Here to Help in Calhoun County, IL
Disability Attorney Calhoun County, IL
Disability Attorney Calhoun County, IL. If a disability prevents you from working and providing for your loved ones, your financial troubles and impediments can add to an increasingly stressful situation in Calhoun County, IL. You may feel inundated when you think about your future and your family’s livelihood. It can be hard to even know where to begin. The simplest start is usually considered the best. A disability attorney at Drummond Law is only a phone call away at 844-706-7710 or contact us online for a free, no-risk case review.
Since 1976, our legal team at Drummond Law has successfully helped thousands of clients in Calhoun County, IL and throughout the Midwest with disability claims. Our disability attorneys have the experience and knowledge necessary to help file your claim, which is an arduous process in and of itself, or assist in an appeal. Whether you need to file a disability claim for yourself or a loved one in Calhoun County, IL, a Drummond Law disability attorney will help secure a bright financial future.
At our firm, you can count on receiving the one-on-one service you deserve from an experienced disability attorney focused on securing the best possible outcome in your case. You will meet with our skilled disability attorney early on near Calhoun County, IL, and that same attorney will be with you throughout the process. We don’t pass clients around. You are a name, not a number.
We take pride in the strong relationships we build with each client. You can rely on our Calhoun County, IL disability attorney to supply honest advice about your situation, developing a strategy that best fits your specific circumstances in Calhoun County, IL. Call us at 844-706-7710 or contact us online.
Calhoun County, IL Disability Attorney: How Do I Qualify For Disability?
The United States developed benefits, governed by the Social Security Administration, to help people like you in Calhoun County, IL cover their expenses. If an illness, injury, or disability is keeping you from working, you may be eligible for one these federal programs:
- Social Security Disability Insurance – SSD Lawyers in Calhoun County, IL
- Social Security Family Benefits – SSD For Children Lawyer in Calhoun County, IL
- Supplemental Security Income – SSI Lawyers in Calhoun County, IL
We’ll break these programs down in-depth, and our disability attorney will meet with you to talk about the ideal option. The SSA considers you to have a qualifying disability if ALL of the following three circumstances are true:
- You cannot do work and engage in substantial gainful activity because of your medical condition.
- You cannot do work you did previously or adjust to other work because of your medical condition.
- Your condition has lasted or is expected to last for at least one year or to result in death.
There is a long list of situations that the SSA looks at in determining your eligibility. At the forefront is whether or not you are disabled with a medical condition that is expected to last at least 12 months (or is chronic) and restricts you from doing full-time work.
Common conditions that qualify for disability:
- Blindness and hearing impairment
- Cancers of all kinds
- Heart conditions
- Thyroid disorders
- Accidental or non-preventive injuries
- Bipolar disorder
- Crohn’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
There are various other conditions not included here that qualify in the eyes of the SSA, which is a case-in-point why approval is done on a case-by-case basis. The SSA will look at the documented medical proof that your condition has rendered you unable to do the work you performed before. The SSA will then determine whether or not you are able to adjust to other work and, if not, then you may take part in benefits from SSI or SSD, or possibly another federal program.
Calhoun County, IL Disability Attorney: How Do I Apply For Disability?
Our disability lawyer is here to help do things the right way the first time, so that your claim does not get denied. In fact, approximately 65 percent of first-time applicants are denied by the SSA. Let’s ensure that doesn’t happen to you. Reach out to us or call 844-706-7710 for more information about your disability claim.
Some of the necessary data for the documentation includes:
- Military service discharge information
- Tax returns from the year prior
- Social Security numbers for your spouse and any dependents
- Banking information for direct deposit
- A disability report that includes:
- Contact information for yourself and a friend or family member
- Patient ID numbers and dates of treatment
- Names of any medications and the prescribing doctor
- Types of jobs and dates employed over the past 15 years
- Information on any other claims you have filed to receive benefits as a result of your disability
Calhoun County, IL Disability Attorney: Why Do I Need an Attorney to File a Disability Claim?
It is crucial to have a Drummond Law disability attorney help you file a claim in Calhoun County, IL. While it normally takes the SSA anywhere from 3-5 months to file a decision, a recent study by the U.S. Government Accountability Office showed that claimants who had a disability attorney in their corner were approved for disability benefits at a rate nearly 3 times higher than claimants without representation.
The disability process involves thousands of rules, regulations, and procedures — even unwritten ones. It’s a legal system in and of itself with its own courts and judges that decide who gets disability benefits. This is specifically why you need the help of a skilled disability attorney near Calhoun County, IL, who knows the system inside and out to help you avoid mistakes and ease stress. Call us at 844-706-7710 or contact us.
When you get our Calhoun County, IL disability attorney involved in the disability application from the beginning, you benefit from our:
- Experience — We have been assisting clients with disability claims for over 45 years, proving we know what is necessary to win a case and what kind of evidence the SSA and your administrative law judge seek.
- Efficiency — Avoid costly delays and get your benefits faster with our help.
- Advocacy — You need a strong advocate by your side who will not only present your case in the most favorable light, but also defend you in case there are medical advisors who are opposing your need.
- Results — We have won thousands of cases in our collective, multi-decade careers. Generally speaking, more benefits are awarded when you have representation on your side at the beginning of the disability application.
Additionally, the Drummond Law disability attorney provides access to resources during this challenging time and ensures that you have those appropriate documents to back up your claim in Calhoun County, IL — guaranteeing all of the i’s are dotted and the t’s crossed.
Alongside our expert disability attorneys, Drummond Law provides our Calhoun County, IL clients with the following:
- Lawyers for Disability
- VA Lawyers
- SSI Lawyers
- Disability Attorneys
- VA Disability Lawyers
- Social Security Disability Attorneys
- Personal Injury Claims
- Work Comp Attorney
- Injury Attorney
Things to Know About Calhoun County, IL SSD and SSI Disability Claims
Find out more about the qualifications for each of these programs below:
Calhoun County, IL Disability Attorney: Social Security Disability
One way to think of SSD is like an insurance plan. You become eligible if you have paid “premiums” in the way of FICA taxes — which are predictably withheld from your paycheck — into the Social Security trust fund recently and over a substantial period of time. Education level and age are also of interest to the SSA.
Eligibility requirements for SSD:
- Work history/built-up work credits — SSD is funded by workers and employers. In many cases, you need 40 credits in order to qualify, but some disabled younger people may still be able to qualify with fewer credits.
Calhoun County, IL Disability Attorney: Supplemental Security Income
The SSI program is meant for disabled people of any age and is generally needs-based. Funding is taken from general tax revenue, and is not dependent upon your work history, making it available to people that have limited resources and therefore are unable to provide for themselves.
Eligibility Requirements for SSI
- Disability (any age)
- OR blindness (any age)
- OR age (65+)
- Limited/no income — less than $2,000 in assets for an individual and less than $3,000 for a couple
You may be eligible for any one of these programs or more than one concurrently. You need the help of our disability attorney to see where you qualify. After determining which program is right for you, we’ll guide you through the application process. Feel free to reach out to now or call us at 844-706-7710 to get started.
Calhoun County, IL Disability Attorney: Social Security Disability for Children
The Drummond lawyers for disability know that no matter what the medical condition, caring for a child with disabilities is challenging for any parent. And when both the child and the parent grow older, the child may be left with little support if something were to happen to the caregiver. Social Security provides a safety net for children who suffer from disabilities, as well as offering support to their families.
Eligibility Requirements for SSD for Children:
- No income/limited resources for the family
- Under the age of 18 — this includes children, stepchildren, adopted children, or grandchildren
- OR under the age of 19 — if a child is attending elementary or secondary school full-time
- Older than 18 — Unmarried adult children who lost their parents or if those parents are claiming disability benefits. The child must have also been diagnosed with a disability before the age of 22.
Calhoun County, IL Disability Attorney | Drummond Law
You have spent the majority of your life working. You have committed time away from your loved ones to help provide for them. If a disability is affecting your ability to pay bills and provide for those loved ones, it is critical that you have our lawyers fight for you. As disability attorneys, we specialize in simplifying the process of filing a claim. We make sure you and your family are looked after during these difficult times. The Drummond Law disability attorney team has successfully helped over 10,000 clients in Southern Illinois and throughout the Midwest receive disability benefits.