SSD and SSI Lawyers
Social Security Lawyers in Owaneco, IL
Social Security lawyers in Owaneco, IL. No one should be in a position where they have to worry about how they are going to survive without the ability to earn a living. As some of the most vulnerable people in our community, the elderly and disabled deserve to be treated with the same level of respect and empathy as anyone else. At Drummond Law, we care deeply about these individuals and have a passion to help.
If you or a loved one are 65+ years old, disabled, or blind in addition to having limited or no income to adequately support yourself, Drummond Law can help you get the Social Security assistance you require in order to live with peace of mind. We know all the laws, regulations, and rules within the two most common federal programs:
Our Social Security attorneys will guide you through every aspect of the process from beginning to end. For help filing for Social Security, appealing a denial, or any other issues regarding your right to seek benefits, speak with our Social Security lawyers in Owaneco, IL, now. Do not hesitate to contact us or call 844-706-7710 for a free case evaluation.
Filing for Benefits With the Help of Social Security Lawyers in Owaneco, IL
Whatever type of assistance you need, filing for Social Security benefits is a confusing and complicated process. Many people do not get a lawyer involved until it is too late and their claim has been denied.
If you are disabled and have to pay for a variety of essential expenses, you simply cannot delay receiving benefits. A Social Security Lawyer can speed up the process. When we’re involved from the start, you can make sure the claim moves forward without any issues, avoiding a denial and subsequently long appeals process.
Benefits of having a Social Security lawyer involved from the start:
- We handle everything for you – Our first step is to help you determine which program you qualify for and how to best fill out the paperwork so that you get approved the first time around. We’ll take care of every facet of the application process, such as submitting all medical records and other documentation to the correct parties. In turn, you can rest easy knowing you have an advocate looking out for your best interests at every turn.
- Extensive experience – The Social Security attorneys at Drummond Law have helped disabled individuals since the year 1976. Within this time, we’ve cultivated a comprehensive understanding of the nuances of the Social Security Administration (SSA) and can handle all communication with them. We can also interpret the complex language of the paperwork and relay it back to you so that you understand everything you need to know about your claim.
- Eye for details – We help pinpoint the pieces of evidence that must be presented to the SSA in order to prove your need for benefits. This includes consultation with medical professionals and employers on your behalf to submit pertinent information on your condition.
- Protecting your rights at every turn – If your request for benefits is denied, we become staunch defenders of your right to benefits. We will move forward with an appeal as well as represent you before an administrative law judge (ALJ) if a hearing is required. In some cases, a lawsuit may be called for in order to get the benefits you need. We’ll take care of filing one on your behalf.
Our Social Security lawyers in Owaneco, IL, take the time to listen to you so that we have an intimate understanding of your disability and situation. In turn, we will be able to accurately illustrate your situation to the SSA better than the competition. We want to make the process as easy as possible so you can move on with your life and onto financial independence.
Am I Eligible for Social Security Benefits?
You may qualify for SSI or SSD benefits if you have a condition that’s considered a “disability,” defined by the SSA as the inability to do the work you did before because of physical or mental impairment that’s expected to last longer than 12 months. During a case review by the SSA, they can determine if you can adjust to other work or not. If they deem you unable to continue work in some capacity, then you are entitled to benefits.
However, there is a difference between which program you might be eligible for, and it all has to do with your background. For example, Social Security Disability eligibility is dependent upon if you’ve made contributions to the Social Security trust fund, thereby, building up “credits.” If you haven’t earned enough of these credits, then you may still be eligible for Supplemental Security Income, which is based on disability, age, and limited income. Learn more about the eligibility requirements for these two programs below:
Social Security Disability Eligibility:
- Built-up work credits – These credits are earned through you or your family’s wages and income over a number of years. You are considered “insured” because of contributions made to the Social Security trust fund in the form of FICA payroll taxes. In most cases, you’ll need 40 credits to be eligible for SSD, but you may be able to qualify with fewer credits if you are younger.
- Disability (any age) OR age (65+) OR blindness (any age)
- Limited/no income – As this program is largely needs-based and funded by general fund taxes (not from the Social Security trust fund), a person with an income of less than $2,000 in assets OR a couple with an income of less than $3,000 may be able to qualify for benefits.
Based on your situation, you may qualify for both federal programs. Seek guidance from our Social Security lawyers in Owaneco, IL, to see which is the best option for you. Once we determine which program will give you the maximum benefit, we will handle all aspects of the application for you. Contact us to get started.
Denied Social Security? How an SSD Lawyer at Drummond Law Can Help
The SSA has significant discretion in determining whether or not to award benefits to vulnerable individuals, and they often use that discretion liberally. For instance, thousands of people nationwide are denied every year for a number of reasons. Only 35% of applications are approved the first time around, which means a vast majority of people are left scrambling to get the support they so desperately need.
If you’re one of the thousands of people denied SSI or SSD, it is never too late to get an experienced Social Security lawyer to fight on your behalf—but you cannot delay any longer. The SSA only allows a short window of time for someone to appeal the denial. The worst mistake you can make is missing this deadline.
Once our attorneys step in, we build a compelling argument to be presented in front of an Appeals Council or at your hearing. At Drummond Law, we have a firm belief that you should never face the SSA alone. We are there right next to you and can help you clearly and effectively convey the the full extent of your disability in a way that will convince a judge. Having Social Security lawyers on your side, such as those at Drummond Law, dramatically increases your chances of approval following an appeal.
Get in Touch With Our Social Security Lawyers in Owaneco, IL | Contact Drummond Law
Our Social Security lawyers can take on any challenge, including filling out the SSD or SSI application for you, requesting and analyzing medical documentation, appealing a denial, fighting for your rights at a hearing, and even arguing on your behalf in Federal Court if it comes to that.
We believe that hardworking individuals who have fallen victim to a disability are entitled to maximum benefits. In over 10,000 cases won since 1976, Drummond Law has been helping people across Illinois and Missouri receive the benefits they require to support themselves and their families. To speak with our Social Security lawyers in Owaneco, IL, feel free to contact us or call 844-706-7710.