Here to Help in Staunton, IL
Disability Attorney Staunton, IL
Disability Attorney Staunton, IL. If your disability prevents you from working and providing for your loved ones, your financial concerns and impediments can add to an increasingly stressful situation in Staunton, IL. You may feel inundated when you ponder your future and your family’s livelihood. It can be hard to even know where to get going. The simplest start is usually considered the best. A disability attorney at Drummond Law is simply a phone call away at 800-842-0426 or contact us online for a free, no-risk consultation.
Since 1976, our legal team at Drummond Law has successfully helped thousands of clients in Staunton, IL and throughout the Midwest with disability claims. Our disability attorneys have the experience and knowledge necessary to help file your claim, which is an arduous process in and of itself, or assist in an appeal. Whether you need to file a disability claim for yourself or a loved one in Staunton, IL, a Drummond Law disability attorney will help secure a bright financial future.
At our firm, you can count on receiving the one-on-one service you deserve from an experienced disability attorney focused on securing the best possible outcome in your case. You will meet with our skilled disability attorney early on near Staunton, IL, and that same attorney will be with you throughout the process. We don’t pass clients around. You are a name, not a number.
We are proud of the strong relationships we build with each client. You can rely on our Staunton, IL disability attorney to provide honest advice about your options, cultivating a strategy that best fits your specific circumstances in Staunton, IL. Call us at 800-842-0426 or contact us online.
Staunton, IL Disability Attorney: How Do I Qualify For Disability?
The United States created benefits, run by the Social Security Administration, to help individuals like you in Staunton, IL pay their bills. If an illness, injury, or disability is keeping you from working, you may be eligible for one these federal programs:
- Social Security Family Benefits – SSD For Children Lawyer in Staunton, IL
- Social Security Disability Insurance – SSD Lawyers in Staunton, IL
- Supplemental Security Income – SSI Lawyers in Staunton, IL
We will break these programs down in-depth, and our disability attorney will meet with you to talk about the best option. The SSA considers you to have a qualifying disability if ALL of the following three circumstances are true:
- You cannot do work and engage in substantial gainful activity because of your medical condition.
- You cannot do work you did previously or adjust to other work because of your medical condition.
- Your condition has lasted or is expected to last for at least one year or to result in death.
There is a long list of situations that the SSA looks at in adjudicating if you are eligible. At the forefront is whether or not you are disabled with a medical condition that is expected to last at least 12 months (or is chronic) and prevents you from doing full-time work.
The most common medical conditions that qualify an individual as disabled:
- Blindness and hearing impairment
- Cancers of all kinds
- Heart conditions
- Thyroid disorders
- Accidental or non-preventive injuries
- Bipolar disorder
- Crohn’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
There are various other conditions not on this list that are eligible in the eyes of the SSA, which is exactly why approval is done on a case-by-case basis. The SSA will investigate the documented medical proof that your condition has rendered you unable to do the work you performed before. They will then conclude whether or not you can adjust to some other form of meaningful work and, if not, then you are entitled to benefits from SSI or SSD, or possibly another federal program.
Staunton, IL Disability Attorney: How Do I Apply For Disability?
Our disability lawyer is here to help do things the right way the first time, so that you do not get denied. In fact, around 65 percent of first-time applicants are denied by the SSA. Let’s ensure that doesn’t happen to you. Contact us or call 800-842-0426 for more information about your disability claim.
Some of the necessary data for the documentation includes:
- Military service discharge information
- Tax returns from the previous year
- Social Security numbers for your spouse and any dependents
- Banking information for direct deposit
- A disability report that includes:
- Contact information for yourself and a friend or family member
- Patient ID numbers and dates of treatment
- Names of any medications and the prescribing doctor
- Types of jobs and dates employed over the past 15 years
- Information on any other claims you have filed to receive benefits as a result of your disability
Staunton, IL Disability Attorney: Why Do I Need a Lawyer to File a Disability Claim?
It is imperative to have a Drummond Law disability attorney help you file a claim in Staunton, IL. While it generally takes the SSA around 3-5 months to file a decision, a recent study by the U.S. Government Accountability Office showed that claimants who had a disability attorney in their corner were allowed disability benefits at a rate almost 3 times higher than claimants without legal representation.
The disability process involves thousands of procedures, regulations, and rules — even unwritten ones. It’s a separate legal system with many nuances, courts, and judges of its own. This is specifically why you need the assistance of a skilled disability attorney near Staunton, IL, who knows the system inside and out to help you avoid mistakes and ease stress. Give us a call at 800-842-0426 or contact us.
When you get our Staunton, IL disability attorney involved in the disability application from the beginning, you benefit from our:
- Expertise — We have been assisting clients with disability claims for over 45 years, which means we know what it takes to win a case and the types of evidence the SSA and your administrative law judge look for.
- Efficiency — Avoid costly delays and get your benefits faster with our help.
- Advocacy — You need a strong advocate at your side who will not only present your case in the most favorable light, but also defend you in case there are medical advisors who are opposing your need.
- Results — We have won thousands of cases in our collective, multi-decade careers. Generally speaking, more benefits are awarded when you have representation on your side at the beginning of the disability application.
In addition, the Drummond Law disability attorney supplies access to resources during this challenging time and ensures that you have those appropriate documents to support your claim in Staunton, IL — making sure all of the i’s are dotted and the t’s crossed.
In addition to our expert disability attorneys, Drummond Law supplies our Staunton, IL clients with the following:
- Lawyers for Disability
- VA Lawyers
- SSI Lawyers
- Disability Attorneys
- VA Disability Lawyers
- Social Security Disability Attorneys
- Personal Injury Claims
- Work Comp Attorney
- Injury Attorney
Things to Know About Staunton, IL SSD and SSI Disability Claims
Find out more about the qualifications for each of these programs below:
Staunton, IL Disability Attorney: Social Security Disability
One way to think of SSD is like an insurance plan. You qualify if you have paid “premiums” in the form of FICA taxes — which are predictably withheld from your paycheck — into the Social Security trust fund recently and over a sufficient period of time. Age and education also matter to the SSA.
Eligibility requirements for SSD:
- Work history/built-up work credits — SSD is funded by workers and employers. In many cases, you need 40 credits in order to qualify, but some disabled younger people may still be able to qualify with fewer credits.
Staunton, IL Disability Attorney: Supplemental Security Income
The SSI program is meant for disabled people of any age and is generally needs-based. Funding is taken from general tax revenue, and is not dependent upon your work history, making it available to people with a low income in addition to being unable to provide basic necessities for themselves.
Eligibility Requirements for SSI
- Disability (any age)
- OR blindness (any age)
- OR age (65+)
- Limited/no income — less than $2,000 in assets for an individual and less than $3,000 for a couple
You may qualify for any one of these programs or more than one at the same time. You need the assistance of our disability attorney to see if your situation meets these qualifications. After determining which program is right for you, we’ll guide you through the application process. Don’t hesitate reach out to immediately or give us a call at 800-842-0426 to get started.
Staunton, IL Disability Attorney: Social Security Disability for Children
The Drummond lawyers for disability know that raising a child with a disability is one of the most difficult challenges a parent must face. And when both the child and the parent grow older, the child may be left with little support if something were to happen to the caregiver. Social Security is there to offer assistance to children who suffer from disabilities, as well as providing support to their families.
Eligibility Requirements for SSD for Children:
- No income/limited resources from the caregivers
- Under the age of 18 — this includes children, stepchildren, adopted children, or grandchildren
- OR under the age of 19 — if a child is attending elementary or secondary school full-time
- Older than 18 — Unmarried adult children whose parents have died or the parents have become disabled themselves and require benefits. The child must have also been diagnosed with a disability before 22 years of age.
Staunton, IL Disability Attorney | Drummond Law
You have spent the majority of your life working. You have devoted time away from your loved ones to help provide for them. If a disability is affecting your ability to pay bills and provide for those loved ones, it is critical that you have our attorneys fight for you. As disability attorneys, we specialize in simplifying the process of filing a claim. We make sure you and your family are looked after during these difficult times. The Drummond Law disability attorney team has successfully helped over 10,000 clients in Southern Illinois and throughout the Midwest receive disability benefits.