SSD and SSI Disability Lawyers
Disability Lawyers in Kincaid, IL
Disability lawyers in Kincaid, IL. Nobody should face the challenge of having to provide for themselves when a disability makes it difficult to do so. That’s why our country has provided a safety net for those who need it most in our society with many different federal programs, such as:
- Social Security Disability Insurance – SSD Lawyers in Kincaid, IL
- Social Security Family Benefits – SSD For Children Lawyer in Kincaid, IL
- Supplemental Security Income – SSI Lawyers in Kincaid, IL
Unfortunately, it is not enough to simply be disabled in order to get these benefits. The Social Security Disability application not only calls for very detailed info, but this information must also be presented in an exact, nuanced way. Any mistake you make may result in lengthening the time to get your benefits or, worse, an explicit denial — something that occurs in more than half of first-time applications. You need to get a Social Security Disability lawyer in Kincaid, IL, involved as soon as possible to file for Social Security or appeal a denial.
If you or a loved one have a disability and limited resources for support, you could be entitled to Social Security benefits. Do not go about it alone. Whether you are appealing a denial or merely thinKing about submitting a claim but don’t know where to start, our disability lawyers in Kincaid, IL, are open to talking about your case at no cost to you. Contact us or call 844-706-7710 for a free case review.
Social Security Requirements in Kincaid, IL
There are many different requirements that the Social Security Administration (SSA) take into account when awarding benefits. Chief among them is whether or not you’re affected with a disability that’s expected to have a duration of 12 months or longer in addition to preventing you from doing full-time meaningful work.
Common conditions that may qualify for disability:
- Crohn’s disease
- Cancers of all kinds
- Blindness and hearing impairment
- Heart conditions
- Thyroid disorders
- Accidental or non-preventative injuries
- Multiple sclerosis
- Bipolar disorder
There are many more conditions not on this list that qualify in the eyes of the Social Security Administration, which is why approval is done on a case-by-case basis. The SSA will look at the medical proof that your condition has rendered you unable to do the work you performed before. They will then determine whether or not you can adjust to some other form of meaningful work and, if not, then you are entitled to benefits from SSD, SSI, or one of the other federal programs. Learn more about the requirements for these programs below:
Social Security Disability Kincaid
One way to think of Social Security Disability is like an insurance plan. As in, you become eligible if you pay FICA taxes (a.k.a. your “premiums” which are automatically withheld from your paycheck) into the Social Security trust fund recently and over a sufficient period of time. One thing to note is that education level and age also matter to the SSA when awarding benefits.
Eligibility requirements for SSD:
- Work history/built-up work credits – In most cases, 40 credits are required but younger people may still be eligible with fewer.
Supplemental Security Income Kincaid
The SSI program is meant for disabled people of any age and is generally needs-based. It is funded by the general fund taxes, making it available to people that have limited resources and therefore are unable to provide for themselves.
Eligibility Requirements for SSI
- Disability (any age)
- OR blindness (any age)
- OR age (65+)
- Limited/no income – less than $2,000 in assets for an individual and less than $3,000 for a couple
You may be eligible for any one of these programs or more than one at the same time. You need the help of our disability lawyers to see if your situation meets these qualifications. After determining which program is right for you, we’ll guide you through the application process. Contact us now to get started.
Social Security Disability for Children Kincaid
No matter what the medical condition, caring for a child with disabilities is challenging for any parent. It makes it all the more challenging when they both grow older and something happens to the caregiver that leaves the disabled child with little support. Social Security is there to offer assistance to disabled young children, adult children, and their families.
Eligibility Requirements for SSD for Children:
- Limited resources/no income from the caregivers
- Under the age of 18 – this includes children, grandchildren, adopted children, or stepchildren
- OR under the age of 19 – if the child is also attending elementary or secondary school
- Older than 18 – Unmarried adult children whose parents have died or the parents have become disabled themselves and require benefits. The child must have also been diagnosed with a disability before the age of 22.
These benefits are a necessity to many disabled people and their families, without which they cannot afford basic needs, like medical equipment, occupational therapy, tutoring, speech therapy, and more.
Social Security Disability Application in Kincaid, IL – Let Our Disability Lawyers Help
The Social Security process and SSA involve an abundance of procedures, regulations, and rules—even unwritten ones. It’s a separate legal system with many nuances, courts, and judges of its own. This is why you need the help of an experienced lawyer who knows the system inside and out to help ease your stress and avoid mistakes.
When you get our lawyers involved in the Social Security Disability application from the beginning, you benefit from our:
- Experience – We have been in business since 1976, which means we know what it takes to win a case and what kind of evidence the Social Security Administration (SSA) and administrative law judge look at.
- Speed – We can often help you avoid costly delays in the process so that you can get the benefits you desperately need faster and at less cost to you.
- Advocacy – You need a strong advocate at your side who will not only present your case in the most favorable light, but also defend you in case there are medical advisors who are opposing your need.
- Results – In our multi-decade career, we have won over 10,000 cases for people across Missouri and Illinois.
Social Security Disability Appeal in Kincaid, IL – Let Our Disability Lawyers Help
If you’ve been denied benefits, do not be discouraged. This happens in far too many cases so you are not alone. A Social Security Disability appeal will help you get peace and stability back in your life. You shouldn’t go about the appeal alone. Your odds of winning an appeal are greatly increased with Drummond Law disability lawyers by your side.
We help ensure you meet all the deadlines, follow the right steps, and send the right info before the hearing in front of the Appeals Court and the judge. After that point, we are right beside you to help you clearly and effectively present your need for benefits.
Do not delay! The SSA only allows a short period of time to start your appeal after receiving your denial letter.
Get in touch With Our Disability Lawyers in Kincaid, IL | Contact Drummond Law
If you require Social Security for yourself or for a loved one, our disability lawyers in Kincaid, IL, want to help you get the security you need for the future. Our passion for helping people across Missouri and Illinois has been our focus for over 30 years. To talk to our disability lawyers for a free claim evaluation, please contact us or call 844-706-7710.