SSD and SSI Lawyers
Social Security Lawyers in Peoria, IL
Social Security lawyers in Peoria, IL. No one should ever worry about how they are going to live comfortably if they are unable to earn a living due to a disability. Being the most vulnerable members of our society, the elderly and disabled have a right to be treated with as much respect and empathy as anyone else. At Drummond Law, we recognize these individuals and want to help.
If you or a loved one are blind, 65+ years old, or disabled in addition to having limited or no income to sufficiently support yourself, Drummond Law wants to help you get the Social Security benefits you need to live with peace of mind. We are familiar with all the laws, regulations, and rules within the two most common types of benefit programs:
Our Social Security attorneys can walk you through every step of the process from beginning to end. For help filing for Social Security, appealing a denial, or any other issues regarding your right to seek benefits, speak with our Social Security lawyers in Peoria, IL, now. Do not hesitate to contact us or call 844-706-7710 for a free case review.
How to File for Benefits With the Help of Our Social Security Lawyers in Peoria, IL
No matter what type of assistance you require, having to file for the Social Security program can be confusing and complicated. Many people don’t get a lawyer involved until it’s too late and their claim is denied.
If you’re disabled and need to pay your bills, you must seek help from a Social Security lawyer so that you start receiving assistance without any delay. When we’re involved from the start, you guarantee the claim moves forward without any complications, avoiding a denial and subsequently long appeals process.
Advantages to getting a Social Security lawyer involved as soon as possible:
- Everything is handled for you – Our first step is to help you determine which program you qualify for and how we can fill out the paperwork to position you for the best chance of approval the first time around. We’ll take care of every facet of the application process, such as submitting all medical records and other documentation to the appropriate parties. Meanwhile, you can have peace of mind knowing that an advocate is on your side.
- Years of experience – Our Social Security attorneys have been helping people get the benefits they need since 1976. In this time, we have gained a comprehensive grasp on the nuances of the Social Security Administration (SSA) and can handle all communication with them. We can also interpret the complex language of the paperwork and relay it back to you so that you understand everything you need to know about your claim.
- Eye for details – Evidence is key to proving your need for benefits to the SSA. This includes consultation with medical professionals and employers on your behalf in order to gather pertinent information on your condition.
- Protection of your rights – If your request for benefits is denied, we become staunch defenders of your right to benefits. We will move forward with an appeal and represent you before an administrative law judge (ALJ) if a hearing is required. In some cases, a lawsuit may be called for in order to get the benefits you need. We’ll take care of filing one on your behalf.
Our Social Security lawyers in Peoria, IL, take the time to listen to you so that we have an intimate understanding of your disability and situation. In turn, we will be able to accurately illustrate your situation to the SSA better than anyone else. Allow us to help make the process as simple as possible so that you can achieve financial independence.
Am I Eligible for Social Security Benefits?
You may qualify for Social Security benefits if you suffer from a medical condition that is considered a “disability,” defined by the SSA as the inability to do the work you did before because of mental or physical impairment that’s expected to last longer than a year. During a case review by the SSA, they will determine if you can adjust to other work or not. If you are deemed unable to work and gain assets on your own, then you become eligible for Social Security benefits.
There are different eligibility requirements between the two most common federal programs though. For example, Social Security Disability eligibility is based on whether or not you have a history of making contributions to the Social Security trust fund and, therefore, have built up “credits.” On the other hand, Supplemental Security Income can be available to people who have not earned enough credits but do still qualify in terms of their age, disability, and limited amount of resources. Learn more about the eligibility requirements for these two programs below:
Social Security Disability Eligibility:
- Built-up work credits – These credits are based on you or your family’s wages and income over a number of years. Because of contributions you’ve made through FICA payroll taxes, you’re thus considered “insured.” In many cases, you need 40 credits in order to qualify for SSDI benefits, but some disabled younger people may still be able to qualify with fewer credits.
- Disability (any age) OR age (65+) OR blindness (any age)
- Limited/no income – Because these benefits are generally needs-based as well as taken from general fund taxes—not from the Social Security trust fund—an individual with an income less than $2,000 may qualify. It is $3,000 if it is a couple.
You may be eligible for both programs at the same time, which is why you need the help of our Social Security lawyers in Peoria, IL, to see which is the best option for you. Whichever program gives you the maximum benefits, we will handle all aspects of the application for you. Contact us to get started.
Social Security Claim Denied: How an SSD Lawyer Can Help
If your claim for benefits has been denied, you are not alone. For instance, thousands of people nationwide are denied every year for a number of reasons. Only 35% of applications are approved the first time around, which means a vast majority of individuals must find a way to get the benefits they need.
If you are one of the thousands of people denied SSI or SSD, it’s not too late to seek the help of a Social Security lawyer to fight for what you need—but you shouldn’t wait. The SSA only allows a short window of time for someone to appeal the denial. The worst mistake you can make is missing this deadline.
Once we step in, we build a compelling argument to be presented in front of an Appeals Council or at your hearing. Our firm believes that you should never face the SSA alone. We stand right beside you and can help you clearly and effectively convey the the disability difficulties you face in a way that will convince a judge. Having Social Security lawyers on your side, such as those at Drummond Law, will increase your chances of getting what you need in an appeal.
Get in Touch With Our Social Security Lawyers in Peoria, IL | Contact Drummond Law
Our Social Security lawyers can take on any challenge, including filling out the SSI or SSD application for you, requesting and analyzing medical documentation, appealing a denial, fighting for your rights at a hearing, and even arguing on your behalf in Federal Court if it comes to that.
We passionately believe that hardworking people deserve maximum benefits after a disability. Since 1976, Drummond Law has been helping people across Missouri and Illinois receive the benefits they need to support themselves and their families. To speak with our Social Security lawyers in Peoria, IL, feel free to contact us or call 844-706-7710.