SSD and SSI Disability Lawyers
Disability Lawyers in Hillsboro, IL
Disability lawyers in Hillsboro, IL. When serious health problems keep you from working, it can be scary knowing how you will get financial relief moving forward. That is why the government has provided a safety net for those who are most vulnerable in our society with a variety of federal programs, such as:
- Social Security Family Benefits – SSD For Children Lawyer in Hillsboro, IL
- Social Security Disability Insurance – SSD Lawyers in Hillsboro, IL
- Supplemental Security Income – SSI Lawyers in Hillsboro, IL
Unfortunately, being disabled is not enough to automatically receive benefits. The Social Security process not only calls for incredibly detailed info, but this information should also be gathered and shown in a very specific manner. Any mistake you make may result in delays to receiving your benefits or, worse, an outright denial — something that occurs in over 60% of first-time applications. You need to get a Social Security Disability lawyer in Hillsboro, IL, involved from the very beginning to file for Social Security or appeal a denial.
If you or a loved one have limited resources and may qualify for Social Security due to a disability, don’t go about it alone. Whether you are thinking of submitting a claim or have already been denied and need help with an appeal, our disability lawyers in Hillsboro, IL, are happy to discuss the details of your case—free of charge—no matter what stage of the process you are in. Contact us or call 800-842-0426 for a free claim evaluation.
Social Security Requirements in Hillsboro, IL
There is a laundry list of requirements that the Social Security Administration take into consideration when deciding if an individual qualifies for benefits. The biggest requirement being whether or not you are affected with a disability that is expected to have a duration of 12 months or longer in addition to preventing you from doing full-time meaningful work.
Common conditions that may qualify for disability:
- Cancers of all kinds
- Accidental or non-preventative injuries
- Heart conditions
- Blindness and hearing impairment
- Thyroid disorders
- Multiple sclerosis
- Crohn’s disease
- Bipolar disorder
Approval for benefits is done on a case-by-case basis because there are many different medical conditions that the SSA may deem as a coverable disability. The SSA will look at the medical proof that your condition is preventing you from doing the work you were able to do before. They will then conclude whether or not you are able to adjust to other work and, if not, then you are entitled to benefits from SSD, SSI, or one of the other federal programs. Learn more about the requirements for these programs below:
Social Security Disability Hillsboro
One way to think of Social Security Disability is like an insurance plan. As in, you become eligible if you pay FICA taxes (a.k.a. your “premiums” which are automatically withheld from your paycheck) into the Social Security trust fund over a long period of time that is recent. One thing to note is that education level and age also matter to the SSA when awarding benefits.
Eligibility requirements for SSD:
- Work history/built-up work credits – In most cases, 40 credits are required but younger people may still be eligible with fewer.
Supplemental Security Income Hillsboro
The SSI program is typically needs-based and meant for people of any age with a disability. It is funded by the general fund taxes, making it available to people with a low income in addition to being unable to provide basic necessities for themselves.
Eligibility Requirements for SSI
- Disability (any age)
- OR age (65+)
- OR blindness (any age)
- No/limited income – less than $3,000 for a couple in assets and less than $2,000 for an individual
You might qualify for one or multiple of these programs; therefore, you need the assistance of our disability lawyers to see if your situation meets these qualifications. After determining which program is right for you, we’ll guide you through the application process. Contact us now to get started.
Social Security Disability for Children Hillsboro
No matter what the medical condition, caring for a child with disabilities is challenging for any parent. It makes it all the more challenging when they both grow older and something happens to the caregiver that leaves the disabled child with little support. Social Security provides a safety net for children—both young and old— who suffer from disabilities, as well as offers support to their families.
Eligibility Requirements for SSD for Children:
- Limited resources/no income for the family
- Under the age of 18 – this includes children, grandchildren, adopted children, or stepchildren
- OR under the age of 19 – if the child is also attending school full-time
- Older than 18 – Unmarried adult children who lost their parents or if those parents are claiming disability benefits. The child must have also been diagnosed with a disability before the age of 22.
These benefits are a necessity to many disabled people and their families, without which they cannot afford basic needs, like medical equipment, occupational therapy, tutoring, speech therapy, and more.
Social Security Disability Application in Hillsboro, IL – Let Our Disability Lawyers Help
The SSA and Social Security process involve an abundance of rules, regulations, and procedures—even unwritten ones. It’s a separate legal system with many nuances, courts, and judges of its own. This is why you need the help of an experienced attorney who knows the system inside and out to help you avoid mistakes and ease stress.
When we are involved in the very first steps of the Social Security Disability application, you can benefit from our:
- Experience – We have been in business since 1976, which means we know what it takes to win a case and what kind of evidence the Social Security Administration (SSA) and administrative law judge look at.
- Speed – We can often help you avoid costly delays in the process so that you can get the benefits you desperately need faster and at less cost to you.
- Advocacy – You need a strong advocate at your side who will not only present your case in the most favorable light, but also defend you in case there are medical advisors who are opposing your need.
- Results – We have won over 10,000 cases in our multi-decade career. In general, more benefits are awarded when you have representation on your side at the beginning of the Social Security Disability application.
Social Security Disability Appeal in Hillsboro, IL – Let Our Disability Lawyers Help
If you have submitted a request for any of the above benefit programs and were subsequently denied, do not give up. Most applications are denied the first time, and a Social Security Disability appeal may be necessary to get peace and stability back into your life. You shouldn’t go about the appeal alone. The odds of winning your case are greatly improved with the help of Drummond Law disability lawyers.
We help ensure you meet all the deadlines, follow the right steps, and send the right info before the hearing in front of the Appeals Court and the judge. Then, we are right beside you to help you effectively and clearly present your need for benefits.
Do not delay! The SSA only allows a short period of time to start your appeal after receiving your denial letter.
Get in touch With Our Disability Lawyers in Hillsboro, IL | Contact Drummond Law
Whether you need benefits for yourself or for a loved one, our disability lawyers in Hillsboro, IL, want to help you get the security you need for the future. Our passion for helping people across Illinois and Missouri has been our driving force since 1976. To talk to our disability lawyers for a free case review, please contact us or call 800-842-0426.