SSD and SSI Disability Lawyers
Disability Lawyers in Cape Girardeau, MO
Disability lawyers in Cape Girardeau, MO. Disabilities are challenges that no one should have to face alone. That’s why the government has provided a safety net for those who need it most in our society with many different federal programs, such as:
- Social Security Disability Insurance – SSD Lawyers in Cape Girardeau, MO
- Social Security Family Benefits – SSD For Children Lawyer in Cape Girardeau, MO
- Supplemental Security Income – SSI Lawyers in Cape Girardeau, MO
Unfortunately, being disabled is not enough to automatically receive benefits. The Social Security process not only calls for highly detailed information, but this info must also be presented in an exact, nuanced way. Any mistake you make could result in lengthening the time to get your benefits or, worse, an outright denial — something that happens in more than half of first-time applications. You should get a Social Security Disability lawyer in Cape Girardeau, MO, involved as soon as possible to file an application or appeal a denial.
If you or a loved one have a disability and limited resources for support, you could be entitled to Social Security benefits. Don’t go about it alone. Whether you are thinking of submitting a claim or have already been denied and need help with an appeal, our disability lawyers in Cape Girardeau, MO, are happy to discuss the details of your case—free of charge—no matter what stage of the process you are in. Contact us or call 800-842-0426 for a free case review.
Social Security Requirements in Cape Girardeau, MO
There are many different requirements that the Social Security Administration (SSA) take into account when awarding benefits. The biggest requirement being whether or not you are affected with a disability that is expected to have a duration of 12 months or longer in addition to preventing you from doing full-time meaningful work.
Common conditions that may qualify for disability:
- Blindness and hearing impairment
- Cancers of all kinds
- Heart conditions
- Thyroid disorders
- Accidental or non-preventative injuries
- Bipolar disorder
- Crohn’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
There are many more conditions not on this list that qualify in the eyes of the Social Security Administration, which is why approval is done on a case-by-case basis. The SSA will look at the documented proof that your condition is preventing you from doing the work you were able to do before. The SSA will then determine whether or not you can adjust to other work and, if not, then you may take part in benefits from SSI, SSD, or another federal program. Learn more about the requirements for these programs below:
Social Security Disability Cape Girardeau
One of the easiest ways to understand the SSD program is to think of it as an insurance plan. You become eligible if you have paid “premiums” in the form of FICA taxes—which are automatically withheld in your paycheck— into the Social Security trust fund over a long period of time that is recent. One thing to note is that age and education also matter to the Social Security Administration.
Eligibility requirements for SSD:
- Work history/built-up work credits – In many cases, you need 40 credits in order to qualify, but some disabled younger people may still be able to qualify with fewer credits.
Supplemental Security Income Cape Girardeau
The SSI program is typically needs-based and meant for people of any age with a disability. It is funded by the general fund taxes, making it available to people with a low income in addition to being unable to provide basic necessities for themselves.
Eligibility Requirements for SSI
- Disability (any age)
- OR blindness (any age)
- OR age (65+)
- Limited/no income – less than $2,000 in assets for an individual and less than $3,000 for a couple
You may be eligible for any one of these programs or more than one at the same time. You need the help of our disability lawyers to see where you qualify. After determining which program is right for you, we’ll guide you through the application process. Get in touch with us to learn more.
Social Security Disability for Children Cape Girardeau
Raising a child with a disability is one of the most difficult challenges a parent must face. It makes it all the more challenging when they both grow older and something happens to the caregiver that leaves the disabled child with little support. Social Security provides a safety net for children—both young and old— who suffer from disabilities, as well as offers support to their families.
Eligibility Requirements for SSD for Children:
- No income/limited resources for the family
- Under the age of 18 – this includes children, stepchildren, adopted children, or grandchildren
- OR under the age of 19 – if a child is also attending school full-time
- Older than 18 – Unmarried adult children who lost their parents or if those parents are claiming disability benefits. The child must have also been diagnosed with a disability before 22 years of age.
These benefits are a necessity to many disabled people and their families, without which they cannot afford basic needs, like speech therapy, tutoring, occupational therapy, medical equipment, and more.
Social Security Disability Application in Cape Girardeau, MO – Let Our Disability Lawyers Help
The SSA and Social Security process involve an abundance of procedures, regulations, and rules—even unwritten ones. It’s a separate legal system with many nuances, courts, and judges of its own. This is why you need the help of an experienced lawyer who knows the system inside and out to help ease your stress and avoid mistakes.
When we are involved in the very first steps of the Social Security Disability application, you can benefit from our:
- Experience – We have been in business since 1976, which means we know what it takes to win a case and what kind of evidence the Social Security Administration (SSA) and administrative law judge look at.
- Speed – We can often help you avoid costly delays in the process so that you can get the benefits you desperately need faster and at less cost to you.
- Advocacy – You need a strong advocate at your side who will not only present your case in the most favorable light, but also defend you in case there are medical advisors who are opposing your need.
- Results – In our multi-decade career, we have won over 10,000 cases for people across Missouri and Illinois.
Social Security Disability Appeal in Cape Girardeau, MO – Let Our Disability Lawyers Help
If you have submitted a request for any of the above benefit programs and were subsequently denied, do not give up. Most applications are denied the first time, and a Social Security Disability appeal may be necessary to get stability and peace back in your life. You shouldn’t go about the appeal alone. Your odds of winning an appeal are greatly increased with Drummond Law disability lawyers by your side.
We help ensure you follow the necessary steps, meet deadline dates, and send the right information before the hearing in front of the Appeals Court and the judge. After that point, we are right beside you to help you clearly and effectively present your need for benefits.
Do not delay! The SSA only allows a short period of time to start your appeal after receiving your denial letter.
Get in touch With Our Disability Lawyers in Cape Girardeau, MO | Contact Drummond Law
Whether you need Social Security for yourself or for a loved one, our disability lawyers in Cape Girardeau, MO, can help get the security you need for the future. Our passion for helping people across Illinois and Missouri has been our focus since 1976. To speak with our disability lawyers for a free case review, please contact us or call 800-842-0426.