SSD and SSI Disability Lawyers
Disability Lawyers in Ohlman, IL
Disability lawyers in Ohlman, IL. When serious health problems keep you from working, it can be scary knowing how you will get financial relief moving forward. That’s why the government has provided a safety net for those who are most vulnerable in our society with many different federal programs, such as:
- Social Security Disability Insurance – SSD Lawyers in Ohlman, IL
- Social Security Family Benefits – SSD For Children Lawyer in Ohlman, IL
- Supplemental Security Income – SSI Lawyers in Ohlman, IL
Unfortunately, it is not enough to simply be disabled in order to get these benefits. The Social Security process not only calls for very detailed info, but this info should also be gathered and shown in a very specific manner. Any mistake you make could result in delays to receiving your benefits or, worse, an explicit denial — something that occurs in over 60% of first-time applications. You should get a Social Security Disability lawyer in Ohlman, IL, involved as soon as possible to file an application or appeal a denial.
If you or a loved one have limited resources and may qualify for Social Security due to a disability, don’t go about it alone. Whether you’re thinking of submitting a claim or have already been denied and need help with an appeal, our disability lawyers in Ohlman, IL, are open to talking about your case at no cost to you. Contact us or call 844-706-7710 for a free claim evaluation.
Social Security Requirements in Ohlman, IL
There is a long list of factors that the Social Security Administration looks at in determining if you are eligible. The biggest requirement being whether or not you are affected with a disability that is expected to have a duration of 12 months or longer in addition to preventing you from doing full-time meaningful work.
Common conditions that may qualify for disability:
- Blindness and hearing impairment
- Cancers of all kinds
- Heart conditions
- Thyroid disorders
- Accidental or non-preventative injuries
- Bipolar disorder
- Crohn’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
Approval for benefits is done on a case-by-case basis because there are many different medical conditions that the SSA may deem as a coverable disability. The SSA will look at the medical proof that your condition has rendered you unable to do the work you performed before. The SSA will then conclude whether or not you can adjust to other work and, if not, then you are entitled to benefits from SSI, SSD, or another federal program. Learn more about the requirements for these programs below:
Social Security Disability Ohlman
One way to think of Social Security Disability is like an insurance plan. As in, you become eligible if you pay FICA taxes (a.k.a. your “premiums” which are automatically withheld from your paycheck) into the Social Security trust fund recently and over a sufficient period of time. One thing to note is that age and education also matter to the Social Security Administration.
Eligibility requirements for SSD:
- Work history/built-up work credits – In many cases, you need 40 credits in order to qualify, but some disabled younger people may still be able to qualify with fewer credits.
Supplemental Security Income Ohlman
The SSI program is meant for disabled people of any age and is generally needs-based. Funding is taken from the general fund taxes, making it available to people with a low income in addition to being unable to provide basic necessities for themselves.
Eligibility Requirements for SSI
- Disability (any age)
- OR blindness (any age)
- OR age (65+)
- Limited/no income – less than $2,000 in assets for an individual and less than $3,000 for a couple
You may be eligible for any one of these programs or more than one at the same time. You need the help of our disability lawyers to see where you qualify. After determining which program is right for you, we’ll guide you through the application process. Get in touch with us to learn more.
Social Security Disability for Children Ohlman
Raising a child with a disability is one of the most difficult challenges a parent must face. And when both the child and the parent grow older, the child may be left with little support if something were to happen to the caregiver. Social Security provides a safety net for children—both young and old— who suffer from disabilities, as well as offers support to their families.
Eligibility Requirements for SSD for Children:
- Limited resources/no income from the caregivers
- Under the age of 18 – this includes children, grandchildren, adopted children, or stepchildren
- OR under the age of 19 – if a child is also attending elementary or secondary school
- Older than 18 – Unmarried adult children who lost their parents or if those parents are claiming disability benefits. The child must have also been diagnosed with a disability before 22 years of age.
These benefits are a necessity to many disabled children and their families, without which they cannot afford basic needs, such as medical equipment, occupational therapy, tutoring, speech therapy, and more.
Social Security Disability Application in Ohlman, IL – Let Our Disability Lawyers Help
The Social Security process and SSA involve thousands of procedures, regulations, and rules—even unwritten ones. It’s a legal system in and of itself with its own courts and judges that decide who gets disability benefits. This is why you need the help of a skilled lawyer who knows the system inside and out to help you avoid mistakes and ease stress.
When we are involved in the very first steps of the Social Security Disability application, you can benefit from our:
- Experience – We have been in business since 1976, which means we know what it takes to win a case and what kind of evidence the Social Security Administration (SSA) and administrative law judge look at.
- Efficiency – Avoid costly delays and get your benefits faster with our help.
- Advocacy – You need a strong advocate at your side who will not only present your case in the most favorable light, but also defend you in case there are medical advisors who are opposing your need.
- Results – We have won over 10,000 cases in our multi-decade career. In general, more benefits are awarded when you have representation on your side at the beginning of the Social Security Disability application.
Social Security Disability Appeal in Ohlman, IL – Let Our Disability Lawyers Help
If you have submitted a request for any of the above benefit programs and were subsequently denied, do not believe that there is nothing else to do. This happens in far too many cases so you are not alone. A Social Security Disability appeal will help you get peace and stability back in your life. You shouldn’t go about the appeal alone. Your odds of winning an appeal are greatly increased with Drummond Law disability lawyers by your side.
We help ensure you meet all the deadlines, follow the right steps, and send the right info before the hearing in front of a judge and Appeals Court. Then, we are right beside you to help you clearly and effectively present your need for benefits.
Do not delay! The SSA only allows a short period of time to start your appeal after receiving your denial letter.
Get in touch With Our Disability Lawyers in Ohlman, IL | Contact Drummond Law
Whether you need Social Security for yourself or for a loved one, our disability lawyers in Ohlman, IL, can help get the security you need for the future. Our passion for helping people across Missouri and Illinois has been our focus for over 30 years. To speak with our disability lawyers for a free claim evaluation, feel free to contact us or call 844-706-7710.