SSD and SSI Lawyers
Social Security Lawyers in Sangamon County, IL
Social Security lawyers in Sangamon County, IL. No one should ever worry about how they are going to live comfortably if they are unable to earn a living due to a disability. Being the most vulnerable members of our society, the elderly and disabled deserve to be treated with the same level of respect and empathy as everyone else. At Drummond Law, we care deeply about these individuals and have a passion to help.
If you or a loved one are 65+ years old, disabled, or blind in addition to having limited assets to sufficiently support yourself, Drummond Law can help you get the Social Security assistance you require in order to live with peace of mind. We know all the regulations, laws, and rules associated with the two most common types of benefit programs:
Our Social Security attorneys will guide you through every step of the process from beginning to end. For help filing for Social Security, appealing a denial, or any other issues regarding your right to seek benefits, get in touch with our Social Security lawyers in Sangamon County, IL, now. Feel free to contact us or call 844-706-7710 for a free case evaluation.
Filing for Benefits With the Help of Social Security Lawyers in Sangamon County, IL
No matter what type of assistance you require, having to file for the Social Security program is a confusing and complicated process. In too many cases, people do not get an attorney involved until it’s too late and their claim has been denied.
If you are disabled and have to pay for a variety of essential expenses, you must seek help from a Social Security lawyer so that you start receiving assistance without any delay. When we’re involved from the start, you guarantee the claim moves forward without any issues, avoiding a denial and subsequently long appeals process.
Advantages to getting a Social Security lawyer involved as soon as possible:
- Everything is handled for you – Our first step is to help you determine which program you qualify for and how to best fill out the paperwork so that you get approved the first time around. We will handle every step in the process for you, such as submitting all medical records and other documentation to the correct parties. Meanwhile, you can have peace of mind knowing that an advocate is on your side.
- Extensive experience – The Social Security attorneys at Drummond Law have helped disabled individuals since the year 1976. In this time, we’ve gained a complete grasp on the nuances of the Social Security Administration (SSA) and can handle all communication with them. One important aspect is also being able to translate the complex language of the documents and tell you the info pertinent to your claim.
- The fine details – We help pinpoint the pieces of evidence that must be presented to the SSA in order to prove your need for benefits. This includes consulting with employers and medical professionals on your behalf in order to gather pertinent information on your situation.
- Protection of your rights – If your claim is denied for any reason, we become ardent defenders of your rights. We’ll move forward with an appeal as well as represent you before an administrative law judge (ALJ) should your case require a hearing. Finally, if all else fails, we will file a lawsuit on your behalf to secure the benefits to which you are entitled.
Our Social Security lawyers in Sangamon County, IL, take the time to listen to you so that we have an intimate understanding of your disability and situation. In turn, we will be able to accurately illustrate your situation to the Social Security Administration better than anyone else. We want to make the process as easy as possible so you can move on with your life and onto financial independence.
Am I Eligible for Social Security Benefits?
You may qualify for Social Security benefits if you suffer from a medical condition that’s considered a “disability,” defined by the Social Security Administration as the inability to do the work you did before because of physical or mental impairment that is expected to last longer than a year. During a case review by the SSA, they will determine whether or not you are able to adjust to other work as a result of the condition. If they deem you unable to continue work in some capacity, then you are entitled to benefits.
However, there is a difference between which program you might be eligible for, and it all has to do with your background. For example, Social Security Disability eligibility is based on whether or not you have a history of making contributions to the Social Security trust fund and, therefore, have built up “credits.” If you haven’t earned enough of these credits, then you may still be eligible for Supplemental Security Income, which is based on disability, age, and limited income. Get more details on the eligibility for these federal programs below:
Eligibility for Social Security Disability:
- Built-up work credits – These credits are earned through you or your family’s wages and income over the years. You are considered “insured” because of contributions made to the Social Security trust fund in the form of FICA payroll taxes. In most cases, you’ll need 40 credits to be eligible for SSD, but you may be able to qualify with fewer credits if you are younger.
Eligibility for Supplemental Security Income:
- Disability (any age) OR blindness (any age) OR age (65+)
- Limited/no income – Because these benefits are generally needs-based as well as taken from general fund taxes—not from the Social Security trust fund—an individual with an income less than $2,000 may qualify. It is $3,000 if it is a couple.
Based on your situation, you may qualify for both federal programs. Seek guidance from our Social Security lawyers in Sangamon County, IL, to see which option best meets your needs. Whichever program gives you the maximum benefits, we will handle all aspects of the application for you. Contact us to get started.
Social Security Claim Denied: How an SSD Lawyer Can Help
The SSA has significant discretion in determining whether or not to award benefits to vulnerable individuals, and they often use that discretion liberally. For example, thousands of people across the U.S. are denied every year for a number of reasons. Only 35% of applications are approved the first time around, which means a vast majority of individuals are left scrambling to get the support they so desperately need.
If you’re one of the thousands of people denied SSD or SSI, it’s not too late to seek the help of a Social Security lawyer to fight for what you need—but you cannot delay any longer. The SSA only allows a short window of time for someone to appeal the denial. The worst mistake you can make is missing this deadline.
Once we step in, we build a compelling argument to be presented in front of an Appeals Council or at your hearing. Our firm believes that you should never face the SSA alone. We are there right next to you and can help you clearly and effectively convey the the disability difficulties you face in a way that will convince a judge. Having Social Security lawyers on your side, such as those at Drummond Law, will increase your chances of getting what you need in an appeal.
Hire Our Social Security Lawyers in Sangamon County, IL | Contact Drummond Law
Our Social Security lawyers can take on any challenge, including filling out the SSD or SSI application for you, requesting and analyzing medical records, appealing a denial, fighting for your rights at a hearing, and even appealing your case in front of a Federal Court, if necessary.
We believe that hardworking individuals who have fallen victim to a disability are entitled to maximum benefits. Since 1976, Drummond Law has been helping people across Illinois and Missouri receive the benefits they require to support themselves and their families. To speak with our Social Security lawyers in Sangamon County, IL, feel free to contact us or call 844-706-7710.