SSD and SSI Disability Lawyers
Disability Lawyers in Arnold, MO
Disability lawyers in Arnold, MO. Having a disability while providing for yourself is a challenge that no one should face entirely on their own. That is why the U.S. has provided assistance for those who are most vulnerable in our society with many different federal programs, such as:
- Social Security Disability Insurance – SSD Lawyers in Arnold, MO
- Social Security Family Benefits – SSD For Children Lawyer in Arnold, MO
- Supplemental Security Income – SSI Lawyers in Arnold, MO
Unfortunately, it is not enough to simply be disabled in order to get these benefits. The Social Security process not only calls for highly detailed information, but this info must also be presented in an exact, nuanced way. Any mistep you make could result in delays to receiving your benefits or, worse, an outright denial — something that occurs in more than half of first-time applications. You need to get a Social Security Disability lawyer in Arnold, MO, involved from the very beginning to file for Social Security or appeal a denial.
If you or a loved one have limited resources and may qualify for Social Security due to a disability, don’t go about it alone. Whether you are thinking of submitting a claim or have already been denied and need help with an appeal, our disability lawyers in Arnold, MO, are happy to discuss the details of your case—free of charge—no matter what stage of the process you are in. Call 800-842-0426 or contact us here for a free case review.
Social Security Requirements in Arnold, MO
There is a long list of factors that the Social Security Administration looks at in determining if you are eligible. Chief among them is whether or not you are “disabled” with a medical condition that is expected to have a duration of 12 months or longer in addition to preventing you from doing full-time meaningful work.
The most common medical conditions that qualify an individual as “disabled:”
- Blindness and hearing impairment
- Cancers of all kinds
- Heart conditions
- Thyroid disorders
- Accidental or non-preventative injuries
- Bipolar disorder
- Crohn’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
There are many more conditions not on this list that qualify in the eyes of the Social Security Administration, which is why approval is done on a case-by-case basis. The SSA will look at the medical proof that your condition is preventing you from doing the work you were able to do before. They will then determine whether or not you can adjust to some other form of meaningful work and, if not, then you may take part in benefits from SSD, SSI, or one of the other federal programs. Learn more about the requirements for these programs below:
Social Security Disability Arnold
One way to think of Social Security Disability is like an insurance plan. You become eligible if you have paid “premiums” in the form of FICA taxes—which are automatically withheld in your paycheck— into the Social Security trust fund recently and over a sufficient period of time. One thing to note is that education level and age also matter to the SSA when awarding benefits.
Eligibility requirements for SSD:
- Work history/built-up work credits – In most cases, 40 credits are required but younger people may still be eligible with fewer.
Supplemental Security Income Arnold
The SSI program is meant for disabled people of any age and is generally needs-based. It is funded by the general fund taxes, making it available to people with a low income in addition to being unable to provide basic necessities for themselves.
Eligibility Requirements for SSI
- Disability (any age)
- OR blindness (any age)
- OR age (65+)
- Limited/no income – less than $2,000 in assets for an individual and less than $3,000 for a couple
You may be eligible for any one of these programs or more than one at the same time. You need the help of our disability lawyers to see where you qualify. After determining which program is right for you, we’ll guide you through the application process. Contact us now to get started.
Social Security Disability for Children Arnold
No matter what the medical condition, caring for a child with disabilities is challenging for any parent. And when both the child and the parent grow older, the child may be left with little support if something were to happen to the caregiver. Social Security provides a safety net for children—both young and old— who suffer from disabilities, as well as offers support to their families.
Eligibility Requirements for SSD for Children:
- Limited resources/no income from the caregivers
- Under the age of 18 – this includes children, stepchildren, adopted children, or grandchildren
- OR under the age of 19 – if a child is also attending school full-time
- Older than 18 – Unmarried adult children whose parents have died or the parents have become disabled themselves and require benefits. The child must have also been diagnosed with a disability before 22 years of age.
These benefits are a necessity to many disabled people and their families, without which they cannot afford basic needs, like speech therapy, medical equipment, occupational therapy, tutoring, and more.
Social Security Disability Application in Arnold, MO – Let Our Disability Lawyers Help
The Social Security process and SSA involve thousands of rules, regulations, and procedures—even unwritten ones. It’s a separate legal system with many nuances, courts, and judges of its own. This is why you need the help of a skilled lawyer who knows the system inside and out to help you avoid mistakes and ease stress.
When we are involved in the very first steps of the Social Security Disability application, you can benefit from our:
- Experience – We have been in business since 1976, which means we know what it takes to win a case and what kind of evidence the Social Security Administration (SSA) and administrative law judge look at.
- Efficiency – We can often help you avoid costly delays in the process so that you can get the benefits you desperately need faster and at less cost to you.
- Advocacy – You will have a strong defender in your corner that is willing to fight for what you are entitled to.
- Results – We have won over 10,000 cases in our multi-decade career. In general, more benefits are awarded when you have representation on your side at the beginning of the Social Security Disability application.
Social Security Disability Appeal in Arnold, MO – Let Our Disability Lawyers Help
If you have submitted a request for any of the above benefit programs and were subsequently denied, do not give up. Most applications are denied the first time, and a Social Security Disability appeal may be necessary to get peace and stability back in your life. You shouldn’t go about the appeal alone. The odds of winning your case are greatly improved with the help of Drummond Law disability lawyers.
We help ensure you follow the necessary steps, meet deadline dates, and send the right info before the hearing in front of the Appeals Court and the judge. After that point, we are right by your side to help you clearly and effectively present your need for benefits.
Do not delay! After receiving your denial letter, you only have a short window of time to start the appeals process.
Get in touch With Our Disability Lawyers in Arnold, MO | Contact Drummond Law
Whether you need Social Security for yourself or for a loved one, our disability lawyers in Arnold, MO, can help get the security you need for the future. Our passion for helping people across Missouri and Illinois has been our driving force since 1976. To speak with our disability lawyers for a free claim evaluation, feel free to contact us or call 800-842-0426.