SSD and SSI Disability Lawyers
Disability Lawyers in Divernon, IL
Disability lawyers in Divernon, IL. Disabilities are challenges that no one should have to face alone. That’s why the United States has provided a safety net for those who need it most in our society with a variety of federal programs, such as:
- Social Security Family Benefits – SSD For Children Lawyer in Divernon, IL
- Social Security Disability Insurance – SSD Lawyers in Divernon, IL
- Supplemental Security Income – SSI Lawyers in Divernon, IL
Unfortunately, being disabled is not enough to automatically receive benefits. The Social Security process not only requires incredibly detailed info, but this info should also be gathered and shown in a very specific manner. Any mistake you make could result in delays to receiving your benefits or, worse, an explicit denial — something that occurs in more than half of first-time applications. You need to get a Social Security Disability lawyer in Divernon, IL, involved from the outset to file for Social Security or appeal a denial.
If you or a loved one have limited resources and may qualify for Social Security due to a disability, do not go about it alone. Whether you are thinking of submitting a claim or have already been denied and need help with an appeal, our disability lawyers in Divernon, IL, are open to talking about your case at no cost to you. Contact us or call 844-706-7710 for a free claim evaluation.
Social Security Requirements in Divernon, IL
There are many different requirements that the Social Security Administration (SSA) take into account when awarding benefits. Chief among them is whether or not you are “disabled” with a medical condition that is expected to last at least 12 months (or is chronic) and restricts you from doing full-time work.
Common conditions that may qualify for disability:
- Crohn’s disease
- Cancers of all kinds
- Blindness and hearing impairment
- Heart conditions
- Thyroid disorders
- Accidental or non-preventative injuries
- Multiple sclerosis
- Bipolar disorder
Approval for benefits is done on a case-by-case basis because there are many different medical conditions that the SSA may deem as a coverable disability. The SSA will look at the medical proof that your condition has rendered you unable to do the work you performed before. They will then determine whether or not you can adjust to other work and, if not, then you are entitled to benefits from SSD, SSI, or one of the other federal programs. Learn more about the requirements for these programs below:
Social Security Disability Divernon
One way to think of Social Security Disability is like an insurance plan. As in, you become eligible if you pay FICA taxes (a.k.a. your “premiums” which are automatically withheld from your paycheck) into the Social Security trust fund recently and over a sufficient period of time. One thing to note is that education level and age also matter to the SSA when awarding benefits.
Eligibility requirements for SSD:
- Work history/built-up work credits – In most cases, 40 credits are required but younger people may still be eligible with fewer.
Supplemental Security Income Divernon
The SSI program is meant for disabled people of any age and is generally needs-based. It is funded by the general fund taxes, making it available to people with a low income in addition to being unable to provide basic necessities for themselves.
Eligibility Requirements for SSI
- Disability (any age)
- OR age (65+)
- OR blindness (any age)
- No/limited income – less than $3,000 for a couple in assets and less than $2,000 for an individual
You may be eligible for any one of these programs or more than one at the same time. You need the help of our disability lawyers to see if your situation meets these qualifications. After determining which program is right for you, we’ll guide you through the application process. Contact us now to get started.
Social Security Disability for Children Divernon
Raising a child with a disability is one of the most difficult challenges a parent must face. It makes it all the more challenging when they both grow older and something happens to the caregiver that leaves the disabled child with little support. Social Security provides a safety net for children—both young and old— who suffer from disabilities, as well as offers support to their families.
Eligibility Requirements for SSD for Children:
- Limited resources/no income for the family
- Under the age of 18 – this includes children, stepchildren, adopted children, or grandchildren
- OR under the age of 19 – if a child is also attending elementary or secondary school
- Older than 18 – Unmarried adult children who lost their parents or if those parents are claiming disability benefits. The child must have also been diagnosed with a disability before the age of 22.
These benefits are a necessity to many disabled people and their families, without which they cannot afford basic needs, like speech therapy, medical equipment, occupational therapy, tutoring, and more.
Social Security Disability Application in Divernon, IL – Let Our Disability Lawyers Help
The SSA and Social Security process involve thousands of rules, regulations, and procedures—even unwritten ones. It’s a legal system in and of itself with its own courts and judges that decide who gets disability benefits. This is why you need the help of a skilled lawyer who knows the system inside and out to help you avoid mistakes and ease stress.
When you get our lawyers involved in the Social Security Disability application from the beginning, you benefit from our:
- Expertise – We have been in business since 1976, which means we know what it takes to win a case and what kind of evidence the Social Security Administration (SSA) and administrative law judge look at.
- Speed – We can often help you avoid costly delays in the process so that you can get the benefits you desperately need faster and at less cost to you.
- Advocacy – You will have a strong defender in your corner that is willing to fight for what you are entitled to.
- Results – We have won over 10,000 cases in our multi-decade career. In general, more benefits are awarded when you have representation on your side at the beginning of the Social Security Disability application.
Social Security Disability Appeal in Divernon, IL – Let Our Disability Lawyers Help
If you’ve been denied benefits, do not give up. This happens in far too many cases so you are not alone. A Social Security Disability appeal will help you get peace and stability back into your life. You should not go about the appeal alone. Your odds of winning an appeal are greatly increased with Drummond Law disability lawyers by your side.
We help ensure you meet all the deadlines, follow the right steps, and send the right info before the hearing in front of the Appeals Court and the judge. After that point, we are right beside you to help you clearly and effectively present your need for benefits.
Do not delay! After receiving your denial letter, you only have a short window of time to start the appeals process.
Get in touch With Our Disability Lawyers in Divernon, IL | Contact Drummond Law
Whether you need benefits for yourself or for a loved one, our disability lawyers in Divernon, IL, can help get the security you need for the future. Our passion for helping people across Missouri and Illinois has been our focus since 1976. To talk to our disability lawyers for a free claim evaluation, feel free to contact us or call 844-706-7710.