyers can take on any challenge, including filling out the SSD or SSI application for you, finding and submitting medical records, appealing a denial, fighting for your rights at a hearing, and even appealing your case in front of a Federal Court, if necessary.
We believe that hardworking individuals who have fallen victim to a disability are entitled to maximum benefits. Since 1976, Drummond Law has been helping people across Illinois and Missouri receive the benefits they require to support themselves and their families. To speak with our Social Security lawyers in Washington County, IL, feel free to contact us or call 800-842-0426.