SSD and SSI Lawyers
Social Security Lawyers in Jefferson County, IL
Social Security lawyers in Jefferson County, IL. No one should ever worry about how they are going to live comfortably if they are unable to earn a living due to a disability. Being the most vulnerable members of our society, the disabled and elderly deserve to be treated with the same level of respect and empathy as anyone else. At Drummond Law, we care deeply about these individuals and have a passion to help.
If you or a loved one are blind, 65+ years old, or disabled in addition to having limited resources to sufficiently support yourself, Drummond Law wants to help you get the Social Security benefits you need to live comfortably. We are familiar with all the regulations, laws, and rules associated with the two most common types of benefit programs:
- Social Security Disability Insurance | SSD Lawyers
- Supplemental Security Income | SSI Lawyers
Our Social Security attorneys will walk you through every step of your claim from beginning to end. For help filing for Social Security, appealing a denial, or any other issues regarding your right to seek benefits, get in touch with our Social Security lawyers in Jefferson County, IL, now. Feel free to contact us or call 844-706-7710 for a free case evaluation.
Filing for Benefits With the Help of Social Security Lawyers in Jefferson County, IL
Whatever type of assistance you need, having to file for Social Security benefits can be complicated and confusing. In too many cases, people do not get an attorney involved until it’s too late and their claim is denied.
If you’re disabled and need to pay your bills, you must seek help from a Social Security lawyer so that you start receiving assistance without any delay. When you get us involved from the beginning, you can ensure the claim moves forward without any issues, avoiding a denial and subsequently long appeals process.
Advantages to getting a Social Security lawyer involved as soon as possible:
- We handle everything for you – Our first step is to help you determine which program you qualify for and how to best fill out the paperwork so that you get approved the first time around. We will handle every step in the process for you, such as submitting all medical records and other documentation to the correct parties. Meanwhile, you can have peace of mind knowing that an advocate is on your side.
- Years of experience – Our Social Security attorneys have been helping people get the benefits they need since 1976. In this time, we’ve cultivated a detailed grasp on the nuances of the Social Security Administration (SSA) and can handle all communication with them. We can also interpret the complex language of the paperwork and relay it back to you so that you understand everything you need to know about your claim.
- The fine details – Evidence is key to proving your need for benefits to the SSA. This includes consulting with medical professionals and employers on your behalf to submit the most compelling evidence on your situation.
- Protecting your rights at every turn – If your claim is denied for any reason, we become ardent defenders of your rights. We will file an appeal on your behalf as well as represent you before an administrative law judge (ALJ) should your case require a hearing. Finally, if all else fails, we will file a lawsuit on your behalf to secure the benefits to which you are entitled.
Our Social Security lawyers in Jefferson County, IL, take the time to listen to you so that we have an intimate understanding of your disability and situation. In turn, we will be able to accurately illustrate your situation to the Social Security Administration better than anyone else. We want to make the process as easy as possible so you can move on with your life and onto financial independence.
Eligibility For SSI and SSD Benefits
You may qualify for SSI or SSD benefits if you have a condition that is considered a “disability,” defined by the Social Security Administration as the inability to do the work you did before because of mental or physical impairment that’s expected to last longer than 12 months. Under a case review by the SSA, they can determine whether or not you are able to adjust to other work as a result of the condition. If they deem you unable to continue work in some capacity, then you are entitled to benefits.
However, there is a difference between which program you might be eligible for, and it all has to do with your background. For example, Social Security Disability eligibility is dependent upon if you’ve made contributions to the Social Security trust fund, thereby, building up “credits.” On the other hand, Supplemental Security Income can be available to people who have not earned enough credits but do still qualify in terms of their age, disability, and limited amount of resources. Learn more about the eligibility requirements for these two programs below:
Social Security Disability Eligibility:
- Built-up work credits – These credits are based on you or your family’s wages and income over a number of years. Because of contributions you’ve made through FICA payroll taxes, you’re thus considered “insured.” In many cases, you need 40 credits in order to qualify for SSDI benefits, but some disabled younger people may still be able to qualify with fewer credits.
- Disability (any age) OR age (65+) OR blindness (any age)
- Limited/no income – Because these benefits are generally needs-based as well as taken from general fund taxes—not from the Social Security trust fund—a person with an income of less than $2,000 in assets OR a couple with an income of less than $3,000 may be able to qualify for benefits.
You may be eligible for both programs at the same time, which is why you need the help of our Social Security lawyers in Jefferson County, IL, to see which is the best option for you. Whichever program gives you the maximum benefits, we will handle all aspects of the application for you. Contact us to get started.
Denied Social Security? How an SSD Lawyer at Drummond Law Can Help
The SSA has significant discretion in determining whether or not to award benefits to vulnerable individuals, and they often use that discretion liberally. For instance, thousands of people across the U.S. are denied every year for any number of reasons. Only 35% of applications are approved the first time around, which means a vast majority of people are left scrambling to get the support they so desperately need.
If you’re one of the thousands of people denied SSD or SSI, it’s never too late to get an experienced Social Security lawyer to fight on your behalf—but you cannot delay any longer. The SSA only allows a short window of time for someone to appeal the denial. The worst mistake you can make is missing this deadline.
Once our attorneys step in, we build a compelling argument to be presented in front of an Appeals Council or at your hearing. Our firm believes that you should never face the SSA alone. We stand right beside you and can help you clearly and effectively convey the the disability difficulties you face in a way that will convince a judge. Having Social Security lawyers on your side, such as those at Drummond Law, will increase your chances of getting what you need in an appeal.
Get in Touch With Our Social Security Lawyers in Jefferson County, IL | Contact Drummond Law
Our Social Security lawyers can take on any challenge, including filling out the SSI or SSD application for you, requesting and analyzing medical documentation, appealing a denial, fighting for your rights at a hearing, and even appealing your case in front of a Federal Court, if necessary.
We believe that hardworking individuals who have fallen victim to a disability are entitled to maximum benefits. In over 10,000 cases won since 1976, Drummond Law has been helping people across Missouri and Illinois receive the benefits they require to support themselves and their families. To speak with our Social Security lawyers in Jefferson County, IL, feel free to contact us or call 844-706-7710.