Here to Help in Hermann, MO
Disability Attorney Hermann, MO
Disability Attorney Hermann, MO. If a disability keeps you from working, your financial concerns and impediments can add to an increasingly stressful situation in Hermann, MO. You may feel overwhelmed when you ponder your future and your family’s wellbeing. It can be hard to even know where to begin. The easiest start is usually considered the best. Call a disability attorney at Drummond Law as soon as possible at 844-706-7710 or contact us online for a free, no-risk consultation.
Whether you need to file a disability claim for yourself or a loved one in Hermann, MO, a Drummond Law disability attorney will help secure a bright financial future. Our disability attorneys have the experience and knowledge necessary to help file your claim, which is an arduous process in and of itself, or assist in an appeal. Since 1976, our legal team at Drummond Law has successfully helped thousands of clients in Hermann, MO and throughout the Midwest with disability claims.
At our firm, you can count on receiving the one-on-one service you deserve from an experienced disability attorney focused on securing the best possible outcome in your case. You will meet with our skilled disability attorney early on near Hermann, MO, and that same attorney will be with you throughout the process. We don’t pass clients around. You are a name, not a number.
We take pride in the strong relationships we build with every client. You can rely on our Hermann, MO disability attorney to supply honest advice about your situation, cultivating a strategy that best fits your specific circumstances in Hermann, MO. Call us at 844-706-7710 or contact us online.
Hermann, MO Disability Attorney: How Do I Qualify For Disability?
The United States developed benefits, overseen by the Social Security Administration, to assist individuals like you in Hermann, MO cover their expenses. If an illness, injury, or disability is preventing you from working, you might be eligible for one these federal programs:
- Social Security Disability Insurance – SSD Lawyers in Hermann, MO
- Social Security Family Benefits – SSD For Children Lawyer in Hermann, MO
- Supplemental Security Income – SSI Lawyers in Hermann, MO
We’ll break these programs down in-depth, and our disability attorney will meet with you to figure out the ideal option. The SSA considers you to have a qualifying disability if all of the following three circumstances are true:
- You cannot do work and engage in substantial gainful activity because of your medical condition.
- You cannot do work you did previously or adjust to other work because of your medical condition.
- Your condition has lasted or is expected to last for at least one year or to result in death.
There is a long list of situations that the SSA looks at in adjudicating if you are eligible. Chief among them is whether or not you are disabled with a medical condition that is expected to last at least 12 months (or is chronic) and prevents you from doing full-time work.
Common conditions that qualify for disability:
- Blindness and hearing impairment
- Cancers of all kinds
- Heart conditions
- Thyroid disorders
- Accidental or non-preventive injuries
- Bipolar disorder
- Crohn’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
There are various other conditions not on this list that qualify in the eyes of the SSA, which is exactly why approval is done on a case-by-case basis. The SSA will look at the documented medical proof that your condition has rendered you unable to do the work you performed before. The SSA will then determine whether or not you can adjust to some other form of meaningful work and, if not, then you may take part in benefits from SSI or SSD, or possibly another federal program.
Hermann, MO Disability Attorney: How Do I Apply For Disability?
Our disability attorney is here to help do things the right way the first time, so that you do not get denied. In fact, around 65 percent of first-time applicants are denied by the SSA. Let’s ensure that doesn’t happen to you. Contact us or call 844-706-7710 for more information about your disability claim.
Some of the necessary data for the documentation includes:
- Military service discharge information
- Tax returns from the year prior
- Social Security numbers for your spouse and any dependents
- Banking information for direct deposit
- A disability report that includes:
- Contact information for yourself and a friend or family member
- Patient ID numbers and dates of treatment
- Names of any prescriptions and the prescribing doctor
- Kinds of jobs and dates employed over the past 15 years
- Information on any other claims you have filed to receive benefits as a result of your disability
Hermann, MO Disability Attorney: Why Do I Need a Lawyer to File a Disability Claim?
It is imperative to have a Drummond Law disability attorney help you file a claim in Hermann, MO. While it normally takes the SSA anywhere from 3-5 months to file a decision, a recent study by the U.S. Government Accountability Office found that claimants who had a disability attorney on their side were approved for disability benefits at a rate almost 3 times higher than individuals without representation.
The disability process involves an abundance of rules, regulations, and procedures — even unwritten ones. It’s a legal system in and of itself with its own courts and judges that decide who gets disability benefits. This is specifically why you need the assistance of a experienced disability attorney near Hermann, MO, who knows the system inside and out to help you avoid mistakes and ease stress. Call us at 844-706-7710 or contact us.
When you get our Hermann, MO disability attorney involved in the disability application from the beginning, you benefit from our:
- Expertise — We have been assisting clients with disability claims for over 45 years, which means we know what it takes to win a case and the types of evidence the SSA and your administrative law judge seek.
- Efficiency — Avoid costly delays and get your benefits faster with our help.
- Advocacy — You need a strong advocate by your side who will not only present your case in the most favorable light, but also defend you in case there are medical advisors who are opposing your need.
- Results — We have won thousands of cases in our collective, multi-decade careers. Generally speaking, more benefits are awarded when you have representation on your side at the beginning of the disability application.
Additionally, the Drummond Law disability attorney provides access to resources throughout this challenging time and ensures that you have those appropriate documents to support your claim in Hermann, MO — making sure all of the i’s are dotted and the t’s crossed.
In addition to our expert disability attorneys, Drummond Law provides our Hermann, MO clients with the following:
- Lawyers for Disability
- VA Lawyers
- SSI Lawyers
- Disability Attorneys
- VA Disability Lawyers
- Social Security Disability Attorneys
- Personal Injury Claims
- Work Comp Attorney
- Injury Attorney
Things to Know About Hermann, MO SSD and SSI Disability Claims
The Drummond Law disability attorney team has prepared a SSD/SSI Handbook, as well as a legal glossary, to provide clients with useful resources.
If you have any questions or concerns, give us a call as soon as possible at 844-706-7710 or reach out to us online for a risk-free case review.
Find out more about the requirements for each of these programs below:
Hermann, MO Disability Attorney: Social Security Disability
One of the easiest ways to understand the SSD program is to think of it as an insurance plan. You qualify if you have paid “premiums” in the way of FICA taxes — which are automatically withheld from your paycheck — into the Social Security trust fund recently and over a substantial period of time. Age and education also matter to the SSA.
Eligibility requirements for SSD:
- Work history/built-up work credits — SSD is funded by workers and employers. In most cases, 40 credits are required but younger people may still be eligible with fewer.
Hermann, MO Disability Attorney: Supplemental Security Income
The SSI program is typically needs-based and meant for people of any age with a disability. Funding is taken from general tax revenue, and is not dependent upon your work history, making it available to people with a low income in addition to being unable to provide basic necessities for themselves.
Eligibility Requirements for SSI
- Disability (any age)
- OR blindness (any age)
- OR age (65+)
- Limited/no income — less than $2,000 in assets for an individual and less than $3,000 for a couple
You may be eligible for any one of these programs or more than one at the same time. You need the help of our disability attorney to see if your situation meets these qualifications. Once we determine which program is right for you that will cover your needs, we’ll help you get started on the application. Don’t hesitate reach out to now or call us at 844-706-7710 to get started.
Hermann, MO Disability Attorney: Social Security Disability for Children
The Drummond lawyers for disability know that no matter what the medical condition, caring for a child with disabilities is challenging for any parent. And when both the child and the parent grow older, the child may be left with little support if something were to happen to the caregiver. Social Security is there to offer assistance to children who suffer from disabilities, as well as providing support to their families.
Eligibility Requirements for SSD for Children:
- Limited resources/no income for the family
- Under the age of 18 — this includes children, grandchildren, adopted children, or stepchildren
- OR under the age of 19 — if the child is attending elementary or secondary school full-time
- Older than 18 — Unmarried adult children whose parents have died or the parents have become disabled themselves and require benefits. The child must have also been diagnosed with a disability before the age of 22.
Hermann, MO Disability Attorney | Drummond Law
The Drummond Law disability attorney team has successfully helped over 10,000 clients in Southern Illinois and throughout the Midwest receive disability benefits. As disability attorneys, we specialize in simplifying the process of filing a claim. You have spent the majority of your life working. You have devoted time away from your loved ones to help provide for them. If a disability is affecting your ability to pay bills and provide for those loved ones, it is critical that you have our attorneys fight for you. We make sure you and your family are looked after during these difficult times.
Call us at 844-706-7710 or contact us for a no-cost, confidential case review.