SSD and SSI Disability Lawyers
Disability Lawyers in Saint Peters, MO
Disability lawyers in Saint Peters, MO. Having a disability while providing for yourself is a challenge that no one should face entirely on their own. That is why the U.S. has provided a safety net for those who are most vulnerable in our society with many different federal programs, such as:
- Social Security Family Benefits – SSD For Children Lawyer in Saint Peters, MO
- Social Security Disability Insurance – SSD Lawyers in Saint Peters, MO
- Supplemental Security Income – SSI Lawyers in Saint Peters, MO
Unfortunately, it is not enough to simply be disabled in order to get these benefits. The Social Security Disability application not only requires incredibly detailed information, but this info should also be gathered and shown in a very specific manner. Any mistep you make could result in delays to receiving your benefits or, worse, an explicit denial — something that occurs in over 60% of first-time applications. You should get a Social Security Disability lawyer in Saint Peters, MO, involved from the very beginning to file an application or appeal a denial.
If you or a loved one have limited resources and may qualify for Social Security due to a disability, don’t go about it alone. Whether you’re appealing a denial or merely thinKing about submitting a claim but don’t know where to start, our disability lawyers in Saint Peters, MO, are happy to discuss the details of your case—free of charge—no matter what stage of the process you are in. Contact us or call 844-706-7710 for a free claim evaluation.
Social Security Requirements in Saint Peters, MO
There is a long list of factors that the Social Security Administration looks at in determining if you are eligible. The biggest requirement being whether or not you are affected with a disability that’s expected to have a duration of 12 months or longer in addition to preventing you from doing full-time meaningful work.
Common conditions that may qualify for disability:
- Crohn’s disease
- Cancers of all kinds
- Blindness and hearing impairment
- Heart conditions
- Thyroid disorders
- Accidental or non-preventative injuries
- Multiple sclerosis
- Bipolar disorder
Approval for benefits is done on a case-by-case basis because there are many different medical conditions that the SSA may deem as a coverable disability. The SSA will look at the documented proof that your condition has rendered you unable to do the work you performed before. They will then determine whether or not you are able to adjust to other work and, if not, then you are entitled to benefits from SSD, SSI, or one of the other federal programs. Learn more about the requirements for these programs below:
Social Security Disability Saint Peters
One of the easiest ways to understand the SSD program is to think of it as an insurance plan. As in, you become eligible if you pay FICA taxes (a.k.a. your “premiums” which are automatically withheld from your paycheck) into the Social Security trust fund recently and over a sufficient period of time. One thing to note is that age and education also matter to the SSA when awarding benefits.
Eligibility requirements for SSD:
- Work history/built-up work credits – In most cases, 40 credits are required but younger people may still be eligible with fewer.
Supplemental Security Income Saint Peters
The SSI program is typically needs-based and meant for people of any age with a disability. It is funded by the general fund taxes, making it available to people that have limited resources and therefore are unable to provide for themselves.
Eligibility Requirements for SSI
- Disability (any age)
- OR blindness (any age)
- OR age (65+)
- Limited/no income – less than $2,000 in assets for an individual and less than $3,000 for a couple
You might qualify for one or multiple of these programs; therefore, you need the assistance of our disability lawyers to see if your situation meets these qualifications. After determining which program is right for you, we’ll guide you through the application process. Contact us now to get started.
Social Security Disability for Children Saint Peters
No matter what the medical condition, caring for a child with disabilities is challenging for any parent. It makes it all the more challenging when they both grow older and something happens to the caregiver that leaves the disabled child with little support. Social Security is there to offer assistance to disabled young children, adult children, and their families.
Eligibility Requirements for SSD for Children:
- No income/limited resources for the family
- Under the age of 18 – this includes children, grandchildren, adopted children, or stepchildren
- OR under the age of 19 – if the child is also attending elementary or secondary school
- Older than 18 – Unmarried adult children whose parents have died or the parents have become disabled themselves and require benefits. The child must have also been diagnosed with a disability before the age of 22.
These benefits are a necessity to many disabled people and their families, without which they cannot afford basic needs, such as medical equipment, occupational therapy, tutoring, speech therapy, and more.
Social Security Disability Application in Saint Peters, MO – Let Our Disability Lawyers Help
The SSA and Social Security process involve an abundance of procedures, regulations, and rules—even unwritten ones. It’s a legal system in and of itself with its own courts and judges that decide who gets disability benefits. This is why you need the help of an experienced attorney who knows the system inside and out to help you avoid mistakes and ease stress.
When you get our lawyers involved in the Social Security Disability application from the beginning, you benefit from our:
- Experience – We have been in business since 1976, which means we know what it takes to win a case and what kind of evidence the Social Security Administration (SSA) and administrative law judge look at.
- Efficiency – We can often help you avoid costly delays in the process so that you can get the benefits you desperately need faster and at less cost to you.
- Advocacy – You will have a strong defender in your corner that is willing to fight for what you are entitled to.
- Results – In our multi-decade career, we have won over 10,000 cases for people across Missouri and Illinois.
Social Security Disability Appeal in Saint Peters, MO – Let Our Disability Lawyers Help
If you have submitted a request for any of the above benefit programs and were subsequently denied, do not give up. Most applications are denied the first time, and a Social Security Disability appeal may be necessary to get stability and peace back into your life. You should not go about the appeal alone. Your odds of winning an appeal are greatly increased with Drummond Law disability lawyers by your side.
We help ensure you follow the necessary steps, meet deadline dates, and send the right info before the hearing in front of the Appeals Court and the judge. Then, we are right beside you to help you effectively and clearly present your need for benefits.
Don’t delay! After receiving your denial letter, you only have a short window of time to start the appeals process.
Get in touch With Our Disability Lawyers in Saint Peters, MO | Contact Drummond Law
Whether you need benefits for yourself or for a loved one, our disability lawyers in Saint Peters, MO, can help secure a bright financial future. Our passion for helping people across Missouri and Illinois has been our focus since 1976. To speak with our disability lawyers for a free case review, feel free to contact us or call 844-706-7710.