SSD and SSI Disability Lawyers
Disability Lawyers in Piasa, IL
Disability lawyers in Piasa, IL. Nobody should face the challenge of having to provide for themselves when a disability makes it difficult to do so. That is why the U.S. has provided assistance for those who are most vulnerable in our society with many different federal programs, such as:
- Social Security Family Benefits – SSD For Children Lawyer in Piasa, IL
- Social Security Disability Insurance – SSD Lawyers in Piasa, IL
- Supplemental Security Income – SSI Lawyers in Piasa, IL
Unfortunately, being disabled is not enough to automatically receive benefits. The Social Security process not only requires incredibly detailed information, but this information should also be gathered and shown in a very specific manner. Any mistake you make could result in delays to receiving your benefits or, worse, an outright denial — something that happens in more than half of first-time applications. You should get a Social Security Disability lawyer in Piasa, IL, involved from the outset to file for Social Security or appeal a denial.
If you or a loved one have a disability and limited resources for support, you could be entitled to Social Security benefits. Do not go about it alone. Whether you are appealing a denial or merely thinKing about submitting a claim but don’t know where to start, our disability lawyers in Piasa, IL, are open to talking about your case at no cost to you. Contact us or call 800-842-0426 for a free claim evaluation.
Social Security Requirements in Piasa, IL
There is a laundry list of requirements that the Social Security Administration take into consideration when deciding if an individual qualifies for benefits. The biggest requirement being whether or not you’re “disabled” with a medical condition that’s expected to have a duration of 12 months or longer in addition to preventing you from doing full-time meaningful work.
Common conditions that may qualify for disability:
- Crohn’s disease
- Cancers of all kinds
- Blindness and hearing impairment
- Heart conditions
- Thyroid disorders
- Accidental or non-preventative injuries
- Multiple sclerosis
- Bipolar disorder
Approval for benefits is done on a case-by-case basis because there are many different medical conditions that the SSA may deem as a coverable disability. The SSA will look at the medical proof that your condition is preventing you from doing the work you were able to do before. They will then conclude whether or not you can adjust to other work and, if not, then you may take part in benefits from SSD, SSI, or one of the other federal programs. Learn more about the requirements for these programs below:
Social Security Disability Piasa
One of the easiest ways to understand the SSD program is to think of it as an insurance plan. You become eligible if you have paid “premiums” in the form of FICA taxes—which are automatically withheld in your paycheck— into the Social Security trust fund recently and over a sufficient period of time. One thing to note is that age and education also matter to the SSA when awarding benefits.
Eligibility requirements for SSD:
- Work history/built-up work credits – In many cases, you need 40 credits in order to qualify, but some disabled younger people may still be able to qualify with fewer credits.
Supplemental Security Income Piasa
The SSI program is typically needs-based and meant for people of any age with a disability. Funding is taken from the general fund taxes, making it available to people with a low income in addition to being unable to provide basic necessities for themselves.
Eligibility Requirements for SSI
- Disability (any age)
- OR blindness (any age)
- OR age (65+)
- Limited/no income – less than $2,000 in assets for an individual and less than $3,000 for a couple
You may be eligible for any one of these programs or more than one at the same time. You need the help of our disability lawyers to see where you qualify. After determining which program is right for you, we’ll guide you through the application process. Get in touch with us to learn more.
Social Security Disability for Children Piasa
No matter what the medical condition, caring for a child with disabilities is challenging for any parent. It makes it all the more challenging when they both grow older and something happens to the caregiver that leaves the disabled child with little support. Social Security provides a safety net for children—both young and old— who suffer from disabilities, as well as offers support to their families.
Eligibility Requirements for SSD for Children:
- Limited resources/no income for the family
- Under the age of 18 – this includes children, grandchildren, adopted children, or stepchildren
- OR under the age of 19 – if a child is also attending school full-time
- Older than 18 – Unmarried adult children who lost their parents or if those parents are claiming disability benefits. The child must have also been diagnosed with a disability before the age of 22.
These benefits are a necessity to many disabled people and their families, without which they cannot afford basic needs, like medical equipment, occupational therapy, tutoring, speech therapy, and more.
Social Security Disability Application in Piasa, IL – Let Our Disability Lawyers Help
The Social Security process and SSA involve an abundance of procedures, regulations, and rules—even unwritten ones. It’s a separate legal system with many nuances, courts, and judges of its own. This is why you need the help of a skilled attorney who knows the system inside and out to help ease your stress and avoid mistakes.
When you get our lawyers involved in the Social Security Disability application from the beginning, you benefit from our:
- Experience – We have been in business since 1976, which means we know what it takes to win a case and what kind of evidence the Social Security Administration (SSA) and administrative law judge look at.
- Speed – Avoid costly delays and get your benefits faster with our help.
- Advocacy – You need a strong advocate at your side who will not only present your case in the most favorable light, but also defend you in case there are medical advisors who are opposing your need.
- Results – In our multi-decade career, we have won over 10,000 cases for people across Missouri and Illinois.
Social Security Disability Appeal in Piasa, IL – Let Our Disability Lawyers Help
If you’ve been denied benefits, do not be discouraged. This happens in far too many cases so you are not alone. A Social Security Disability appeal will help you get stability and peace back into your life. You shouldn’t go about the appeal alone. Your odds of winning an appeal are greatly increased with Drummond Law disability lawyers by your side.
We help ensure you meet all the deadlines, follow the right steps, and send the right info before the hearing in front of a judge and Appeals Court. Then, we are right by your side to help you effectively and clearly present your need for benefits.
Do not delay! The SSA only allows a short period of time to start your appeal after receiving your denial letter.
Get in touch With Our Disability Lawyers in Piasa, IL | Contact Drummond Law
If you require Social Security for yourself or for a loved one, our disability lawyers in Piasa, IL, want to help you secure a bright financial future. Our passion for helping people across Illinois and Missouri has been our focus for over 30 years. To speak with our disability lawyers for a free claim evaluation, please contact us or call 800-842-0426.