SSD and SSI Disability Lawyers
Disability Lawyers in Knox County, IL
Disability lawyers in Knox County, IL. Having a disability while providing for yourself is a challenge that no one should face entirely on their own. That is why the United States has provided a safety net for those who are most vulnerable in our society with a variety of federal programs, such as:
- Social Security Family Benefits – SSD For Children Lawyer in Knox County, IL
- Social Security Disability Insurance – SSD Lawyers in Knox County, IL
- Supplemental Security Income – SSI Lawyers in Knox County, IL
Unfortunately, being disabled is not enough to automatically receive benefits. The Social Security process not only requires incredibly detailed info, but this information should also be gathered and shown in a very specific manner. Any mistake you make may result in lengthening the time to get your benefits or, worse, an outright denial — something that happens in over 60% of first-time applications. You need to get a Social Security Disability lawyer in Knox County, IL, involved as soon as possible to file for Social Security or appeal a denial.
If you or a loved one have limited resources and may qualify for Social Security due to a disability, do not go about it alone. Whether you are thinking of submitting a claim or have already been denied and need help with an appeal, our disability lawyers in Knox County, IL, are happy to discuss the details of your case—free of charge—no matter what stage of the process you are in. Contact us or call 844-706-7710 for a free claim evaluation.
Social Security Requirements in Knox County, IL
There are many different requirements that the Social Security Administration (SSA) take into account when awarding benefits. Chief among them is whether or not you are “disabled” with a medical condition that’s expected to have a duration of 12 months or longer in addition to preventing you from doing full-time meaningful work.
Common conditions that may qualify for disability:
- Blindness and hearing impairment
- Cancers of all kinds
- Heart conditions
- Thyroid disorders
- Accidental or non-preventative injuries
- Bipolar disorder
- Crohn’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
Approval for benefits is done on a case-by-case basis because there are many different medical conditions that the SSA may deem as a coverable disability. The SSA will look at the medical proof that your condition is preventing you from doing the work you were able to do before. The SSA will then conclude whether or not you can adjust to other work and, if not, then you are entitled to benefits from SSI, SSD, or another federal program. Learn more about the requirements for these programs below:
Social Security Disability Knox County
One of the easiest ways to understand the SSD program is to think of it as an insurance plan. As in, you become eligible if you pay FICA taxes (a.k.a. your “premiums” which are automatically withheld from your paycheck) into the Social Security trust fund recently and over a sufficient period of time. One thing to note is that education level and age also matter to the Social Security Administration.
Eligibility requirements for SSD:
- Work history/built-up work credits – In most cases, 40 credits are required but younger people may still be eligible with fewer.
Supplemental Security Income Knox County
The SSI program is meant for disabled people of any age and is generally needs-based. It is funded by the general fund taxes, making it available to people that have limited resources and therefore are unable to provide for themselves.
Eligibility Requirements for SSI
- Disability (any age)
- OR blindness (any age)
- OR age (65+)
- Limited/no income – less than $2,000 in assets for an individual and less than $3,000 for a couple
You might qualify for one or multiple of these programs; therefore, you need the assistance of our disability lawyers to see where you qualify. Once we determine which program is right for you that will cover your needs, we’ll help you get started on the application. Contact us now to get started.
Social Security Disability for Children Knox County
No matter what the medical condition, caring for a child with disabilities is challenging for any parent. And when both the child and the parent grow older, the child may be left with little support if something were to happen to the caregiver. Social Security provides a safety net for children—both young and old— who suffer from disabilities, as well as offers support to their families.
Eligibility Requirements for SSD for Children:
- Limited resources/no income from the caregivers
- Under the age of 18 – this includes children, stepchildren, adopted children, or grandchildren
- OR under the age of 19 – if a child is also attending school full-time
- Older than 18 – Unmarried adult children who lost their parents or if those parents are claiming disability benefits. The child must have also been diagnosed with a disability before 22 years of age.
These benefits are a necessity to many disabled children and their families, without which they cannot afford basic needs, such as medical equipment, occupational therapy, tutoring, speech therapy, and more.
Social Security Disability Application in Knox County, IL – Let Our Disability Lawyers Help
The Social Security process and SSA involve thousands of rules, regulations, and procedures—even unwritten ones. It’s a separate legal system with many nuances, courts, and judges of its own. This is why you need the help of a skilled lawyer who knows the system inside and out to help ease your stress and avoid mistakes.
When we are involved in the very first steps of the Social Security Disability application, you can benefit from our:
- Expertise – We have been in business since 1976, which means we know what it takes to win a case and what kind of evidence the Social Security Administration (SSA) and administrative law judge look at.
- Efficiency – Avoid costly delays and get your benefits faster with our help.
- Advocacy – You need a strong advocate at your side who will not only present your case in the most favorable light, but also defend you in case there are medical advisors who are opposing your need.
- Results – In our multi-decade career, we have won over 10,000 cases for people across Missouri and Illinois.
Social Security Disability Appeal in Knox County, IL – Let Our Disability Lawyers Help
If you’ve been denied benefits, do not give up. This happens in far too many cases so you are not alone. A Social Security Disability appeal will help you get stability and peace back into your life. You shouldn’t take this on by yourself. Your odds of winning an appeal are greatly increased with Drummond Law disability lawyers by your side.
We help ensure you meet all the deadlines, follow the right steps, and send the right info before the hearing in front of a judge and Appeals Court. After that point, we are right beside you to help you clearly and effectively present your need for benefits.
Don’t delay! After receiving your denial letter, you only have a short window of time to start the appeals process.
Get in touch With Our Disability Lawyers in Knox County, IL | Contact Drummond Law
Whether you need benefits for yourself or for a loved one, our disability lawyers in Knox County, IL, want to help you get the security you need for the future. Our passion for helping people across Missouri and Illinois has been our focus since 1976. To talk to our disability lawyers for a free claim evaluation, feel free to contact us or call 844-706-7710.