SSD and SSI Disability Lawyers
Disability Lawyers in Mercer County, IL
Disability lawyers in Mercer County, IL. Having a disability while providing for yourself is a challenge that no one should face entirely on their own. That is why the government has provided assistance for those who are most vulnerable in our society with a variety of federal programs, including:
- Social Security Disability Insurance – SSD Lawyers in Mercer County, IL
- Social Security Family Benefits – SSD For Children Lawyer in Mercer County, IL
- Supplemental Security Income – SSI Lawyers in Mercer County, IL
Unfortunately, it is not enough to simply be disabled in order to get these benefits. The Social Security Disability application not only calls for highly detailed information, but this info must also be presented in an exact, nuanced way. Any mistake you make may result in lengthening the time to get your benefits or, worse, an explicit denial — something that happens in over 60% of first-time applications. You should get a Social Security Disability lawyer in Mercer County, IL, involved from the outset to file an application or appeal a denial.
If you or a loved one have a disability and limited resources for support, you could be entitled to Social Security benefits. Do not go about it alone. Whether you are thinking of submitting a claim or have already been denied and need help with an appeal, our disability lawyers in Mercer County, IL, are open to talking about your case at no cost to you. Call 844-706-7710 or contact us here for a free claim evaluation.
Social Security Requirements in Mercer County, IL
There is a long list of factors that the Social Security Administration looks at in determining if you are eligible. The biggest requirement being whether or not you are “disabled” with a medical condition that’s expected to last at least 12 months (or is chronic) and restricts you from doing full-time work.
The most common medical conditions that qualify an individual as “disabled:”
- Blindness and hearing impairment
- Cancers of all kinds
- Heart conditions
- Thyroid disorders
- Accidental or non-preventative injuries
- Bipolar disorder
- Crohn’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
Approval for benefits is done on a case-by-case basis because there are many different medical conditions that the SSA may deem as a coverable disability. The SSA will look at the medical proof that your condition has rendered you unable to do the work you performed before. The SSA will then determine whether or not you can adjust to some other form of meaningful work and, if not, then you may take part in benefits from SSI, SSD, or another federal program. Learn more about the requirements for these programs below:
Social Security Disability Mercer County
One of the easiest ways to understand the SSD program is to think of it as an insurance plan. You become eligible if you have paid “premiums” in the form of FICA taxes—which are automatically withheld in your paycheck— into the Social Security trust fund recently and over a sufficient period of time. One thing to note is that age and education also matter to the Social Security Administration.
Eligibility requirements for SSD:
- Work history/built-up work credits – In most cases, 40 credits are required but younger people may still be eligible with fewer.
Supplemental Security Income Mercer County
The SSI program is meant for disabled people of any age and is generally needs-based. It is funded by the general fund taxes, making it available to people that have limited resources and therefore are unable to provide for themselves.
Eligibility Requirements for SSI
- Disability (any age)
- OR age (65+)
- OR blindness (any age)
- No/limited income – less than $3,000 for a couple in assets and less than $2,000 for an individual
You may be eligible for any one of these programs or more than one at the same time. You need the help of our disability lawyers to see where you qualify. Once we determine which program is right for you that will cover your needs, we’ll help you get started on the application. Get in touch with us to learn more.
Social Security Disability for Children Mercer County
Raising a child with a disability is one of the most difficult challenges a parent must face. It makes it all the more challenging when they both grow older and something happens to the caregiver that leaves the disabled child with little support. Social Security provides a safety net for children—both young and old— who suffer from disabilities, as well as offers support to their families.
Eligibility Requirements for SSD for Children:
- Limited resources/no income for the family
- Under the age of 18 – this includes children, grandchildren, adopted children, or stepchildren
- OR under the age of 19 – if the child is also attending elementary or secondary school
- Older than 18 – Unmarried adult children whose parents have died or the parents have become disabled themselves and require benefits. The child must have also been diagnosed with a disability before the age of 22.
These benefits are a necessity to many disabled people and their families, without which they cannot afford basic needs, such as speech therapy, tutoring, occupational therapy, medical equipment, and more.
Social Security Disability Application in Mercer County, IL – Let Our Disability Lawyers Help
The SSA and Social Security process involve thousands of procedures, regulations, and rules—even unwritten ones. It’s a legal system in and of itself with its own courts and judges that decide who gets disability benefits. This is why you need the help of a skilled lawyer who knows the system inside and out to help ease your stress and avoid mistakes.
When we are involved in the very first steps of the Social Security Disability application, you can benefit from our:
- Experience – We have been in business since 1976, which means we know what it takes to win a case and what kind of evidence the Social Security Administration (SSA) and administrative law judge look at.
- Efficiency – We can often help you avoid costly delays in the process so that you can get the benefits you desperately need faster and at less cost to you.
- Advocacy – You need a strong advocate at your side who will not only present your case in the most favorable light, but also defend you in case there are medical advisors who are opposing your need.
- Results – We have won over 10,000 cases in our multi-decade career. In general, more benefits are awarded when you have representation on your side at the beginning of the Social Security Disability application.
Social Security Disability Appeal in Mercer County, IL – Let Our Disability Lawyers Help
If you’ve been denied benefits, do not give up. This happens in far too many cases so you are not alone. A Social Security Disability appeal will help you get stability and peace back into your life. You shouldn’t go about the appeal alone. The odds of winning your case are greatly improved with the help of Drummond Law disability lawyers.
We help ensure you meet all the deadlines, follow the right steps, and send the right information before the hearing in front of the Appeals Court and the judge. After that point, we are right beside you to help you clearly and effectively present your need for benefits.
Do not delay! The SSA only allows a short period of time to start your appeal after receiving your denial letter.
Get in touch With Our Disability Lawyers in Mercer County, IL | Contact Drummond Law
If you require benefits for yourself or for a loved one, our disability lawyers in Mercer County, IL, can help secure a bright financial future. Our passion for helping people across Missouri and Illinois has been our focus since 1976. To talk to our disability lawyers for a free claim evaluation, please contact us or call 844-706-7710.