SSD and SSI Lawyers
Social Security Lawyers in Girard, IL
Social Security lawyers in Girard, IL. No one should ever worry about how they are going to live comfortably if they are unable to earn a living due to a disability. Being the most vulnerable members of our society, the elderly and disabled deserve to be treated with as much empathy and respect as anyone else. At Drummond Law, we recognize these individuals and have a passion to help.
If you or a loved one are blind, 65+ years old, or disabled in addition to having limited or no income to sufficiently support yourself, Drummond Law wants to help you get the Social Security assistance you need to live with peace of mind. We are familiar with all the regulations, laws, and rules within the two most common types of benefit programs:
Our Social Security attorneys can guide you through every aspect of your claim from beginning to end. To file for Social Security, appeal a denial, or any other issues in seeking the benefits you deserve, talk to our Social Security lawyers in Girard, IL, now. Please contact us or call 800-842-0426 for a free case review.
Filing for Benefits With the Help of Social Security Lawyers in Girard, IL
No matter what type of assistance you require, filing for Social Security benefits can be complicated and confusing. In too many cases, people don’t get an attorney involved until it is too late and the claim was denied.
If you’re disabled and have to pay for a variety of essential expenses, you must seek help from a Social Security lawyer so that you start receiving assistance without any delay. When you get us involved from the beginning, you can make sure your claim moves forward without any complications, avoiding a denial and subsequently long appeals process.
Advantages to getting a Social Security lawyer involved as soon as possible:
- Everything is handled for you – Our first step is to help you determine which program you qualify for and how to best fill out the paperwork so that you get approved the first time around. We’ll take care of every facet of the application process, such as submitting all medical records and other documentation to the appropriate parties. Meanwhile, you can have peace of mind knowing that an advocate is on your side.
- Extensive experience – Our Social Security attorneys have been helping people get the benefits they need since 1976. In this time, we have cultivated a thorough grasp on the nuances of the Social Security Administration (SSA) and can handle all communication with them. One important aspect is also being able to translate the complex language of the documents and tell you the info pertinent to your claim.
- Eye for details – We help pinpoint the pieces of evidence that must be presented to the SSA in order to prove your need for benefits. This includes consultation with medical professionals and employers on your behalf to submit the most compelling evidence on your condition.
- Protection of your rights – If your request for benefits is denied, we become staunch defenders of your right to benefits. We will move forward with an appeal and represent you before an administrative law judge (ALJ) should your case require a hearing. In some cases, a lawsuit may be called for in order to get the benefits you need. We’ll take care of filing one on your behalf.
Our Social Security lawyers in Girard, IL, listen to you. We want to develop an intimate knowledge of your situation and disability. This allows us to explain your circumstances to the SSA better than the competition. We want to make the process as easy as possible so you can move on with your life and onto financial independence.
Eligibility For SSI and SSD Benefits
You may qualify for SSI or SSD benefits if you have a condition that is considered a “disability,” defined by the Social Security Administration as the inability to perform work because of physical or mental impairment that’s expected to last longer than a year. During a case review by the SSA, they will determine whether or not you are able to adjust to other work as a result of the condition. If they deem you unable to continue work in some capacity, then you are entitled to benefits.
However, there is a difference between which program you might be eligible for, and it all has to do with your background. For example, Social Security Disability eligibility is based on whether or not you have a history of making contributions to the Social Security trust fund and, therefore, have built up “credits.” If you haven’t earned enough of these credits, then you may still be eligible for Supplemental Security Income, which is based on disability, age, and limited income. Learn more about the eligibility requirements for these two programs below:
Eligibility for Social Security Disability:
- Built-up work credits – These credits are earned through you or your family’s wages and income over a number of years. You are considered “insured” because of contributions made to the Social Security trust fund in the form of FICA payroll taxes. In many cases, you need 40 credits in order to qualify for SSDI benefits, but some disabled younger people may still be able to qualify with fewer credits.
- Disability (any age) OR blindness (any age) OR age (65+)
- Limited/no income – As this program is largely needs-based and funded by general fund taxes (not from the Social Security trust fund), an individual with an income less than $2,000 may qualify. It is $3,000 if it is a couple.
Based on your situation, you may qualify for both federal programs. Seek guidance from our Social Security lawyers in Girard, IL, to see which is the best option for you. Once we determine which program will give you the maximum benefit, we will handle all aspects of the application for you. Contact us to get started.
Social Security Claim Denied: How an SSD Lawyer Can Help
If your claim for benefits has been denied, you are not alone. For instance, thousands of people nationwide are denied every year for a number of reasons. Only 35% of applications are approved for first-time applicants, which means a vast majority of people must find a way to get the benefits they need.
If you are one of the thousands of people denied SSI or SSD, it’s never too late to seek the help of a Social Security lawyer to fight for what you need—but you shouldn’t wait. There is only a short period of time in which the Social Security Administration allows for appeals, and the worst mistake people make is filing too late or failing to file at all.
Once our attorneys step in, we will work with you to craft a compelling case that will be presented at a hearing or in front of an Appeals Council. At Drummond Law, we have a firm belief that you should not have to face this intimidating meeting alone. We stand right beside you and can help you clearly and effectively convey the the full extent of your disability in a way that will convince a judge. Having Social Security lawyers on your side, such as those at Drummond Law, will increase your chances of getting what you need in an appeal.
Hire Our Social Security Lawyers in Girard, IL | Contact Drummond Law
Our Social Security lawyers can take on any challenge, including completing the SSD or SSI application for you, finding and submitting medical documentation, appealing a denial, fighting for your rights at a hearing, and even arguing on your behalf in Federal Court if it comes to that.
We believe that hardworking individuals who have fallen victim to a disability are entitled to maximum benefits. Since 1976, Drummond Law has been helping people across Missouri and Illinois receive the benefits they require to support themselves and their families. To speak with our Social Security lawyers in Girard, IL, please contact us or call 800-842-0426.