Here to Help in Taylorville, IL
Disability Attorney Taylorville, IL
Disability Attorney Taylorville, IL. If your disability keeps you from working, your financial concerns and constraints can add to an increasingly stressful situation in Taylorville, IL. You may feel overwhelmed when you think about your future and your family’s wellbeing. It can be trying to even know where to begin. The simplest beginning is normally the best. A disability attorney at Drummond Law is simply a phone call away at 800-842-0426 or contact us online for a free, no-risk consultation.
Whether you need to file a disability claim for yourself or a loved one in Taylorville, IL, a Drummond Law disability attorney will help secure a bright financial future. Our disability attorneys have the experience and knowledge necessary to help file your claim, which is an arduous process in and of itself, or assist in an appeal. Since 1976, our legal team at Drummond Law has successfully helped thousands of clients in Taylorville, IL and throughout the Midwest with disability claims.
You will meet with our skilled disability attorney early on near Taylorville, IL, and that same attorney will be with you throughout the process. We don’t pass clients around. You are a name, not a number. At our firm, you can count on receiving the one-on-one service you deserve from an experienced disability attorney focused on securing the best possible outcome in your case.
We take pride in the strong relationships we build with every client. You can bank on our Taylorville, IL disability attorney to give you honest advice about your situation, developing a strategy that best fits your specific circumstances in Taylorville, IL. Call us at 800-842-0426 or contact us online.
Taylorville, IL Disability Attorney: How Do I Qualify For Disability?
The United States created benefits, governed by the Social Security Administration, to assist individuals like you in Taylorville, IL cover their expenses. If an illness, injury, or disability is preventing you from working, you might qualify for one these federal programs:
- Social Security Disability Insurance – SSD Lawyers in Taylorville, IL
- Social Security Family Benefits – SSD For Children Lawyer in Taylorville, IL
- Supplemental Security Income – SSI Lawyers in Taylorville, IL
We will break these programs down in-depth, and our disability attorney will meet with you to discuss the best option. The SSA considers you to have a qualifying disability if ALL of these three instances are true:
- You cannot do work and engage in substantial gainful activity because of your medical condition.
- You cannot do work you did previously or adjust to other work because of your medical condition.
- Your condition has lasted or is expected to last for at least one year or to result in death.
There is a long list of situations that the SSA looks at in adjudicating if you are eligible. Chief among them is whether or not you are disabled with a medical condition that is expected to last at least 12 months (or is chronic) and keeps you from doing full-time work.
The most common medical conditions that qualify an individual as disabled:
- Blindness and hearing impairment
- Cancers of all kinds
- Heart conditions
- Thyroid disorders
- Accidental or non-preventive injuries
- Bipolar disorder
- Crohn’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
There are many more conditions not included here that qualify in the eyes of the SSA, which is exactly why approval is done on a case-by-case basis. The SSA will look at the documented medical proof that your condition has rendered you unable to do the work you performed before. The SSA will then conclude whether or not you can adjust to other work and, if not, then you may take part in benefits from SSI or SSD, or possibly another federal program.
Taylorville, IL Disability Attorney: How Do I Apply For Disability?
Our disability attorney is available to help do things correctly the first time, so that your claim does not get denied. In fact, around 65 percent of first-time applicants are denied by the SSA. Let’s ensure that doesn’t happen to you. Reach out to us or call 800-842-0426 for more information about your disability claim.
Some of the necessary information for the documentation includes:
- Military service discharge information
- Tax returns from the previous year
- Social Security numbers for your spouse and any dependents
- Banking information for direct deposit
- A disability report that includes:
- Contact data for yourself and a friend or family member
- Patient ID numbers and dates of treatment
- Names of any medications and the prescribing doctor
- Kinds of jobs and dates employed over the past 15 years
- Information on any other claims you have filed to receive benefits as a result of your disability
Taylorville, IL Disability Attorney: Why Do I Need an Attorney to File a Disability Claim?
It is essential to have a Drummond Law disability attorney help you file a claim in Taylorville, IL. While it generally takes the SSA anywhere from 3-5 months to file a decision, a recent study by the U.S. Government Accountability Office showed that claimants who had a disability attorney in their corner were allowed disability benefits at a rate nearly 3 times higher than claimants without representation.
The disability process involves an abundance of procedures, regulations, and rules — even unwritten ones. It’s a legal system in and of itself with its own courts and judges that decide who gets disability benefits. This is precisely why you need the assistance of a skilled disability attorney near Taylorville, IL, who knows the system inside and out to help you avoid mistakes and ease stress. Call us at 800-842-0426 or contact us.
When you get our Taylorville, IL disability attorney involved in the disability application from the beginning, you benefit from our:
- Experience — We have been assisting clients with disability claims for over 45 years, which means we know what is necessary to win a case and the types of evidence the SSA and your administrative law judge seek.
- Speed — We can often help you avoid costly delays in the process so that you can get the benefits you desperately need faster and at less cost to you.
- Advocacy — You will have a strong defender in your corner that is willing to fight for what you are entitled to.
- Results — We have won thousands of cases in our collective, multi-decade careers. In general, more benefits are awarded when you have representation on your side at the beginning of the disability application.
In addition, the Drummond Law disability attorney provides access to resources throughout this challenging time and ensures that you have those appropriate documents to support your claim in Taylorville, IL — making sure all of the i’s are dotted and the t’s crossed.
Alongside our expert disability attorneys, Drummond Law provides our Taylorville, IL clients with the following:
- Lawyers for Disability
- VA Lawyers
- SSI Lawyers
- Disability Attorneys
- VA Disability Lawyers
- Social Security Disability Attorneys
- Personal Injury Claims
- Work Comp Attorney
- Injury Attorney
Things to Know About Taylorville, IL SSD and SSI Disability Claims
Find out more about the qualifications for each of these programs below:
Taylorville, IL Disability Attorney: Social Security Disability
One way to think of SSD is like an insurance plan. You become eligible if you have paid “premiums” in the way of FICA taxes — which are automatically deducted from your paycheck — into the Social Security trust fund recently and over a substantial period of time. Age and education are also of interest to the SSA.
Eligibility requirements for SSD:
- Work history/built-up work credits — SSD is funded by workers and employers. In many cases, you need 40 credits in order to qualify, but some disabled younger people may still be able to qualify with fewer credits.
Taylorville, IL Disability Attorney: Supplemental Security Income
The SSI program is meant for disabled people of any age and is generally needs-based. Funding is taken from general tax revenue, and is not dependent upon your work history, making it available to people that have limited resources and therefore are unable to provide for themselves.
Eligibility Requirements for SSI
- Disability (any age)
- OR blindness (any age)
- OR age (65+)
- Limited/no income — less than $2,000 in assets for an individual and less than $3,000 for a couple
You may qualify for any one of these programs or more than one concurrently. You need the help of our disability attorney to see where you qualify. After determining which program is right for you, we’ll guide you through the application process. Feel free to contact us immediately or call us at 800-842-0426 to get started.
Taylorville, IL Disability Attorney: Social Security Disability for Children
The Drummond lawyers for disability know that no matter what the medical condition, caring for a child with disabilities is challenging for any parent. And when both the child and the parent grow older, the child may be left with little support if something were to happen to the caregiver. Social Security provides a safety net for children who suffer from disabilities, as well as providing support to their families.
Eligibility Requirements for SSD for Children:
- No income/limited resources for the family
- Under the age of 18 — this includes children, grandchildren, adopted children, or stepchildren
- OR under the age of 19 — if the child is attending elementary or secondary school full-time
- Older than 18 — Unmarried adult children who lost their parents or if those parents are claiming disability benefits. The child must have also been diagnosed with a disability before the age of 22.
Taylorville, IL Disability Attorney | Drummond Law
You have spent the majority of your life working. You have devoted time away from your loved ones to help provide for them. If a disability is affecting your ability to pay bills and provide for those loved ones, it is vital that you have our attorneys fight for you. As disability attorneys, we specialize in simplifying the process of filing a claim. We make sure you and your family are looked after during these difficult times. The Drummond Law disability attorney team has successfully helped over 10,000 clients in Southern Illinois and throughout the Midwest receive disability benefits.