SSD and SSI Disability Lawyers
Disability Lawyers in Pawnee, IL
Disability lawyers in Pawnee, IL. Having a disability while providing for yourself is a challenge that no one should face entirely on their own. That’s why our country has provided assistance for those who need it most in our society with many different federal programs, such as:
- Social Security Disability Insurance – SSD Lawyers in Pawnee, IL
- Social Security Family Benefits – SSD For Children Lawyer in Pawnee, IL
- Supplemental Security Income – SSI Lawyers in Pawnee, IL
Unfortunately, being disabled is not enough to automatically receive benefits. The Social Security Disability application not only calls for very detailed info, but this information should also be gathered and shown in a very specific manner. Any mistep you make could result in lengthening the time to get your benefits or, worse, an outright denial — something that happens in over 60% of first-time applications. You need to get a Social Security Disability lawyer in Pawnee, IL, involved from the very beginning to file for Social Security or appeal a denial.
If you or a loved one have a disability and limited resources for support, you could be entitled to Social Security benefits. Do not go about it alone. Whether you are appealing a denial or merely thinKing about submitting a claim but don’t know where to start, our disability lawyers in Pawnee, IL, are happy to discuss the details of your case—free of charge—no matter what stage of the process you are in. Contact us or call 844-706-7710 for a free claim evaluation.
Social Security Requirements in Pawnee, IL
There is a long list of factors that the Social Security Administration looks at in determining if you are eligible. The biggest requirement being whether or not you are affected with a disability that’s expected to have a duration of 12 months or longer in addition to preventing you from doing full-time meaningful work.
The most common medical conditions that qualify an individual as “disabled:”
- Crohn’s disease
- Cancers of all kinds
- Blindness and hearing impairment
- Heart conditions
- Thyroid disorders
- Accidental or non-preventative injuries
- Multiple sclerosis
- Bipolar disorder
Approval for benefits is done on a case-by-case basis because there are many different medical conditions that the SSA may deem as a coverable disability. The SSA will look at the medical proof that your condition is preventing you from doing the work you were able to do before. The SSA will then conclude whether or not you are able to adjust to some other form of meaningful work and, if not, then you are entitled to benefits from SSD, SSI, or one of the other federal programs. Learn more about the requirements for these programs below:
Social Security Disability Pawnee
One way to think of Social Security Disability is like an insurance plan. You become eligible if you have paid “premiums” in the form of FICA taxes—which are automatically withheld in your paycheck— into the Social Security trust fund recently and over a sufficient period of time. One thing to note is that education level and age also matter to the SSA when awarding benefits.
Eligibility requirements for SSD:
- Work history/built-up work credits – In many cases, you need 40 credits in order to qualify, but some disabled younger people may still be able to qualify with fewer credits.
Supplemental Security Income Pawnee
The SSI program is meant for disabled people of any age and is generally needs-based. Funding is taken from the general fund taxes, making it available to people that have limited resources and therefore are unable to provide for themselves.
Eligibility Requirements for SSI
- Disability (any age)
- OR blindness (any age)
- OR age (65+)
- Limited/no income – less than $2,000 in assets for an individual and less than $3,000 for a couple
You might qualify for one or multiple of these programs; therefore, you need the assistance of our disability lawyers to see if your situation meets these qualifications. After determining which program is right for you, we’ll guide you through the application process. Get in touch with us to learn more.
Social Security Disability for Children Pawnee
No matter what the medical condition, caring for a child with disabilities is challenging for any parent. And when both the child and the parent grow older, the child may be left with little support if something were to happen to the caregiver. Social Security is there to offer assistance to disabled young children, adult children, and their families.
Eligibility Requirements for SSD for Children:
- Limited resources/no income from the caregivers
- Under the age of 18 – this includes children, grandchildren, adopted children, or stepchildren
- OR under the age of 19 – if a child is also attending elementary or secondary school
- Older than 18 – Unmarried adult children whose parents have died or the parents have become disabled themselves and require benefits. The child must have also been diagnosed with a disability before 22 years of age.
These benefits are a necessity to many disabled children and their families, without which they cannot afford basic needs, such as speech therapy, medical equipment, occupational therapy, tutoring, and more.
Social Security Disability Application in Pawnee, IL – Let Our Disability Lawyers Help
The Social Security process and SSA involve thousands of rules, regulations, and procedures—even unwritten ones. It’s a legal system in and of itself with its own courts and judges that decide who gets disability benefits. This is why you need the help of a skilled attorney who knows the system inside and out to help you avoid mistakes and ease stress.
When we are involved in the very first steps of the Social Security Disability application, you can benefit from our:
- Experience – We have been in business since 1976, which means we know what it takes to win a case and what kind of evidence the Social Security Administration (SSA) and administrative law judge look at.
- Efficiency – We can often help you avoid costly delays in the process so that you can get the benefits you desperately need faster and at less cost to you.
- Advocacy – You will have a strong defender in your corner that is willing to fight for what you are entitled to.
- Results – In our multi-decade career, we have won over 10,000 cases for people across Missouri and Illinois.
Social Security Disability Appeal in Pawnee, IL – Let Our Disability Lawyers Help
If you have submitted a request for any of the above benefit programs and were subsequently denied, do not give up. This happens in far too many cases so you are not alone. A Social Security Disability appeal will help you get stability and peace back into your life. You should not go about the appeal alone. The odds of winning your case are greatly improved with the help of Drummond Law disability lawyers.
We help ensure you follow the necessary steps, meet deadline dates, and send the right information before the hearing in front of a judge and Appeals Court. After that point, we are right by your side to help you effectively and clearly present your need for benefits.
Do not delay! After receiving your denial letter, you only have a short window of time to start the appeals process.
Get in touch With Our Disability Lawyers in Pawnee, IL | Contact Drummond Law
If you require Social Security for yourself or for a loved one, our disability lawyers in Pawnee, IL, can help secure a bright financial future. Our passion for helping people across Missouri and Illinois has been our focus for over 30 years. To talk to our disability lawyers for a free claim evaluation, please contact us or call 844-706-7710.