SSD and SSI Disability Lawyers
Disability Lawyers in Hermann, MO
Disability lawyers in Hermann, MO. Nobody should face the challenge of having to provide for themselves when a disability makes it difficult to do so. That is why the government has provided assistance for those who are most vulnerable in our society with many different federal programs, including:
- Social Security Family Benefits – SSD For Children Lawyer in Hermann, MO
- Social Security Disability Insurance – SSD Lawyers in Hermann, MO
- Supplemental Security Income – SSI Lawyers in Hermann, MO
Unfortunately, it is not enough to simply be disabled in order to get these benefits. The Social Security Disability application not only requires very detailed info, but this info must also be presented in an exact, nuanced way. Any mistep you make could result in lengthening the time to get your benefits or, worse, an outright denial — something that occurs in over 60% of first-time applications. You need to get a Social Security Disability lawyer in Hermann, MO, involved from the very beginning to file an application or appeal a denial.
If you or a loved one have a disability and limited resources for support, you could be entitled to Social Security benefits. Don’t go about it alone. Whether you’re appealing a denial or merely thinKing about submitting a claim but don’t know where to start, our disability lawyers in Hermann, MO, are happy to discuss the details of your case—free of charge—no matter what stage of the process you are in. Call 844-706-7710 or contact us here for a free claim evaluation.
Social Security Requirements in Hermann, MO
There are many different requirements that the Social Security Administration (SSA) take into account when awarding benefits. The biggest requirement being whether or not you’re affected with a disability that’s expected to last at least 12 months (or is chronic) and restricts you from doing full-time work.
The most common medical conditions that qualify an individual as “disabled:”
- Cancers of all kinds
- Accidental or non-preventative injuries
- Heart conditions
- Blindness and hearing impairment
- Thyroid disorders
- Multiple sclerosis
- Crohn’s disease
- Bipolar disorder
There are many more conditions not on this list that qualify in the eyes of the Social Security Administration, which is why approval is done on a case-by-case basis. The SSA will look at the documented proof that your condition has rendered you unable to do the work you performed before. They will then conclude whether or not you can adjust to some other form of meaningful work and, if not, then you may take part in benefits from SSD, SSI, or one of the other federal programs. Learn more about the requirements for these programs below:
Social Security Disability Hermann
One of the easiest ways to understand the SSD program is to think of it as an insurance plan. You become eligible if you have paid “premiums” in the form of FICA taxes—which are automatically withheld in your paycheck— into the Social Security trust fund recently and over a sufficient period of time. One thing to note is that education level and age also matter to the SSA when awarding benefits.
Eligibility requirements for SSD:
- Work history/built-up work credits – In most cases, 40 credits are required but younger people may still be eligible with fewer.
Supplemental Security Income Hermann
The SSI program is typically needs-based and meant for people of any age with a disability. It is funded by the general fund taxes, making it available to people that have limited resources and therefore are unable to provide for themselves.
Eligibility Requirements for SSI
- Disability (any age)
- OR age (65+)
- OR blindness (any age)
- No/limited income – less than $3,000 for a couple in assets and less than $2,000 for an individual
You might qualify for one or multiple of these programs; therefore, you need the assistance of our disability lawyers to see if your situation meets these qualifications. After determining which program is right for you, we’ll guide you through the application process. Contact us now to get started.
Social Security Disability for Children Hermann
No matter what the medical condition, caring for a child with disabilities is challenging for any parent. And when both the child and the parent grow older, the child may be left with little support if something were to happen to the caregiver. Social Security provides a safety net for children—both young and old— who suffer from disabilities, as well as offers support to their families.
Eligibility Requirements for SSD for Children:
- No income/limited resources for the family
- Under the age of 18 – this includes children, stepchildren, adopted children, or grandchildren
- OR under the age of 19 – if a child is also attending elementary or secondary school
- Older than 18 – Unmarried adult children who lost their parents or if those parents are claiming disability benefits. The child must have also been diagnosed with a disability before 22 years of age.
These benefits are a necessity to many disabled children and their families, without which they cannot afford basic needs, like speech therapy, tutoring, occupational therapy, medical equipment, and more.
Social Security Disability Application in Hermann, MO – Let Our Disability Lawyers Help
The SSA and Social Security process involve thousands of rules, regulations, and procedures—even unwritten ones. It’s a legal system in and of itself with its own courts and judges that decide who gets disability benefits. This is why you need the help of a skilled lawyer who knows the system inside and out to help ease your stress and avoid mistakes.
When you get our lawyers involved in the Social Security Disability application from the beginning, you benefit from our:
- Expertise – We have been in business since 1976, which means we know what it takes to win a case and what kind of evidence the Social Security Administration (SSA) and administrative law judge look at.
- Speed – We can often help you avoid costly delays in the process so that you can get the benefits you desperately need faster and at less cost to you.
- Advocacy – You need a strong advocate at your side who will not only present your case in the most favorable light, but also defend you in case there are medical advisors who are opposing your need.
- Results – In our multi-decade career, we have won over 10,000 cases for people across Missouri and Illinois.
Social Security Disability Appeal in Hermann, MO – Let Our Disability Lawyers Help
If you have submitted a request for any of the above benefit programs and were subsequently denied, do not believe that there is nothing else to do. Most applications are denied the first time, and a Social Security Disability appeal may be necessary to get peace and stability back in your life. You shouldn’t go about the appeal alone. Your odds of winning an appeal are greatly increased with Drummond Law disability lawyers by your side.
We help ensure you follow the necessary steps, meet deadline dates, and send the right info before the hearing in front of the Appeals Court and the judge. Then, we are right beside you to help you effectively and clearly present your need for benefits.
Don’t delay! After receiving your denial letter, you only have a short window of time to start the appeals process.
Get in touch With Our Disability Lawyers in Hermann, MO | Contact Drummond Law
Whether you need benefits for yourself or for a loved one, our disability lawyers in Hermann, MO, want to help you secure a bright financial future. Our passion for helping people across Illinois and Missouri has been our focus since 1976. To speak with our disability lawyers for a free case review, please contact us or call 844-706-7710.