SSD and SSI Lawyers
Social Security Lawyers in Coffeen, IL
Social Security lawyers in Coffeen, IL. No one should be in a position where they have to worry about how they are going to survive without the ability to earn a living. As some of the most vulnerable people in our community, the elderly and disabled have a right to be treated with the same level of empathy and respect as everyone else. At Drummond Law, we recognize these individuals and have a passion to help.
If you or a loved one are disabled, 65+ years old, or blind in addition to having limited resources to adequately support yourself, Drummond Law can help you get the Social Security assistance you require in order to live comfortably. We are familiar with all the rules, laws, and regulations associated with the two most common federal programs:
Our Social Security attorneys will guide you through every aspect of your claim from beginning to end. To file for Social Security, appeal a denial, or any other issues in seeking the benefits you deserve, get in touch with our Social Security lawyers in Coffeen, IL, now. Feel free to contact us or call 800-842-0426 for a free case evaluation.
Filing for Benefits With the Help of Social Security Lawyers in Coffeen, IL
No matter what type of assistance you require, filing for Social Security benefits is a confusing and complicated process. In too many cases, people don’t get an attorney involved until it is too late and the claim is denied.
If you are disabled and have to pay for a variety of essential expenses, you must seek help from a Social Security lawyer so that you start receiving assistance without any delay. When we’re involved from the start, you guarantee your claim develops without any issues, avoiding a potentially long denial and appeals process.
Advantages to getting a Social Security lawyer involved as soon as possible:
- We handle everything for you – The first thing we do is determine which program you are most qualified for and how to best fill out the paperwork so that you get approved the first time around. We’ll take care of every facet of the application process, such as submitting all medical records and other documentation to the appropriate parties. Meanwhile, you can have peace of mind knowing that an advocate is on your side.
- Years of experience – The Social Security attorneys at Drummond Law have helped disabled individuals since the year 1976. In this time, we have cultivated a thorough understanding of the nuances of the Social Security Administration (SSA) and can communicate with them on your behalf. One important aspect is also being able to translate the complex language of the documents and tell you the info pertinent to your claim.
- The fine details – Evidence is key to proving your need for benefits to the SSA. This includes consultation with medical professionals and employers on your behalf in order to gather pertinent information on your condition.
- Protection of your rights – If your claim is denied for any reason, we become ardent defenders of your rights. We will move forward with an appeal as well as represent you before an administrative law judge (ALJ) if a hearing is required. In some cases, a lawsuit may be called for in order to get the benefits you need. We’ll take care of filing one on your behalf.
Our Social Security lawyers in Coffeen, IL, take the time to listen to you so that we have an intimate understanding of your disability and situation. In turn, we will be able to accurately illustrate your situation to the Social Security Administration better than the competition. We want to make the process as easy as possible so you can move on with your life and onto financial independence.
Am I Eligible for Social Security Benefits?
You may qualify for SSI or SSD benefits if you have a condition that’s considered a “disability,” defined by the Social Security Administration as the inability to do the work you did before because of mental or physical impairment that is expected to last longer than a year. During a case review by the SSA, they can determine if you can adjust to other work or not. If you are deemed unable to work and gain assets on your own, then you become eligible for Social Security benefits.
However, there is a difference between which program you might be eligible for, and it all has to do with your background. For example, Social Security Disability eligibility is dependent upon if you’ve made contributions to the Social Security trust fund, thereby, building up “credits.” On the other hand, Supplemental Security Income can be available to people who have not earned enough credits but do still qualify in terms of their age, disability, and limited amount of resources. Get more details on the eligibility for these federal programs below:
Eligibility for Social Security Disability:
- Work credits – These credits are based on you or your family’s wages and income over the years. Because of contributions you’ve made through FICA payroll taxes, you’re thus considered “insured.” In most cases, you’ll need 40 credits to be eligible for SSD, but you may be able to qualify with fewer credits if you are younger.
- Disability (any age) OR blindness (any age) OR age (65+)
- Limited/no income – Because these benefits are generally needs-based as well as taken from general fund taxes—not from the Social Security trust fund—an individual with an income less than $2,000 may qualify. It is $3,000 if it is a couple.
Based on your situation, you may qualify for both federal programs. Seek guidance from our Social Security lawyers in Coffeen, IL, to see which is the best option for you. Whichever program gives you the maximum benefits, we will handle all aspects of the application for you. Contact us to get started.
Social Security Claim Denied: How an SSD Lawyer Can Help
If you have been denied benefits by the SSA, do not worry because you’re not alone. For instance, thousands of people across the United States are denied every year for any number of reasons. Only 35% of applications are approved the first time around, which means a vast majority of individuals are left scrambling to get the support they so desperately need.
If you are one of the thousands of people denied SSD or SSI, it is never too late to seek the help of a Social Security lawyer to fight for what you need—but you shouldn’t wait. There is only a short period of time in which the Social Security Administration allows for appeals, and the worst mistake people make is filing too late or failing to file at all.
Once we step in, we will work with you to craft a compelling case that will be presented at a hearing or in front of an Appeals Council. Our firm believes that you should not have to face this intimidating meeting alone. We are there right next to you and can help you effectively and clearly convey the the disability difficulties you face in a way that will convince a judge. Having Social Security lawyers on your side, such as those at Drummond Law, dramatically increases your chances of approval following an appeal.
Hire Our Social Security Lawyers in Coffeen, IL | Contact Drummond Law
Our Social Security lawyers can take on any challenge, including completing the SSI or SSD application for you, requesting and analyzing medical records, appealing a denial, fighting for benefits at a hearing, and even appealing your case in front of a Federal Court, if necessary.
We passionately believe that hardworking people deserve maximum benefits after a disability. Since 1976, Drummond Law has been helping people across Missouri and Illinois receive the benefits they need to support themselves and their families. To speak with our Social Security lawyers in Coffeen, IL, feel free to contact us or call 800-842-0426.