SSD and SSI Disability Lawyers
Disability Lawyers in Scottsville, IL
Disability lawyers in Scottsville, IL. Having a disability while providing for yourself is a challenge that no one should face entirely on their own. That’s why our country has provided a safety net for those who are most vulnerable in our society with a variety of federal programs, such as:
- Social Security Family Benefits – SSD For Children Lawyer in Scottsville, IL
- Social Security Disability Insurance – SSD Lawyers in Scottsville, IL
- Supplemental Security Income – SSI Lawyers in Scottsville, IL
Unfortunately, it is not enough to simply be disabled in order to get these benefits. The Social Security process not only requires incredibly detailed information, but this info must also be presented in an exact, nuanced way. Any mistep you make may result in lengthening the time to get your benefits or, worse, an outright denial — something that occurs in over 60% of first-time applications. You should get a Social Security Disability lawyer in Scottsville, IL, involved from the very beginning to file an application or appeal a denial.
If you or a loved one have a disability and limited resources for support, you could be entitled to Social Security benefits. Do not go about it alone. Whether you are appealing a denial or merely thinKing about submitting a claim but don’t know where to start, our disability lawyers in Scottsville, IL, are happy to discuss the details of your case—free of charge—no matter what stage of the process you are in. Call 844-706-7710 or contact us here for a free claim evaluation.
Social Security Requirements in Scottsville, IL
There is a laundry list of requirements that the Social Security Administration take into consideration when deciding if an individual qualifies for benefits. The biggest requirement being whether or not you’re affected with a disability that is expected to last at least 12 months (or is chronic) and restricts you from doing full-time work.
The most common medical conditions that qualify an individual as “disabled:”
- Crohn’s disease
- Cancers of all kinds
- Blindness and hearing impairment
- Heart conditions
- Thyroid disorders
- Accidental or non-preventative injuries
- Multiple sclerosis
- Bipolar disorder
Approval for benefits is done on a case-by-case basis because there are many different medical conditions that the SSA may deem as a coverable disability. The SSA will look at the medical proof that your condition is preventing you from doing the work you were able to do before. They will then determine whether or not you can adjust to other work and, if not, then you may take part in benefits from SSI, SSD, or another federal program. Learn more about the requirements for these programs below:
Social Security Disability Scottsville
One way to think of Social Security Disability is like an insurance plan. As in, you become eligible if you pay FICA taxes (a.k.a. your “premiums” which are automatically withheld from your paycheck) into the Social Security trust fund recently and over a sufficient period of time. One thing to note is that education level and age also matter to the Social Security Administration.
Eligibility requirements for SSD:
- Work history/built-up work credits – In many cases, you need 40 credits in order to qualify, but some disabled younger people may still be able to qualify with fewer credits.
Supplemental Security Income Scottsville
The SSI program is meant for disabled people of any age and is generally needs-based. Funding is taken from the general fund taxes, making it available to people with a low income in addition to being unable to provide basic necessities for themselves.
Eligibility Requirements for SSI
- Disability (any age)
- OR age (65+)
- OR blindness (any age)
- No/limited income – less than $3,000 for a couple in assets and less than $2,000 for an individual
You might qualify for one or multiple of these programs; therefore, you need the assistance of our disability lawyers to see where you qualify. Once we determine which program is right for you that will cover your needs, we’ll help you get started on the application. Get in touch with us to learn more.
Social Security Disability for Children Scottsville
No matter what the medical condition, caring for a child with disabilities is challenging for any parent. And when both the child and the parent grow older, the child may be left with little support if something were to happen to the caregiver. Social Security is there to offer assistance to disabled young children, adult children, and their families.
Eligibility Requirements for SSD for Children:
- Limited resources/no income from the caregivers
- Under the age of 18 – this includes children, stepchildren, adopted children, or grandchildren
- OR under the age of 19 – if the child is also attending elementary or secondary school
- Older than 18 – Unmarried adult children whose parents have died or the parents have become disabled themselves and require benefits. The child must have also been diagnosed with a disability before the age of 22.
These benefits are a necessity to many disabled children and their families, without which they cannot afford basic needs, such as speech therapy, tutoring, occupational therapy, medical equipment, and more.
Social Security Disability Application in Scottsville, IL – Let Our Disability Lawyers Help
The Social Security process and SSA involve an abundance of rules, regulations, and procedures—even unwritten ones. It’s a separate legal system with many nuances, courts, and judges of its own. This is why you need the help of an experienced attorney who knows the system inside and out to help ease your stress and avoid mistakes.
When you get our lawyers involved in the Social Security Disability application from the beginning, you benefit from our:
- Experience – We have been in business since 1976, which means we know what it takes to win a case and what kind of evidence the Social Security Administration (SSA) and administrative law judge look at.
- Speed – Avoid costly delays and get your benefits faster with our help.
- Advocacy – You need a strong advocate at your side who will not only present your case in the most favorable light, but also defend you in case there are medical advisors who are opposing your need.
- Results – In our multi-decade career, we have won over 10,000 cases for people across Missouri and Illinois.
Social Security Disability Appeal in Scottsville, IL – Let Our Disability Lawyers Help
If you’ve been denied benefits, do not believe that there is nothing else to do. Most applications are denied the first time, and a Social Security Disability appeal may be necessary to get peace and stability back in your life. You shouldn’t take this on by yourself. Your odds of winning an appeal are greatly increased with Drummond Law disability lawyers by your side.
We help ensure you follow the necessary steps, meet deadline dates, and send the right info before the hearing in front of a judge and Appeals Court. After that point, we are right beside you to help you effectively and clearly present your need for benefits.
Do not delay! The SSA only allows a short period of time to start your appeal after receiving your denial letter.
Get in touch With Our Disability Lawyers in Scottsville, IL | Contact Drummond Law
If you require Social Security for yourself or for a loved one, our disability lawyers in Scottsville, IL, can help secure a bright financial future. Our passion for helping people across Illinois and Missouri has been our driving force for over 30 years. To speak with our disability lawyers for a free case review, please contact us or call 844-706-7710.