SSD and SSI Disability Lawyers
Disability Lawyers in Murphysboro, IL
Disability lawyers in Murphysboro, IL. Disabilities are challenges that no one should have to face alone. That’s why the government has provided assistance for those who are most vulnerable in our society with a variety of federal programs, including:
- Social Security Disability Insurance – SSD Lawyers in Murphysboro, IL
- Social Security Family Benefits – SSD For Children Lawyer in Murphysboro, IL
- Supplemental Security Income – SSI Lawyers in Murphysboro, IL
Unfortunately, being disabled is not enough to automatically receive benefits. The Social Security Disability application not only calls for highly detailed info, but this info must also be presented in an exact, nuanced way. Any mistake you make could result in lengthening the time to get your benefits or, worse, an outright denial — something that happens in more than half of first-time applications. You need to get a Social Security Disability lawyer in Murphysboro, IL, involved from the very beginning to file an application or appeal a denial.
If you or a loved one have limited resources and may qualify for Social Security due to a disability, do not go about it alone. Whether you’re appealing a denial or merely thinKing about submitting a claim but don’t know where to start, our disability lawyers in Murphysboro, IL, are happy to discuss the details of your case—free of charge—no matter what stage of the process you are in. Contact us or call 800-842-0426 for a free claim evaluation.
Social Security Requirements in Murphysboro, IL
There are many different requirements that the Social Security Administration (SSA) take into account when awarding benefits. Chief among them is whether or not you are “disabled” with a medical condition that is expected to have a duration of 12 months or longer in addition to preventing you from doing full-time meaningful work.
The most common medical conditions that qualify an individual as “disabled:”
- Blindness and hearing impairment
- Cancers of all kinds
- Heart conditions
- Thyroid disorders
- Accidental or non-preventative injuries
- Bipolar disorder
- Crohn’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
Approval for benefits is done on a case-by-case basis because there are many different medical conditions that the SSA may deem as a coverable disability. The SSA will look at the medical proof that your condition is preventing you from doing the work you were able to do before. They will then determine whether or not you are able to adjust to some other form of meaningful work and, if not, then you are entitled to benefits from SSD, SSI, or one of the other federal programs. Learn more about the requirements for these programs below:
Social Security Disability Murphysboro
One of the easiest ways to understand the SSD program is to think of it as an insurance plan. As in, you become eligible if you pay FICA taxes (a.k.a. your “premiums” which are automatically withheld from your paycheck) into the Social Security trust fund over a long period of time that is recent. One thing to note is that age and education also matter to the SSA when awarding benefits.
Eligibility requirements for SSD:
- Work history/built-up work credits – In many cases, you need 40 credits in order to qualify, but some disabled younger people may still be able to qualify with fewer credits.
Supplemental Security Income Murphysboro
The SSI program is typically needs-based and meant for people of any age with a disability. It is funded by the general fund taxes, making it available to people that have limited resources and therefore are unable to provide for themselves.
Eligibility Requirements for SSI
- Disability (any age)
- OR blindness (any age)
- OR age (65+)
- Limited/no income – less than $2,000 in assets for an individual and less than $3,000 for a couple
You might qualify for one or multiple of these programs; therefore, you need the assistance of our disability lawyers to see if your situation meets these qualifications. Once we determine which program is right for you that will cover your needs, we’ll help you get started on the application. Contact us now to get started.
Social Security Disability for Children Murphysboro
No matter what the medical condition, caring for a child with disabilities is challenging for any parent. It makes it all the more challenging when they both grow older and something happens to the caregiver that leaves the disabled child with little support. Social Security is there to offer assistance to disabled young children, adult children, and their families.
Eligibility Requirements for SSD for Children:
- No income/limited resources for the family
- Under the age of 18 – this includes children, stepchildren, adopted children, or grandchildren
- OR under the age of 19 – if the child is also attending school full-time
- Older than 18 – Unmarried adult children who lost their parents or if those parents are claiming disability benefits. The child must have also been diagnosed with a disability before 22 years of age.
These benefits are a necessity to many disabled children and their families, without which they cannot afford basic needs, such as speech therapy, medical equipment, occupational therapy, tutoring, and more.
Social Security Disability Application in Murphysboro, IL – Let Our Disability Lawyers Help
The SSA and Social Security process involve an abundance of procedures, regulations, and rules—even unwritten ones. It’s a separate legal system with many nuances, courts, and judges of its own. This is why you need the help of an experienced attorney who knows the system inside and out to help ease your stress and avoid mistakes.
When you get our lawyers involved in the Social Security Disability application from the beginning, you benefit from our:
- Expertise – We have been in business since 1976, which means we know what it takes to win a case and what kind of evidence the Social Security Administration (SSA) and administrative law judge look at.
- Speed – We can often help you avoid costly delays in the process so that you can get the benefits you desperately need faster and at less cost to you.
- Advocacy – You will have a strong defender in your corner that is willing to fight for what you are entitled to.
- Results – In our multi-decade career, we have won over 10,000 cases for people across Missouri and Illinois.
Social Security Disability Appeal in Murphysboro, IL – Let Our Disability Lawyers Help
If you’ve been denied benefits, do not be discouraged. Most applications are denied the first time, and a Social Security Disability appeal may be necessary to get stability and peace back into your life. You should not go about the appeal alone. The odds of winning your case are greatly improved with the help of Drummond Law disability lawyers.
We help ensure you follow the necessary steps, meet deadline dates, and send the right info before the hearing in front of the Appeals Court and the judge. After that point, we are right by your side to help you clearly and effectively present your need for benefits.
Don’t delay! After receiving your denial letter, you only have a short window of time to start the appeals process.
Get in touch With Our Disability Lawyers in Murphysboro, IL | Contact Drummond Law
If you require Social Security for yourself or for a loved one, our disability lawyers in Murphysboro, IL, can help secure a bright financial future. Our passion for helping people across Missouri and Illinois has been our driving force for over 30 years. To talk to our disability lawyers for a free claim evaluation, feel free to contact us or call 800-842-0426.