SSD and SSI Disability Lawyers
Disability Lawyers in Crittenden County, KY
Disability lawyers in Crittenden County, KY. Nobody should face the challenge of having to provide for themselves when a disability makes it difficult to do so. That is why the government has provided a safety net for those who need it most in our society with a variety of federal programs, such as:
- Social Security Disability Insurance – SSD Lawyers in Crittenden County, KY
- Social Security Family Benefits – SSD For Children Lawyer in Crittenden County, KY
- Supplemental Security Income – SSI Lawyers in Crittenden County, KY
Unfortunately, it is not enough to simply be disabled in order to get these benefits. The Social Security Disability application not only requires incredibly detailed information, but this info should also be gathered and shown in a very specific manner. Any mistake you make could result in delays to receiving your benefits or, worse, an outright denial — something that happens in more than half of first-time applications. You should get a Social Security Disability lawyer in Crittenden County, KY, involved as soon as possible to file an application or appeal a denial.
If you or a loved one have a disability and limited resources for support, you could be entitled to Social Security benefits. Don’t go about it alone. Whether you are appealing a denial or merely thinKing about submitting a claim but don’t know where to start, our disability lawyers in Crittenden County, KY, are open to talking about your case at no cost to you. Contact us or call 844-706-7710 for a free case review.
Social Security Requirements in Crittenden County, KY
There are many different requirements that the Social Security Administration (SSA) take into account when awarding benefits. Chief among them is whether or not you are “disabled” with a medical condition that’s expected to have a duration of 12 months or longer in addition to preventing you from doing full-time meaningful work.
Common conditions that may qualify for disability:
- Cancers of all kinds
- Accidental or non-preventative injuries
- Heart conditions
- Blindness and hearing impairment
- Thyroid disorders
- Multiple sclerosis
- Crohn’s disease
- Bipolar disorder
There are many more conditions not on this list that qualify in the eyes of the Social Security Administration, which is why approval is done on a case-by-case basis. The SSA will look at the documented proof that your condition has rendered you unable to do the work you performed before. They will then conclude whether or not you can adjust to some other form of meaningful work and, if not, then you may take part in benefits from SSI, SSD, or another federal program. Learn more about the requirements for these programs below:
Social Security Disability Crittenden County
One way to think of Social Security Disability is like an insurance plan. As in, you become eligible if you pay FICA taxes (a.k.a. your “premiums” which are automatically withheld from your paycheck) into the Social Security trust fund over a long period of time that is recent. One thing to note is that education level and age also matter to the Social Security Administration.
Eligibility requirements for SSD:
- Work history/built-up work credits – In most cases, 40 credits are required but younger people may still be eligible with fewer.
Supplemental Security Income Crittenden County
The SSI program is meant for disabled people of any age and is generally needs-based. Funding is taken from the general fund taxes, making it available to people that have limited resources and therefore are unable to provide for themselves.
Eligibility Requirements for SSI
- Disability (any age)
- OR blindness (any age)
- OR age (65+)
- Limited/no income – less than $2,000 in assets for an individual and less than $3,000 for a couple
You might qualify for one or multiple of these programs; therefore, you need the assistance of our disability lawyers to see where you qualify. After determining which program is right for you, we’ll guide you through the application process. Get in touch with us to learn more.
Social Security Disability for Children Crittenden County
Raising a child with a disability is one of the most difficult challenges a parent must face. It makes it all the more challenging when they both grow older and something happens to the caregiver that leaves the disabled child with little support. Social Security provides a safety net for children—both young and old— who suffer from disabilities, as well as offers support to their families.
Eligibility Requirements for SSD for Children:
- Limited resources/no income for the family
- Under the age of 18 – this includes children, stepchildren, adopted children, or grandchildren
- OR under the age of 19 – if a child is also attending school full-time
- Older than 18 – Unmarried adult children whose parents have died or the parents have become disabled themselves and require benefits. The child must have also been diagnosed with a disability before the age of 22.
These benefits are a necessity to many disabled people and their families, without which they cannot afford basic needs, like speech therapy, medical equipment, occupational therapy, tutoring, and more.
Social Security Disability Application in Crittenden County, KY – Let Our Disability Lawyers Help
The SSA and Social Security process involve thousands of rules, regulations, and procedures—even unwritten ones. It’s a separate legal system with many nuances, courts, and judges of its own. This is why you need the help of an experienced lawyer who knows the system inside and out to help ease your stress and avoid mistakes.
When you get our lawyers involved in the Social Security Disability application from the beginning, you benefit from our:
- Expertise – We have been in business since 1976, which means we know what it takes to win a case and what kind of evidence the Social Security Administration (SSA) and administrative law judge look at.
- Efficiency – We can often help you avoid costly delays in the process so that you can get the benefits you desperately need faster and at less cost to you.
- Advocacy – You will have a strong defender in your corner that is willing to fight for what you are entitled to.
- Results – We have won over 10,000 cases in our multi-decade career. In general, more benefits are awarded when you have representation on your side at the beginning of the Social Security Disability application.
Social Security Disability Appeal in Crittenden County, KY – Let Our Disability Lawyers Help
If you have submitted a request for any of the above benefit programs and were subsequently denied, do not be discouraged. Most applications are denied the first time, and a Social Security Disability appeal may be necessary to get peace and stability back in your life. You shouldn’t take this on by yourself. Your odds of winning an appeal are greatly increased with Drummond Law disability lawyers by your side.
We help ensure you meet all the deadlines, follow the right steps, and send the right information before the hearing in front of a judge and Appeals Court. After that point, we are right by your side to help you clearly and effectively present your need for benefits.
Do not delay! After receiving your denial letter, you only have a short window of time to start the appeals process.
Get in touch With Our Disability Lawyers in Crittenden County, KY | Contact Drummond Law
If you require benefits for yourself or for a loved one, our disability lawyers in Crittenden County, KY, want to help you secure a bright financial future. Our passion for helping people across Missouri and Illinois has been our driving force since 1976. To talk to our disability lawyers for a free claim evaluation, please contact us or call 844-706-7710.