SSD and SSI Disability Lawyers
Disability Lawyers in Owaneco, IL
Disability lawyers in Owaneco, IL. Nobody should face the challenge of having to provide for themselves when a disability makes it difficult to do so. That’s why the United States has provided a safety net for those who are most vulnerable in our society with a variety of federal programs, such as:
- Social Security Disability Insurance – SSD Lawyers in Owaneco, IL
- Social Security Family Benefits – SSD For Children Lawyer in Owaneco, IL
- Supplemental Security Income – SSI Lawyers in Owaneco, IL
Unfortunately, being disabled is not enough to automatically receive benefits. The Social Security process not only requires incredibly detailed info, but this info must also be presented in an exact, nuanced way. Any mistake you make may result in lengthening the time to get your benefits or, worse, an explicit denial — something that occurs in over 60% of first-time applications. You should get a Social Security Disability lawyer in Owaneco, IL, involved from the very beginning to file for Social Security or appeal a denial.
If you or a loved one have limited resources and may qualify for Social Security due to a disability, don’t go about it alone. Whether you’re appealing a denial or merely thinKing about submitting a claim but don’t know where to start, our disability lawyers in Owaneco, IL, are open to talking about your case at no cost to you. Call 844-706-7710 or contact us here for a free claim evaluation.
Social Security Requirements in Owaneco, IL
There are many different requirements that the Social Security Administration (SSA) take into account when awarding benefits. Chief among them is whether or not you are “disabled” with a medical condition that’s expected to last at least 12 months (or is chronic) and restricts you from doing full-time work.
The most common medical conditions that qualify an individual as “disabled:”
- Blindness and hearing impairment
- Cancers of all kinds
- Heart conditions
- Thyroid disorders
- Accidental or non-preventative injuries
- Bipolar disorder
- Crohn’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
Approval for benefits is done on a case-by-case basis because there are many different medical conditions that the SSA may deem as a coverable disability. The SSA will look at the medical proof that your condition has rendered you unable to do the work you performed before. They will then determine whether or not you are able to adjust to some other form of meaningful work and, if not, then you are entitled to benefits from SSI, SSD, or another federal program. Learn more about the requirements for these programs below:
Social Security Disability Owaneco
One of the easiest ways to understand the SSD program is to think of it as an insurance plan. You become eligible if you have paid “premiums” in the form of FICA taxes—which are automatically withheld in your paycheck— into the Social Security trust fund over a long period of time that is recent. One thing to note is that age and education also matter to the Social Security Administration.
Eligibility requirements for SSD:
- Work history/built-up work credits – In many cases, you need 40 credits in order to qualify, but some disabled younger people may still be able to qualify with fewer credits.
Supplemental Security Income Owaneco
The SSI program is meant for disabled people of any age and is generally needs-based. It is funded by the general fund taxes, making it available to people that have limited resources and therefore are unable to provide for themselves.
Eligibility Requirements for SSI
- Disability (any age)
- OR age (65+)
- OR blindness (any age)
- No/limited income – less than $3,000 for a couple in assets and less than $2,000 for an individual
You might qualify for one or multiple of these programs; therefore, you need the assistance of our disability lawyers to see where you qualify. After determining which program is right for you, we’ll guide you through the application process. Get in touch with us to learn more.
Social Security Disability for Children Owaneco
Raising a child with a disability is one of the most difficult challenges a parent must face. And when both the child and the parent grow older, the child may be left with little support if something were to happen to the caregiver. Social Security is there to offer assistance to disabled young children, adult children, and their families.
Eligibility Requirements for SSD for Children:
- No income/limited resources for the family
- Under the age of 18 – this includes children, stepchildren, adopted children, or grandchildren
- OR under the age of 19 – if a child is also attending school full-time
- Older than 18 – Unmarried adult children who lost their parents or if those parents are claiming disability benefits. The child must have also been diagnosed with a disability before the age of 22.
These benefits are a necessity to many disabled people and their families, without which they cannot afford basic needs, such as speech therapy, tutoring, occupational therapy, medical equipment, and more.
Social Security Disability Application in Owaneco, IL – Let Our Disability Lawyers Help
The SSA and Social Security process involve thousands of rules, regulations, and procedures—even unwritten ones. It’s a separate legal system with many nuances, courts, and judges of its own. This is why you need the help of a skilled lawyer who knows the system inside and out to help ease your stress and avoid mistakes.
When you get our lawyers involved in the Social Security Disability application from the beginning, you benefit from our:
- Experience – We’ve been helping people since 1976 and know how to win cases.
- Speed – Avoid costly delays and get your benefits faster with our help.
- Advocacy – You need a strong advocate at your side who will not only present your case in the most favorable light, but also defend you in case there are medical advisors who are opposing your need.
- Results – We have won over 10,000 cases in our multi-decade career. In general, more benefits are awarded when you have representation on your side at the beginning of the Social Security Disability application.
Social Security Disability Appeal in Owaneco, IL – Let Our Disability Lawyers Help
If you have submitted a request for any of the above benefit programs and were subsequently denied, do not give up. This happens in far too many cases so you are not alone. A Social Security Disability appeal will help you get peace and stability back in your life. You shouldn’t take this on by yourself. Your odds of winning an appeal are greatly increased with Drummond Law disability lawyers by your side.
We help ensure you meet all the deadlines, follow the right steps, and send the right info before the hearing in front of a judge and Appeals Court. After that point, we are right by your side to help you effectively and clearly present your need for benefits.
Do not delay! The SSA only allows a short period of time to start your appeal after receiving your denial letter.
Get in touch With Our Disability Lawyers in Owaneco, IL | Contact Drummond Law
Whether you need Social Security for yourself or for a loved one, our disability lawyers in Owaneco, IL, want to help you secure a bright financial future. Our passion for helping people across Illinois and Missouri has been our focus since 1976. To talk to our disability lawyers for a free case review, please contact us or call 844-706-7710.