SSD and SSI Disability Lawyers
Disability Lawyers in Medora, IL
Disability lawyers in Medora, IL. When serious health problems keep you from working, it can be scary knowing how you will get financial relief moving forward. That’s why the government has provided a safety net for those who need it most in our society with many different federal programs, such as:
- Social Security Disability Insurance – SSD Lawyers in Medora, IL
- Social Security Family Benefits – SSD For Children Lawyer in Medora, IL
- Supplemental Security Income – SSI Lawyers in Medora, IL
Unfortunately, being disabled is not enough to automatically receive benefits. The Social Security process not only requires highly detailed information, but this information must also be presented in an exact, nuanced way. Any mistake you make could result in delays to receiving your benefits or, worse, an outright denial — something that occurs in over 60% of first-time applications. You need to get a Social Security Disability lawyer in Medora, IL, involved from the outset to file an application or appeal a denial.
If you or a loved one have limited resources and may qualify for Social Security due to a disability, don’t go about it alone. Whether you are appealing a denial or merely thinKing about submitting a claim but don’t know where to start, our disability lawyers in Medora, IL, are happy to discuss the details of your case—free of charge—no matter what stage of the process you are in. Call 844-706-7710 or contact us here for a free case review.
Social Security Requirements in Medora, IL
There are many different requirements that the Social Security Administration (SSA) take into account when awarding benefits. Chief among them is whether or not you are affected with a disability that’s expected to last at least 12 months (or is chronic) and restricts you from doing full-time work.
Common conditions that may qualify for disability:
- Blindness and hearing impairment
- Cancers of all kinds
- Heart conditions
- Thyroid disorders
- Accidental or non-preventative injuries
- Bipolar disorder
- Crohn’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
There are many more conditions not on this list that qualify in the eyes of the Social Security Administration, which is why approval is done on a case-by-case basis. The SSA will look at the documented proof that your condition is preventing you from doing the work you were able to do before. The SSA will then determine whether or not you are able to adjust to other work and, if not, then you are entitled to benefits from SSI, SSD, or another federal program. Learn more about the requirements for these programs below:
Social Security Disability Medora
One way to think of Social Security Disability is like an insurance plan. As in, you become eligible if you pay FICA taxes (a.k.a. your “premiums” which are automatically withheld from your paycheck) into the Social Security trust fund recently and over a sufficient period of time. One thing to note is that education level and age also matter to the Social Security Administration.
Eligibility requirements for SSD:
- Work history/built-up work credits – In many cases, you need 40 credits in order to qualify, but some disabled younger people may still be able to qualify with fewer credits.
Supplemental Security Income Medora
The SSI program is typically needs-based and meant for people of any age with a disability. Funding is taken from the general fund taxes, making it available to people with a low income in addition to being unable to provide basic necessities for themselves.
Eligibility Requirements for SSI
- Disability (any age)
- OR blindness (any age)
- OR age (65+)
- Limited/no income – less than $2,000 in assets for an individual and less than $3,000 for a couple
You might qualify for one or multiple of these programs; therefore, you need the assistance of our disability lawyers to see where you qualify. Once we determine which program is right for you that will cover your needs, we’ll help you get started on the application. Get in touch with us to learn more.
Social Security Disability for Children Medora
Raising a child with a disability is one of the most difficult challenges a parent must face. And when both the child and the parent grow older, the child may be left with little support if something were to happen to the caregiver. Social Security provides a safety net for children—both young and old— who suffer from disabilities, as well as offers support to their families.
Eligibility Requirements for SSD for Children:
- Limited resources/no income for the family
- Under the age of 18 – this includes children, grandchildren, adopted children, or stepchildren
- OR under the age of 19 – if the child is also attending elementary or secondary school
- Older than 18 – Unmarried adult children who lost their parents or if those parents are claiming disability benefits. The child must have also been diagnosed with a disability before 22 years of age.
These benefits are a necessity to many disabled people and their families, without which they cannot afford basic needs, like medical equipment, occupational therapy, tutoring, speech therapy, and more.
Social Security Disability Application in Medora, IL – Let Our Disability Lawyers Help
The SSA and Social Security process involve thousands of rules, regulations, and procedures—even unwritten ones. It’s a separate legal system with many nuances, courts, and judges of its own. This is why you need the help of an experienced attorney who knows the system inside and out to help you avoid mistakes and ease stress.
When you get our lawyers involved in the Social Security Disability application from the beginning, you benefit from our:
- Expertise – We’ve been helping people since 1976 and know how to win cases.
- Speed – We can often help you avoid costly delays in the process so that you can get the benefits you desperately need faster and at less cost to you.
- Advocacy – You will have a strong defender in your corner that is willing to fight for what you are entitled to.
- Results – We have won over 10,000 cases in our multi-decade career. In general, more benefits are awarded when you have representation on your side at the beginning of the Social Security Disability application.
Social Security Disability Appeal in Medora, IL – Let Our Disability Lawyers Help
If you’ve been denied benefits, do not believe that there is nothing else to do. This happens in far too many cases so you are not alone. A Social Security Disability appeal will help you get peace and stability back in your life. You shouldn’t take this on by yourself. The odds of winning your case are greatly improved with the help of Drummond Law disability lawyers.
We help ensure you meet all the deadlines, follow the right steps, and send the right information before the hearing in front of the Appeals Court and the judge. Then, we are right by your side to help you clearly and effectively present your need for benefits.
Do not delay! The SSA only allows a short period of time to start your appeal after receiving your denial letter.
Get in touch With Our Disability Lawyers in Medora, IL | Contact Drummond Law
Whether you need benefits for yourself or for a loved one, our disability lawyers in Medora, IL, want to help you get the security you need for the future. Our passion for helping people across Illinois and Missouri has been our focus since 1976. To speak with our disability lawyers for a free case review, feel free to contact us or call 844-706-7710.