SSD and SSI Disability Lawyers
Disability Lawyers in White County, IL
Disability lawyers in White County, IL. Disabilities are challenges that no one should have to face alone. That is why our country has provided a safety net for those who are most vulnerable in our society with a variety of federal programs, such as:
- Social Security Family Benefits – SSD For Children Lawyer in White County, IL
- Social Security Disability Insurance – SSD Lawyers in White County, IL
- Supplemental Security Income – SSI Lawyers in White County, IL
Unfortunately, being disabled is not enough to automatically receive benefits. The Social Security Disability application not only requires highly detailed information, but this information should also be gathered and shown in a very specific manner. Any mistep you make could result in lengthening the time to get your benefits or, worse, an outright denial — something that happens in over 60% of first-time applications. You should get a Social Security Disability lawyer in White County, IL, involved from the very beginning to file for Social Security or appeal a denial.
If you or a loved one have a disability and limited resources for support, you could be entitled to Social Security benefits. Don’t go about it alone. Whether you’re appealing a denial or merely thinKing about submitting a claim but don’t know where to start, our disability lawyers in White County, IL, are open to talking about your case at no cost to you. Contact us or call 844-706-7710 for a free claim evaluation.
Social Security Requirements in White County, IL
There are many different requirements that the Social Security Administration (SSA) take into account when awarding benefits. Chief among them is whether or not you are affected with a disability that’s expected to have a duration of 12 months or longer in addition to preventing you from doing full-time meaningful work.
The most common medical conditions that qualify an individual as “disabled:”
- Blindness and hearing impairment
- Cancers of all kinds
- Heart conditions
- Thyroid disorders
- Accidental or non-preventative injuries
- Bipolar disorder
- Crohn’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
Approval for benefits is done on a case-by-case basis because there are many different medical conditions that the SSA may deem as a coverable disability. The SSA will look at the documented proof that your condition is preventing you from doing the work you were able to do before. The SSA will then conclude whether or not you are able to adjust to some other form of meaningful work and, if not, then you may take part in benefits from SSI, SSD, or another federal program. Learn more about the requirements for these programs below:
Social Security Disability White County
One of the easiest ways to understand the SSD program is to think of it as an insurance plan. You become eligible if you have paid “premiums” in the form of FICA taxes—which are automatically withheld in your paycheck— into the Social Security trust fund over a long period of time that is recent. One thing to note is that education level and age also matter to the Social Security Administration.
Eligibility requirements for SSD:
- Work history/built-up work credits – In many cases, you need 40 credits in order to qualify, but some disabled younger people may still be able to qualify with fewer credits.
Supplemental Security Income White County
The SSI program is meant for disabled people of any age and is generally needs-based. It is funded by the general fund taxes, making it available to people with a low income in addition to being unable to provide basic necessities for themselves.
Eligibility Requirements for SSI
- Disability (any age)
- OR age (65+)
- OR blindness (any age)
- No/limited income – less than $3,000 for a couple in assets and less than $2,000 for an individual
You might qualify for one or multiple of these programs; therefore, you need the assistance of our disability lawyers to see where you qualify. Once we determine which program is right for you that will cover your needs, we’ll help you get started on the application. Contact us now to get started.
Social Security Disability for Children White County
No matter what the medical condition, caring for a child with disabilities is challenging for any parent. It makes it all the more challenging when they both grow older and something happens to the caregiver that leaves the disabled child with little support. Social Security provides a safety net for children—both young and old— who suffer from disabilities, as well as offers support to their families.
Eligibility Requirements for SSD for Children:
- Limited resources/no income from the caregivers
- Under the age of 18 – this includes children, grandchildren, adopted children, or stepchildren
- OR under the age of 19 – if the child is also attending elementary or secondary school
- Older than 18 – Unmarried adult children whose parents have died or the parents have become disabled themselves and require benefits. The child must have also been diagnosed with a disability before 22 years of age.
These benefits are a necessity to many disabled people and their families, without which they cannot afford basic needs, like speech therapy, medical equipment, occupational therapy, tutoring, and more.
Social Security Disability Application in White County, IL – Let Our Disability Lawyers Help
The Social Security process and SSA involve an abundance of procedures, regulations, and rules—even unwritten ones. It’s a legal system in and of itself with its own courts and judges that decide who gets disability benefits. This is why you need the help of a skilled attorney who knows the system inside and out to help ease your stress and avoid mistakes.
When we are involved in the very first steps of the Social Security Disability application, you can benefit from our:
- Experience – We’ve been helping people since 1976 and know how to win cases.
- Efficiency – Avoid costly delays and get your benefits faster with our help.
- Advocacy – You need a strong advocate at your side who will not only present your case in the most favorable light, but also defend you in case there are medical advisors who are opposing your need.
- Results – We have won over 10,000 cases in our multi-decade career. In general, more benefits are awarded when you have representation on your side at the beginning of the Social Security Disability application.
Social Security Disability Appeal in White County, IL – Let Our Disability Lawyers Help
If you’ve been denied benefits, do not give up. This happens in far too many cases so you are not alone. A Social Security Disability appeal will help you get stability and peace back into your life. You shouldn’t go about the appeal alone. The odds of winning your case are greatly improved with the help of Drummond Law disability lawyers.
We help ensure you follow the necessary steps, meet deadline dates, and send the right information before the hearing in front of the Appeals Court and the judge. After that point, we are right by your side to help you effectively and clearly present your need for benefits.
Don’t delay! After receiving your denial letter, you only have a short window of time to start the appeals process.
Get in touch With Our Disability Lawyers in White County, IL | Contact Drummond Law
Whether you need benefits for yourself or for a loved one, our disability lawyers in White County, IL, want to help you get the security you need for the future. Our passion for helping people across Illinois and Missouri has been our focus since 1976. To speak with our disability lawyers for a free case review, feel free to contact us or call 844-706-7710.