SSD and SSI Disability Lawyers
Disability Lawyers in Vandalia, IL
Disability lawyers in Vandalia, IL. Having a disability while providing for yourself is a challenge that no one should face entirely on their own. That is why the U.S. has provided assistance for those who are most vulnerable in our society with a variety of federal programs, including:
- Social Security Disability Insurance – SSD Lawyers in Vandalia, IL
- Social Security Family Benefits – SSD For Children Lawyer in Vandalia, IL
- Supplemental Security Income – SSI Lawyers in Vandalia, IL
Unfortunately, being disabled is not enough to automatically receive benefits. The Social Security Disability application not only requires incredibly detailed info, but this info should also be gathered and shown in a very specific manner. Any mistep you make may result in delays to receiving your benefits or, worse, an explicit denial — something that happens in more than half of first-time applications. You need to get a Social Security Disability lawyer in Vandalia, IL, involved from the very beginning to file for Social Security or appeal a denial.
If you or a loved one have a disability and limited resources for support, you could be entitled to Social Security benefits. Don’t go about it alone. Whether you’re thinking of submitting a claim or have already been denied and need help with an appeal, our disability lawyers in Vandalia, IL, are happy to discuss the details of your case—free of charge—no matter what stage of the process you are in. Contact us or call 844-706-7710 for a free claim evaluation.
Social Security Requirements in Vandalia, IL
There is a long list of factors that the Social Security Administration looks at in determining if you are eligible. Chief among them is whether or not you are “disabled” with a medical condition that’s expected to have a duration of 12 months or longer in addition to preventing you from doing full-time meaningful work.
Common conditions that may qualify for disability:
- Crohn’s disease
- Cancers of all kinds
- Blindness and hearing impairment
- Heart conditions
- Thyroid disorders
- Accidental or non-preventative injuries
- Multiple sclerosis
- Bipolar disorder
Approval for benefits is done on a case-by-case basis because there are many different medical conditions that the SSA may deem as a coverable disability. The SSA will look at the medical proof that your condition has rendered you unable to do the work you performed before. The SSA will then determine whether or not you can adjust to other work and, if not, then you are entitled to benefits from SSD, SSI, or one of the other federal programs. Learn more about the requirements for these programs below:
Social Security Disability Vandalia
One way to think of Social Security Disability is like an insurance plan. You become eligible if you have paid “premiums” in the form of FICA taxes—which are automatically withheld in your paycheck— into the Social Security trust fund recently and over a sufficient period of time. One thing to note is that education level and age also matter to the Social Security Administration.
Eligibility requirements for SSD:
- Work history/built-up work credits – In many cases, you need 40 credits in order to qualify, but some disabled younger people may still be able to qualify with fewer credits.
Supplemental Security Income Vandalia
The SSI program is typically needs-based and meant for people of any age with a disability. It is funded by the general fund taxes, making it available to people with a low income in addition to being unable to provide basic necessities for themselves.
Eligibility Requirements for SSI
- Disability (any age)
- OR blindness (any age)
- OR age (65+)
- Limited/no income – less than $2,000 in assets for an individual and less than $3,000 for a couple
You may be eligible for any one of these programs or more than one at the same time. You need the help of our disability lawyers to see where you qualify. Once we determine which program is right for you that will cover your needs, we’ll help you get started on the application. Get in touch with us to learn more.
Social Security Disability for Children Vandalia
Raising a child with a disability is one of the most difficult challenges a parent must face. It makes it all the more challenging when they both grow older and something happens to the caregiver that leaves the disabled child with little support. Social Security provides a safety net for children—both young and old— who suffer from disabilities, as well as offers support to their families.
Eligibility Requirements for SSD for Children:
- Limited resources/no income for the family
- Under the age of 18 – this includes children, grandchildren, adopted children, or stepchildren
- OR under the age of 19 – if a child is also attending elementary or secondary school
- Older than 18 – Unmarried adult children whose parents have died or the parents have become disabled themselves and require benefits. The child must have also been diagnosed with a disability before the age of 22.
These benefits are a necessity to many disabled people and their families, without which they cannot afford basic needs, such as speech therapy, tutoring, occupational therapy, medical equipment, and more.
Social Security Disability Application in Vandalia, IL – Let Our Disability Lawyers Help
The SSA and Social Security process involve an abundance of rules, regulations, and procedures—even unwritten ones. It’s a legal system in and of itself with its own courts and judges that decide who gets disability benefits. This is why you need the help of a skilled lawyer who knows the system inside and out to help ease your stress and avoid mistakes.
When we are involved in the very first steps of the Social Security Disability application, you can benefit from our:
- Experience – We have been in business since 1976, which means we know what it takes to win a case and what kind of evidence the Social Security Administration (SSA) and administrative law judge look at.
- Efficiency – Avoid costly delays and get your benefits faster with our help.
- Advocacy – You need a strong advocate at your side who will not only present your case in the most favorable light, but also defend you in case there are medical advisors who are opposing your need.
- Results – In our multi-decade career, we have won over 10,000 cases for people across Missouri and Illinois.
Social Security Disability Appeal in Vandalia, IL – Let Our Disability Lawyers Help
If you’ve been denied benefits, do not believe that there is nothing else to do. This happens in far too many cases so you are not alone. A Social Security Disability appeal will help you get peace and stability back in your life. You shouldn’t take this on by yourself. Your odds of winning an appeal are greatly increased with Drummond Law disability lawyers by your side.
We help ensure you meet all the deadlines, follow the right steps, and send the right information before the hearing in front of the Appeals Court and the judge. Then, we are right by your side to help you effectively and clearly present your need for benefits.
Don’t delay! After receiving your denial letter, you only have a short window of time to start the appeals process.
Get in touch With Our Disability Lawyers in Vandalia, IL | Contact Drummond Law
Whether you need benefits for yourself or for a loved one, our disability lawyers in Vandalia, IL, want to help you secure a bright financial future. Our passion for helping people across Illinois and Missouri has been our focus for over 30 years. To talk to our disability lawyers for a free case review, feel free to contact us or call 844-706-7710.