SSD and SSI Disability Lawyers
Disability Lawyers in Palmyra, IL
Disability lawyers in Palmyra, IL. Having a disability while providing for yourself is a challenge that no one should face entirely on their own. That’s why the U.S. has provided a safety net for those who are most vulnerable in our society with a variety of federal programs, including:
- Social Security Disability Insurance – SSD Lawyers in Palmyra, IL
- Social Security Family Benefits – SSD For Children Lawyer in Palmyra, IL
- Supplemental Security Income – SSI Lawyers in Palmyra, IL
Unfortunately, it is not enough to simply be disabled in order to get these benefits. The Social Security process not only requires highly detailed info, but this info must also be presented in an exact, nuanced way. Any mistake you make may result in delays to receiving your benefits or, worse, an outright denial — something that occurs in more than half of first-time applications. You need to get a Social Security Disability lawyer in Palmyra, IL, involved as soon as possible to file for Social Security or appeal a denial.
If you or a loved one have limited resources and may qualify for Social Security due to a disability, don’t go about it alone. Whether you’re appealing a denial or merely thinKing about submitting a claim but don’t know where to start, our disability lawyers in Palmyra, IL, are happy to discuss the details of your case—free of charge—no matter what stage of the process you are in. Contact us or call 800-842-0426 for a free case review.
Social Security Requirements in Palmyra, IL
There are many different requirements that the Social Security Administration (SSA) take into account when awarding benefits. The biggest requirement being whether or not you’re “disabled” with a medical condition that’s expected to have a duration of 12 months or longer in addition to preventing you from doing full-time meaningful work.
The most common medical conditions that qualify an individual as “disabled:”
- Cancers of all kinds
- Accidental or non-preventative injuries
- Heart conditions
- Blindness and hearing impairment
- Thyroid disorders
- Multiple sclerosis
- Crohn’s disease
- Bipolar disorder
There are many more conditions not on this list that qualify in the eyes of the Social Security Administration, which is why approval is done on a case-by-case basis. The SSA will look at the medical proof that your condition is preventing you from doing the work you were able to do before. The SSA will then determine whether or not you can adjust to some other form of meaningful work and, if not, then you are entitled to benefits from SSD, SSI, or one of the other federal programs. Learn more about the requirements for these programs below:
Social Security Disability Palmyra
One way to think of Social Security Disability is like an insurance plan. You become eligible if you have paid “premiums” in the form of FICA taxes—which are automatically withheld in your paycheck— into the Social Security trust fund recently and over a sufficient period of time. One thing to note is that education level and age also matter to the SSA when awarding benefits.
Eligibility requirements for SSD:
- Work history/built-up work credits – In many cases, you need 40 credits in order to qualify, but some disabled younger people may still be able to qualify with fewer credits.
Supplemental Security Income Palmyra
The SSI program is typically needs-based and meant for people of any age with a disability. Funding is taken from the general fund taxes, making it available to people that have limited resources and therefore are unable to provide for themselves.
Eligibility Requirements for SSI
- Disability (any age)
- OR blindness (any age)
- OR age (65+)
- Limited/no income – less than $2,000 in assets for an individual and less than $3,000 for a couple
You might qualify for one or multiple of these programs; therefore, you need the assistance of our disability lawyers to see if your situation meets these qualifications. After determining which program is right for you, we’ll guide you through the application process. Contact us now to get started.
Social Security Disability for Children Palmyra
Raising a child with a disability is one of the most difficult challenges a parent must face. And when both the child and the parent grow older, the child may be left with little support if something were to happen to the caregiver. Social Security provides a safety net for children—both young and old— who suffer from disabilities, as well as offers support to their families.
Eligibility Requirements for SSD for Children:
- Limited resources/no income from the caregivers
- Under the age of 18 – this includes children, stepchildren, adopted children, or grandchildren
- OR under the age of 19 – if a child is also attending school full-time
- Older than 18 – Unmarried adult children whose parents have died or the parents have become disabled themselves and require benefits. The child must have also been diagnosed with a disability before the age of 22.
These benefits are a necessity to many disabled people and their families, without which they cannot afford basic needs, like speech therapy, medical equipment, occupational therapy, tutoring, and more.
Social Security Disability Application in Palmyra, IL – Let Our Disability Lawyers Help
The Social Security process and SSA involve an abundance of rules, regulations, and procedures—even unwritten ones. It’s a legal system in and of itself with its own courts and judges that decide who gets disability benefits. This is why you need the help of a skilled lawyer who knows the system inside and out to help ease your stress and avoid mistakes.
When you get our lawyers involved in the Social Security Disability application from the beginning, you benefit from our:
- Experience – We’ve been helping people since 1976 and know how to win cases.
- Speed – We can often help you avoid costly delays in the process so that you can get the benefits you desperately need faster and at less cost to you.
- Advocacy – You will have a strong defender in your corner that is willing to fight for what you are entitled to.
- Results – We have won over 10,000 cases in our multi-decade career. In general, more benefits are awarded when you have representation on your side at the beginning of the Social Security Disability application.
Social Security Disability Appeal in Palmyra, IL – Let Our Disability Lawyers Help
If you’ve been denied benefits, do not be discouraged. Most applications are denied the first time, and a Social Security Disability appeal may be necessary to get stability and peace back in your life. You should not take this on by yourself. The odds of winning your case are greatly improved with the help of Drummond Law disability lawyers.
We help ensure you meet all the deadlines, follow the right steps, and send the right info before the hearing in front of a judge and Appeals Court. Then, we are right beside you to help you clearly and effectively present your need for benefits.
Do not delay! After receiving your denial letter, you only have a short window of time to start the appeals process.
Get in touch With Our Disability Lawyers in Palmyra, IL | Contact Drummond Law
Whether you need Social Security for yourself or for a loved one, our disability lawyers in Palmyra, IL, can help secure a bright financial future. Our passion for helping people across Illinois and Missouri has been our focus since 1976. To talk to our disability lawyers for a free claim evaluation, feel free to contact us or call 800-842-0426.