SSD and SSI Disability Lawyers
Disability Lawyers in Jefferson County, IL
Disability lawyers in Jefferson County, IL. When serious health problems keep you from working, it can be scary knowing how you will get financial relief moving forward. That’s why our country has provided a safety net for those who need it most in our society with a variety of federal programs, including:
- Social Security Family Benefits – SSD For Children Lawyer in Jefferson County, IL
- Social Security Disability Insurance – SSD Lawyers in Jefferson County, IL
- Supplemental Security Income – SSI Lawyers in Jefferson County, IL
Unfortunately, being disabled is not enough to automatically receive benefits. The Social Security Disability application not only requires highly detailed information, but this information must also be presented in an exact, nuanced way. Any mistake you make may result in lengthening the time to get your benefits or, worse, an outright denial — something that occurs in over 60% of first-time applications. You should get a Social Security Disability lawyer in Jefferson County, IL, involved as soon as possible to file for Social Security or appeal a denial.
If you or a loved one have limited resources and may qualify for Social Security due to a disability, do not go about it alone. Whether you are thinking of submitting a claim or have already been denied and need help with an appeal, our disability lawyers in Jefferson County, IL, are open to talking about your case at no cost to you. Call 844-706-7710 or contact us here for a free case review.
Social Security Requirements in Jefferson County, IL
There are many different requirements that the Social Security Administration (SSA) take into account when awarding benefits. Chief among them is whether or not you are affected with a disability that is expected to last at least 12 months (or is chronic) and restricts you from doing full-time work.
The most common medical conditions that qualify an individual as “disabled:”
- Cancers of all kinds
- Accidental or non-preventative injuries
- Heart conditions
- Blindness and hearing impairment
- Thyroid disorders
- Multiple sclerosis
- Crohn’s disease
- Bipolar disorder
There are many more conditions not on this list that qualify in the eyes of the Social Security Administration, which is why approval is done on a case-by-case basis. The SSA will look at the documented proof that your condition is preventing you from doing the work you were able to do before. The SSA will then determine whether or not you can adjust to other work and, if not, then you are entitled to benefits from SSI, SSD, or another federal program. Learn more about the requirements for these programs below:
Social Security Disability Jefferson County
One of the easiest ways to understand the SSD program is to think of it as an insurance plan. You become eligible if you have paid “premiums” in the form of FICA taxes—which are automatically withheld in your paycheck— into the Social Security trust fund over a long period of time that is recent. One thing to note is that age and education also matter to the SSA when awarding benefits.
Eligibility requirements for SSD:
- Work history/built-up work credits – In many cases, you need 40 credits in order to qualify, but some disabled younger people may still be able to qualify with fewer credits.
Supplemental Security Income Jefferson County
The SSI program is meant for disabled people of any age and is generally needs-based. Funding is taken from the general fund taxes, making it available to people that have limited resources and therefore are unable to provide for themselves.
Eligibility Requirements for SSI
- Disability (any age)
- OR age (65+)
- OR blindness (any age)
- No/limited income – less than $3,000 for a couple in assets and less than $2,000 for an individual
You may be eligible for any one of these programs or more than one at the same time. You need the help of our disability lawyers to see if your situation meets these qualifications. After determining which program is right for you, we’ll guide you through the application process. Contact us now to get started.
Social Security Disability for Children Jefferson County
No matter what the medical condition, caring for a child with disabilities is challenging for any parent. And when both the child and the parent grow older, the child may be left with little support if something were to happen to the caregiver. Social Security provides a safety net for children—both young and old— who suffer from disabilities, as well as offers support to their families.
Eligibility Requirements for SSD for Children:
- Limited resources/no income for the family
- Under the age of 18 – this includes children, stepchildren, adopted children, or grandchildren
- OR under the age of 19 – if a child is also attending school full-time
- Older than 18 – Unmarried adult children whose parents have died or the parents have become disabled themselves and require benefits. The child must have also been diagnosed with a disability before 22 years of age.
These benefits are a necessity to many disabled people and their families, without which they cannot afford basic needs, such as speech therapy, medical equipment, occupational therapy, tutoring, and more.
Social Security Disability Application in Jefferson County, IL – Let Our Disability Lawyers Help
The SSA and Social Security process involve an abundance of procedures, regulations, and rules—even unwritten ones. It’s a separate legal system with many nuances, courts, and judges of its own. This is why you need the help of an experienced attorney who knows the system inside and out to help you avoid mistakes and ease stress.
When we are involved in the very first steps of the Social Security Disability application, you can benefit from our:
- Experience – We’ve been helping people since 1976 and know how to win cases.
- Speed – We can often help you avoid costly delays in the process so that you can get the benefits you desperately need faster and at less cost to you.
- Advocacy – You need a strong advocate at your side who will not only present your case in the most favorable light, but also defend you in case there are medical advisors who are opposing your need.
- Results – We have won over 10,000 cases in our multi-decade career. In general, more benefits are awarded when you have representation on your side at the beginning of the Social Security Disability application.
Social Security Disability Appeal in Jefferson County, IL – Let Our Disability Lawyers Help
If you have submitted a request for any of the above benefit programs and were subsequently denied, do not be discouraged. This happens in far too many cases so you are not alone. A Social Security Disability appeal will help you get peace and stability back into your life. You shouldn’t go about the appeal alone. The odds of winning your case are greatly improved with the help of Drummond Law disability lawyers.
We help ensure you meet all the deadlines, follow the right steps, and send the right information before the hearing in front of the Appeals Court and the judge. Then, we are right beside you to help you clearly and effectively present your need for benefits.
Do not delay! After receiving your denial letter, you only have a short window of time to start the appeals process.
Get in touch With Our Disability Lawyers in Jefferson County, IL | Contact Drummond Law
Whether you need benefits for yourself or for a loved one, our disability lawyers in Jefferson County, IL, can help secure a bright financial future. Our passion for helping people across Illinois and Missouri has been our focus since 1976. To talk to our disability lawyers for a free case review, feel free to contact us or call 844-706-7710.