SSD and SSI Disability Lawyers
Disability Lawyers in Gillespie, IL
Disability lawyers in Gillespie, IL. Having a disability while providing for yourself is a challenge that no one should face entirely on their own. That is why the government has provided a safety net for those who need it most in our society with many different federal programs, including:
- Social Security Disability Insurance – SSD Lawyers in Gillespie, IL
- Social Security Family Benefits – SSD For Children Lawyer in Gillespie, IL
- Supplemental Security Income – SSI Lawyers in Gillespie, IL
Unfortunately, it is not enough to simply be disabled in order to get these benefits. The Social Security Disability application not only calls for very detailed info, but this info should also be gathered and shown in a very specific manner. Any mistep you make may result in lengthening the time to get your benefits or, worse, an outright denial — something that occurs in over 60% of first-time applications. You need to get a Social Security Disability lawyer in Gillespie, IL, involved as soon as possible to file for Social Security or appeal a denial.
If you or a loved one have a disability and limited resources for support, you could be entitled to Social Security benefits. Do not go about it alone. Whether you are appealing a denial or merely thinKing about submitting a claim but don’t know where to start, our disability lawyers in Gillespie, IL, are open to talking about your case at no cost to you. Contact us or call 844-706-7710 for a free claim evaluation.
Social Security Requirements in Gillespie, IL
There is a long list of factors that the Social Security Administration looks at in determining if you are eligible. The biggest requirement being whether or not you’re affected with a disability that’s expected to last at least 12 months (or is chronic) and restricts you from doing full-time work.
Common conditions that may qualify for disability:
- Crohn’s disease
- Cancers of all kinds
- Blindness and hearing impairment
- Heart conditions
- Thyroid disorders
- Accidental or non-preventative injuries
- Multiple sclerosis
- Bipolar disorder
There are many more conditions not on this list that qualify in the eyes of the Social Security Administration, which is why approval is done on a case-by-case basis. The SSA will look at the documented proof that your condition has rendered you unable to do the work you performed before. They will then conclude whether or not you can adjust to other work and, if not, then you may take part in benefits from SSD, SSI, or one of the other federal programs. Learn more about the requirements for these programs below:
Social Security Disability Gillespie
One way to think of Social Security Disability is like an insurance plan. You become eligible if you have paid “premiums” in the form of FICA taxes—which are automatically withheld in your paycheck— into the Social Security trust fund over a long period of time that is recent. One thing to note is that age and education also matter to the Social Security Administration.
Eligibility requirements for SSD:
- Work history/built-up work credits – In many cases, you need 40 credits in order to qualify, but some disabled younger people may still be able to qualify with fewer credits.
Supplemental Security Income Gillespie
The SSI program is typically needs-based and meant for people of any age with a disability. Funding is taken from the general fund taxes, making it available to people that have limited resources and therefore are unable to provide for themselves.
Eligibility Requirements for SSI
- Disability (any age)
- OR age (65+)
- OR blindness (any age)
- No/limited income – less than $3,000 for a couple in assets and less than $2,000 for an individual
You may be eligible for any one of these programs or more than one at the same time. You need the help of our disability lawyers to see if your situation meets these qualifications. After determining which program is right for you, we’ll guide you through the application process. Get in touch with us to learn more.
Social Security Disability for Children Gillespie
No matter what the medical condition, caring for a child with disabilities is challenging for any parent. It makes it all the more challenging when they both grow older and something happens to the caregiver that leaves the disabled child with little support. Social Security provides a safety net for children—both young and old— who suffer from disabilities, as well as offers support to their families.
Eligibility Requirements for SSD for Children:
- Limited resources/no income for the family
- Under the age of 18 – this includes children, stepchildren, adopted children, or grandchildren
- OR under the age of 19 – if the child is also attending elementary or secondary school
- Older than 18 – Unmarried adult children whose parents have died or the parents have become disabled themselves and require benefits. The child must have also been diagnosed with a disability before the age of 22.
These benefits are a necessity to many disabled people and their families, without which they cannot afford basic needs, like speech therapy, tutoring, occupational therapy, medical equipment, and more.
Social Security Disability Application in Gillespie, IL – Let Our Disability Lawyers Help
The Social Security process and SSA involve an abundance of procedures, regulations, and rules—even unwritten ones. It’s a separate legal system with many nuances, courts, and judges of its own. This is why you need the help of an experienced attorney who knows the system inside and out to help you avoid mistakes and ease stress.
When we are involved in the very first steps of the Social Security Disability application, you can benefit from our:
- Expertise – We have been in business since 1976, which means we know what it takes to win a case and what kind of evidence the Social Security Administration (SSA) and administrative law judge look at.
- Speed – Avoid costly delays and get your benefits faster with our help.
- Advocacy – You need a strong advocate at your side who will not only present your case in the most favorable light, but also defend you in case there are medical advisors who are opposing your need.
- Results – In our multi-decade career, we have won over 10,000 cases for people across Missouri and Illinois.
Social Security Disability Appeal in Gillespie, IL – Let Our Disability Lawyers Help
If you’ve been denied benefits, do not give up. Most applications are denied the first time, and a Social Security Disability appeal may be necessary to get peace and stability back in your life. You should not go about the appeal alone. The odds of winning your case are greatly improved with the help of Drummond Law disability lawyers.
We help ensure you follow the necessary steps, meet deadline dates, and send the right information before the hearing in front of the Appeals Court and the judge. Then, we are right by your side to help you effectively and clearly present your need for benefits.
Do not delay! The SSA only allows a short period of time to start your appeal after receiving your denial letter.
Get in touch With Our Disability Lawyers in Gillespie, IL | Contact Drummond Law
Whether you need benefits for yourself or for a loved one, our disability lawyers in Gillespie, IL, can help get the security you need for the future. Our passion for helping people across Missouri and Illinois has been our focus for over 30 years. To talk to our disability lawyers for a free case review, feel free to contact us or call 844-706-7710.