SSD and SSI Disability Lawyers
Disability Lawyers in Pinckneyville, IL
Disability lawyers in Pinckneyville, IL. Disabilities are challenges that no one should have to face alone. That is why the United States has provided assistance for those who are most vulnerable in our society with many different federal programs, such as:
- Social Security Family Benefits – SSD For Children Lawyer in Pinckneyville, IL
- Social Security Disability Insurance – SSD Lawyers in Pinckneyville, IL
- Supplemental Security Income – SSI Lawyers in Pinckneyville, IL
Unfortunately, being disabled is not enough to automatically receive benefits. The Social Security Disability application not only calls for highly detailed information, but this information should also be gathered and shown in a very specific manner. Any mistep you make may result in delays to receiving your benefits or, worse, an outright denial — something that happens in over 60% of first-time applications. You should get a Social Security Disability lawyer in Pinckneyville, IL, involved from the very beginning to file an application or appeal a denial.
If you or a loved one have limited resources and may qualify for Social Security due to a disability, do not go about it alone. Whether you are thinking of submitting a claim or have already been denied and need help with an appeal, our disability lawyers in Pinckneyville, IL, are open to talking about your case at no cost to you. Call 844-706-7710 or contact us here for a free case review.
Social Security Requirements in Pinckneyville, IL
There is a long list of factors that the Social Security Administration looks at in determining if you are eligible. Chief among them is whether or not you’re “disabled” with a medical condition that is expected to have a duration of 12 months or longer in addition to preventing you from doing full-time meaningful work.
Common conditions that may qualify for disability:
- Cancers of all kinds
- Accidental or non-preventative injuries
- Heart conditions
- Blindness and hearing impairment
- Thyroid disorders
- Multiple sclerosis
- Crohn’s disease
- Bipolar disorder
Approval for benefits is done on a case-by-case basis because there are many different medical conditions that the SSA may deem as a coverable disability. The SSA will look at the medical proof that your condition is preventing you from doing the work you were able to do before. They will then determine whether or not you can adjust to other work and, if not, then you may take part in benefits from SSI, SSD, or another federal program. Learn more about the requirements for these programs below:
Social Security Disability Pinckneyville
One way to think of Social Security Disability is like an insurance plan. You become eligible if you have paid “premiums” in the form of FICA taxes—which are automatically withheld in your paycheck— into the Social Security trust fund recently and over a sufficient period of time. One thing to note is that education level and age also matter to the SSA when awarding benefits.
Eligibility requirements for SSD:
- Work history/built-up work credits – In many cases, you need 40 credits in order to qualify, but some disabled younger people may still be able to qualify with fewer credits.
Supplemental Security Income Pinckneyville
The SSI program is typically needs-based and meant for people of any age with a disability. It is funded by the general fund taxes, making it available to people that have limited resources and therefore are unable to provide for themselves.
Eligibility Requirements for SSI
- Disability (any age)
- OR blindness (any age)
- OR age (65+)
- Limited/no income – less than $2,000 in assets for an individual and less than $3,000 for a couple
You might qualify for one or multiple of these programs; therefore, you need the assistance of our disability lawyers to see if your situation meets these qualifications. Once we determine which program is right for you that will cover your needs, we’ll help you get started on the application. Get in touch with us to learn more.
Social Security Disability for Children Pinckneyville
No matter what the medical condition, caring for a child with disabilities is challenging for any parent. And when both the child and the parent grow older, the child may be left with little support if something were to happen to the caregiver. Social Security is there to offer assistance to disabled young children, adult children, and their families.
Eligibility Requirements for SSD for Children:
- No income/limited resources for the family
- Under the age of 18 – this includes children, stepchildren, adopted children, or grandchildren
- OR under the age of 19 – if a child is also attending school full-time
- Older than 18 – Unmarried adult children whose parents have died or the parents have become disabled themselves and require benefits. The child must have also been diagnosed with a disability before 22 years of age.
These benefits are a necessity to many disabled children and their families, without which they cannot afford basic needs, like speech therapy, medical equipment, occupational therapy, tutoring, and more.
Social Security Disability Application in Pinckneyville, IL – Let Our Disability Lawyers Help
The SSA and Social Security process involve an abundance of rules, regulations, and procedures—even unwritten ones. It’s a legal system in and of itself with its own courts and judges that decide who gets disability benefits. This is why you need the help of an experienced attorney who knows the system inside and out to help you avoid mistakes and ease stress.
When you get our lawyers involved in the Social Security Disability application from the beginning, you benefit from our:
- Experience – We’ve been helping people since 1976 and know how to win cases.
- Efficiency – We can often help you avoid costly delays in the process so that you can get the benefits you desperately need faster and at less cost to you.
- Advocacy – You need a strong advocate at your side who will not only present your case in the most favorable light, but also defend you in case there are medical advisors who are opposing your need.
- Results – In our multi-decade career, we have won over 10,000 cases for people across Missouri and Illinois.
Social Security Disability Appeal in Pinckneyville, IL – Let Our Disability Lawyers Help
If you’ve been denied benefits, do not give up. Most applications are denied the first time, and a Social Security Disability appeal may be necessary to get stability and peace back in your life. You shouldn’t take this on by yourself. The odds of winning your case are greatly improved with the help of Drummond Law disability lawyers.
We help ensure you meet all the deadlines, follow the right steps, and send the right info before the hearing in front of a judge and Appeals Court. Then, we are right by your side to help you effectively and clearly present your need for benefits.
Do not delay! After receiving your denial letter, you only have a short window of time to start the appeals process.
Get in touch With Our Disability Lawyers in Pinckneyville, IL | Contact Drummond Law
If you require Social Security for yourself or for a loved one, our disability lawyers in Pinckneyville, IL, want to help you get the security you need for the future. Our passion for helping people across Missouri and Illinois has been our focus since 1976. To speak with our disability lawyers for a free claim evaluation, please contact us or call 844-706-7710.