SSD and SSI Disability Lawyers
Disability Lawyers in Ste. Genevieve, MO
Disability lawyers in Ste. Genevieve, MO. Disabilities are challenges that no one should have to face alone. That is why the government has provided assistance for those who are most vulnerable in our society with many different federal programs, such as:
- Social Security Disability Insurance – SSD Lawyers in Ste. Genevieve, MO
- Social Security Family Benefits – SSD For Children Lawyer in Ste. Genevieve, MO
- Supplemental Security Income – SSI Lawyers in Ste. Genevieve, MO
Unfortunately, it is not enough to simply be disabled in order to get these benefits. The Social Security Disability application not only requires highly detailed information, but this information should also be gathered and shown in a very specific manner. Any mistake you make could result in lengthening the time to get your benefits or, worse, an explicit denial — something that happens in over 60% of first-time applications. You should get a Social Security Disability lawyer in Ste. Genevieve, MO, involved from the outset to file for Social Security or appeal a denial.
If you or a loved one have a disability and limited resources for support, you could be entitled to Social Security benefits. Do not go about it alone. Whether you’re thinking of submitting a claim or have already been denied and need help with an appeal, our disability lawyers in Ste. Genevieve, MO, are happy to discuss the details of your case—free of charge—no matter what stage of the process you are in. Call 844-706-7710 or contact us here for a free claim evaluation.
Social Security Requirements in Ste. Genevieve, MO
There is a laundry list of requirements that the Social Security Administration take into consideration when deciding if an individual qualifies for benefits. Chief among them is whether or not you’re “disabled” with a medical condition that is expected to have a duration of 12 months or longer in addition to preventing you from doing full-time meaningful work.
The most common medical conditions that qualify an individual as “disabled:”
- Crohn’s disease
- Cancers of all kinds
- Blindness and hearing impairment
- Heart conditions
- Thyroid disorders
- Accidental or non-preventative injuries
- Multiple sclerosis
- Bipolar disorder
Approval for benefits is done on a case-by-case basis because there are many different medical conditions that the SSA may deem as a coverable disability. The SSA will look at the medical proof that your condition has rendered you unable to do the work you performed before. The SSA will then determine whether or not you are able to adjust to some other form of meaningful work and, if not, then you may take part in benefits from SSI, SSD, or another federal program. Learn more about the requirements for these programs below:
Social Security Disability Ste. Genevieve
One way to think of Social Security Disability is like an insurance plan. You become eligible if you have paid “premiums” in the form of FICA taxes—which are automatically withheld in your paycheck— into the Social Security trust fund over a long period of time that is recent. One thing to note is that age and education also matter to the SSA when awarding benefits.
Eligibility requirements for SSD:
- Work history/built-up work credits – In many cases, you need 40 credits in order to qualify, but some disabled younger people may still be able to qualify with fewer credits.
Supplemental Security Income Ste. Genevieve
The SSI program is meant for disabled people of any age and is generally needs-based. It is funded by the general fund taxes, making it available to people that have limited resources and therefore are unable to provide for themselves.
Eligibility Requirements for SSI
- Disability (any age)
- OR blindness (any age)
- OR age (65+)
- Limited/no income – less than $2,000 in assets for an individual and less than $3,000 for a couple
You might qualify for one or multiple of these programs; therefore, you need the assistance of our disability lawyers to see if your situation meets these qualifications. After determining which program is right for you, we’ll guide you through the application process. Get in touch with us to learn more.
Social Security Disability for Children Ste. Genevieve
Raising a child with a disability is one of the most difficult challenges a parent must face. And when both the child and the parent grow older, the child may be left with little support if something were to happen to the caregiver. Social Security provides a safety net for children—both young and old— who suffer from disabilities, as well as offers support to their families.
Eligibility Requirements for SSD for Children:
- Limited resources/no income for the family
- Under the age of 18 – this includes children, grandchildren, adopted children, or stepchildren
- OR under the age of 19 – if a child is also attending elementary or secondary school
- Older than 18 – Unmarried adult children who lost their parents or if those parents are claiming disability benefits. The child must have also been diagnosed with a disability before the age of 22.
These benefits are a necessity to many disabled children and their families, without which they cannot afford basic needs, such as medical equipment, occupational therapy, tutoring, speech therapy, and more.
Social Security Disability Application in Ste. Genevieve, MO – Let Our Disability Lawyers Help
The Social Security process and SSA involve thousands of procedures, regulations, and rules—even unwritten ones. It’s a separate legal system with many nuances, courts, and judges of its own. This is why you need the help of a skilled attorney who knows the system inside and out to help ease your stress and avoid mistakes.
When you get our lawyers involved in the Social Security Disability application from the beginning, you benefit from our:
- Experience – We have been in business since 1976, which means we know what it takes to win a case and what kind of evidence the Social Security Administration (SSA) and administrative law judge look at.
- Efficiency – We can often help you avoid costly delays in the process so that you can get the benefits you desperately need faster and at less cost to you.
- Advocacy – You will have a strong defender in your corner that is willing to fight for what you are entitled to.
- Results – In our multi-decade career, we have won over 10,000 cases for people across Missouri and Illinois.
Social Security Disability Appeal in Ste. Genevieve, MO – Let Our Disability Lawyers Help
If you’ve been denied benefits, do not give up. This happens in far too many cases so you are not alone. A Social Security Disability appeal will help you get stability and peace back into your life. You should not go about the appeal alone. The odds of winning your case are greatly improved with the help of Drummond Law disability lawyers.
We help ensure you meet all the deadlines, follow the right steps, and send the right information before the hearing in front of the Appeals Court and the judge. After that point, we are right beside you to help you clearly and effectively present your need for benefits.
Don’t delay! After receiving your denial letter, you only have a short window of time to start the appeals process.
Get in touch With Our Disability Lawyers in Ste. Genevieve, MO | Contact Drummond Law
If you require benefits for yourself or for a loved one, our disability lawyers in Ste. Genevieve, MO, want to help you get the security you need for the future. Our passion for helping people across Missouri and Illinois has been our focus for over 30 years. To speak with our disability lawyers for a free claim evaluation, feel free to contact us or call 844-706-7710.