SSD and SSI Disability Lawyers
Disability Lawyers in Millersville, IL
Disability lawyers in Millersville, IL. Disabilities are challenges that no one should have to face alone. That’s why the government has provided assistance for those who need it most in our society with a variety of federal programs, such as:
- Social Security Disability Insurance – SSD Lawyers in Millersville, IL
- Social Security Family Benefits – SSD For Children Lawyer in Millersville, IL
- Supplemental Security Income – SSI Lawyers in Millersville, IL
Unfortunately, it is not enough to simply be disabled in order to get these benefits. The Social Security process not only calls for incredibly detailed info, but this info must also be presented in an exact, nuanced way. Any mistep you make may result in lengthening the time to get your benefits or, worse, an outright denial — something that happens in over 60% of first-time applications. You need to get a Social Security Disability lawyer in Millersville, IL, involved from the very beginning to file for Social Security or appeal a denial.
If you or a loved one have a disability and limited resources for support, you could be entitled to Social Security benefits. Don’t go about it alone. Whether you are thinking of submitting a claim or have already been denied and need help with an appeal, our disability lawyers in Millersville, IL, are open to talking about your case at no cost to you. Contact us or call 844-706-7710 for a free claim evaluation.
Social Security Requirements in Millersville, IL
There is a laundry list of requirements that the Social Security Administration take into consideration when deciding if an individual qualifies for benefits. The biggest requirement being whether or not you’re “disabled” with a medical condition that is expected to last at least 12 months (or is chronic) and restricts you from doing full-time work.
Common conditions that may qualify for disability:
- Blindness and hearing impairment
- Cancers of all kinds
- Heart conditions
- Thyroid disorders
- Accidental or non-preventative injuries
- Bipolar disorder
- Crohn’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
There are many more conditions not on this list that qualify in the eyes of the Social Security Administration, which is why approval is done on a case-by-case basis. The SSA will look at the medical proof that your condition is preventing you from doing the work you were able to do before. They will then determine whether or not you are able to adjust to some other form of meaningful work and, if not, then you are entitled to benefits from SSI, SSD, or another federal program. Learn more about the requirements for these programs below:
Social Security Disability Millersville
One way to think of Social Security Disability is like an insurance plan. As in, you become eligible if you pay FICA taxes (a.k.a. your “premiums” which are automatically withheld from your paycheck) into the Social Security trust fund over a long period of time that is recent. One thing to note is that education level and age also matter to the Social Security Administration.
Eligibility requirements for SSD:
- Work history/built-up work credits – In many cases, you need 40 credits in order to qualify, but some disabled younger people may still be able to qualify with fewer credits.
Supplemental Security Income Millersville
The SSI program is meant for disabled people of any age and is generally needs-based. It is funded by the general fund taxes, making it available to people that have limited resources and therefore are unable to provide for themselves.
Eligibility Requirements for SSI
- Disability (any age)
- OR age (65+)
- OR blindness (any age)
- No/limited income – less than $3,000 for a couple in assets and less than $2,000 for an individual
You may be eligible for any one of these programs or more than one at the same time. You need the help of our disability lawyers to see where you qualify. After determining which program is right for you, we’ll guide you through the application process. Get in touch with us to learn more.
Social Security Disability for Children Millersville
Raising a child with a disability is one of the most difficult challenges a parent must face. And when both the child and the parent grow older, the child may be left with little support if something were to happen to the caregiver. Social Security is there to offer assistance to disabled young children, adult children, and their families.
Eligibility Requirements for SSD for Children:
- No income/limited resources from the caregivers
- Under the age of 18 – this includes children, stepchildren, adopted children, or grandchildren
- OR under the age of 19 – if the child is also attending elementary or secondary school
- Older than 18 – Unmarried adult children whose parents have died or the parents have become disabled themselves and require benefits. The child must have also been diagnosed with a disability before 22 years of age.
These benefits are a necessity to many disabled children and their families, without which they cannot afford basic needs, like speech therapy, medical equipment, occupational therapy, tutoring, and more.
Social Security Disability Application in Millersville, IL – Let Our Disability Lawyers Help
The Social Security process and SSA involve thousands of procedures, regulations, and rules—even unwritten ones. It’s a separate legal system with many nuances, courts, and judges of its own. This is why you need the help of an experienced attorney who knows the system inside and out to help you avoid mistakes and ease stress.
When you get our lawyers involved in the Social Security Disability application from the beginning, you benefit from our:
- Expertise – We’ve been helping people since 1976 and know how to win cases.
- Speed – We can often help you avoid costly delays in the process so that you can get the benefits you desperately need faster and at less cost to you.
- Advocacy – You need a strong advocate at your side who will not only present your case in the most favorable light, but also defend you in case there are medical advisors who are opposing your need.
- Results – In our multi-decade career, we have won over 10,000 cases for people across Missouri and Illinois.
Social Security Disability Appeal in Millersville, IL – Let Our Disability Lawyers Help
If you’ve been denied benefits, do not be discouraged. Most applications are denied the first time, and a Social Security Disability appeal may be necessary to get peace and stability back into your life. You should not go about the appeal alone. The odds of winning your case are greatly improved with the help of Drummond Law disability lawyers.
We help ensure you follow the necessary steps, meet deadline dates, and send the right info before the hearing in front of the Appeals Court and the judge. After that point, we are right by your side to help you clearly and effectively present your need for benefits.
Don’t delay! After receiving your denial letter, you only have a short window of time to start the appeals process.
Get in touch With Our Disability Lawyers in Millersville, IL | Contact Drummond Law
If you require Social Security for yourself or for a loved one, our disability lawyers in Millersville, IL, want to help you get the security you need for the future. Our passion for helping people across Missouri and Illinois has been our focus for over 30 years. To talk to our disability lawyers for a free claim evaluation, feel free to contact us or call 844-706-7710.